The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:14:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 27086 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2021, 13:03:22 pm »

Depends who you vote for but def not a waste of time. Hope for some good may come of it.

Evers - the principle is sound but look at two aspect -

Firstly KT has shown no interest in true fan representation here, Oxford or Torquay and this has only happened coincidentally at the time of the spat with the Trust.
Secondly - roles and responsibilities of this position are very poorly defined and taking on a role legally defined as a director has a number of serious responsibilities. Additionally (and sadly) do you really think an individual albeit the fan’s choice is going to have as much clout as one with either deep pockets or in the current scenario one who can influence WNC decision making.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2021, 13:18:23 pm »

100% agree - I gave it some thought and came to the conclusion it’s nonsense and having read several pages of the thread maintain it’s nonsense and little more than a PR stunt from the current owner.
Absolutely spot on mate, this is the utter contempt that Thomas holds the supporters of our great club with, it’s just a PR stunt, two weeks to elect someone, it’s just ridiculous.
Thomas has clearly had enough, the interviews get more and more painful for him, life is too short Kelvin cut your loses, sell the club and go and do something else that will make you happy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2021, 13:25:38 pm »

Absolutely spot on mate, this is the utter contempt that Thomas holds the supporters of our great club with, it’s just a PR stunt, two weeks to elect someone, it’s just ridiculous.
Thomas has clearly had enough, the interviews get more and more painful for him, life is too short Kelvin cut your loses, sell the club and go and do something else that will make you happy.
I'm not sure it's not Mr Bower that hasn't had enough and KT is on the receiving end of his frustrations over not seeing any prospect of a return on his investment.
Wasn't he over and in town recently?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2021, 16:47:24 pm »

I'm not sure it's not Mr Bower that hasn't had enough and KT is on the receiving end of his frustrations over not seeing any prospect of a return on his investment.
Wasn't he over and in town recently?
He was and the fact he has transferred shares to his wife would lead to come to the conclusion he’s trying to sell.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2021, 18:50:47 pm »

Stop shît stirring TFAMH it makes you look bitter and twisted.

Just like buses these Trusty types..  Grin Grin  Are you round each other’s for a sleepover 😀😜😜

What’s it like to have no fans… What’s it like to have no fans… 🎶

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2021, 19:01:48 pm »

Just like buses these Trusty types..  Grin Grin  Are you round each other’s for a sleepover 😀😜😜

What’s it like to have no fans… What’s it like to have no fans… 🎶

How did Chelsea get on today ?   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2021, 19:07:45 pm »

How did Chelsea get on today ?   Wink

Don’t know mate. I was at Salford. I’d imagine you was as well???

Did you pop up on the COVID bus 😜😜
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2021, 23:02:56 pm »

Did you pop up on the COVID bus 😜😜

A bit low, even by your standards   Shocked  Sad
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 23:05:28 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2021, 23:46:40 pm »

A bit low, even by your standards   Shocked  Sad

This is getting ugly!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3429

« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2021, 01:52:29 am »

Finally the thread becomes interesting.

Why all the excitement over who will be in charge of choosing the biscuits for meetings anyway? Custard Creams or Rich Tea, maybe a Peak Freans Family assortment to please the crowd! woah.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2021, 05:09:28 am »

Finally the thread becomes interesting.

Why all the excitement over who will be in charge of choosing the biscuits for meetings anyway? Custard Creams or Rich Tea, maybe a Peak Freans Family assortment to please the crowd! woah.  Shocked
In the unlikely event I decide to run that decision has already been made.

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/food-wine-food-biscuits-cakes
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3429

« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2021, 06:17:30 am »

Afternoon Melly. A true directors choice.

Any more decisions like that and you'll find yourself elected.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2021, 10:00:38 am »

Just when his last few posts had struck a more balanced viewpoint, along comes this crap!!

Administrator my ar5e…..

