The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:51:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 26591 times)
guest2608

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2021, 05:56:17 am »

I missed that.... Still, my shock remains.
The point about " happy to meet with the rep to discuss our members views"....
It just adds complexity doesn't it?
I hope all future views are measured with a broader canvass .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2021, 07:02:50 am »

I missed that.... Still, my shock remains.
The point about " happy to meet with the rep to discuss our members views"....
It just adds complexity doesn't it?
I hope all future views are measured with a broader canvass .
No it makes it far less complex, can you imagine if someone from the trust sat on the NTFC board, hardly impartial fans they KT wants.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:06 am »

I think you'll find KT said anyone could stand, the Trust has chosen not to.
Therefore, the fans are now represented by the winner of this vote.
As I said.... I'm shocked.

LOL Nice try

again so filling in a one page application, with 2 weeks notice and 2 weeks "voting" trumps 700 members, 11 board members, established 30 years, saved the club twice, raised 10000's for the club's benefit, 1000000 of hours of volunteer work

I'm shocked that you didn't put your name forward, but then KT said he wanted an independent FAN, so you obviously didn't qualify
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:47 am »

LOL Nice try

again so filling in a one page application, with 