Albeit rather tongue in cheek on my behalf. There are some valid points raised. How about rather than doing the usual Trust attitude of focusing on anything but yourselves, put up a reasoned response. Rise to the challenge old chap. Take me and the doubters on head first. Surely the think tank, the keepers of the facts wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to refute any suggestion that they are not representative of the support.

How about wiping the floor with me, by popping up with some tasty figures. Imagine the pure unconditional apology I would have to provide, once you hit me with the last five years new membership figures. Imaging my embarrassment when you show how the Trusts forum is not reflective of the apathy that resides within your membership, and you provide clear evidence of the wholesale engagement you have with your members. Hold a members only forum, you can come back on here the next next day with a genuine mandate, knowing that I and many others have misjudged the whole thing.

Look at all of the options open to the Trust board. Let’s see just one, just for affirmation of the stance taken. Surely that’s democratic and fair. I’m more than happy to be wrong. In fact it would inspire a confidence that would definitely galvanise the support. Let’s hear something actually from the support. Not just the few that meet in a club. Go on. Give it a go, rather than just sneering at us….
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2021, 16:54:52 pm »

Albeit rather tongue in cheek on my behalf. There are some valid points raised. How about rather than doing the usual Trust attitude of focusing on anything but yourselves, put up a reasoned response. Rise to the challenge old chap. Take me and the doubters on head first. Surely the think tank, the keepers of the facts wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to refute any suggestion that they are not representative of the support.

How about wiping the floor with me, by popping up with some tasty figures. Imagine the pure unconditional apology I would have to provide, once you hit me with the last five years new membership figures. Imaging my embarrassment when you show how the Trusts forum is not reflective of the apathy that resides within your membership, and you provide clear evidence of the wholesale engagement you have with your members. Hold a members only forum, you can come back on here the next next day with a genuine mandate, knowing that I and many others have misjudged the whole thing.

Look at all of the options open to the Trust board. Let’s see just one, just for affirmation of the stance taken. Surely that’s democratic and fair. I’m more than happy to be wrong. In fact it would inspire a confidence that would definitely galvanise the support. Let’s hear something actually from the support. Not just the few that meet in a club. Go on. Give it a go, rather than just sneering at us….
Perhaps they don’t think your that important Tel?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2021, 17:21:09 pm »

In fairness to the trust they don’t need to get involved in spats on football forums.
They, just like the board of the football club should be above such things.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2021, 18:53:53 pm »

In fairness to the trust they don’t need to get involved in spats on football forums.
They, just like the board of the football club should be above such things.
Oh come on, if you take that away from Tel all he would have left is to sit in the corner of a room sticking pins into an Andy Roberts doll.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2021, 21:40:41 pm »

Oh come on, if you take that away from Tel all he would have left is to sit in the corner of a room sticking pins into an Andy Roberts doll.
did you take him up on the offer of a job?
In the unlikely event I decide to run that decision has already been made.

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/food-wine-food-biscuits-cakes
Ironic really, I click on biscuits and cakes, and then get hit with requests to use Cookies.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2021, 22:49:44 pm »

did you take him up on the offer of a job?
I offered to help him find someone to do the job, but he didn't get back to me ! No one has enough money to tempt me back to work  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2021, 01:37:28 am »

did you take him up on the offer of a job?Ironic really, I click on biscuits and cakes, and then get hit with requests to use Cookies.

Grin

Accepting all the cookies is why our "Merkin" friends are all fat. We should have biscuits on all British websites.

As a footnote please do listen to our friends from across the pond when they declare themselves, "Proud to be a Merkin." When you know what one is and how they came about, it will make you smile every time. Yee Ha.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2021, 17:28:51 pm »

Perhaps they don’t think your that important Tel?

I’d hope not. I’d hate to be considered anymore than any other person. But it is strange that the very few that insist on answers and integrity, appear as elusive as the ones they criticise.

As I said all along. It’s a race to the bottom between the Trust and the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: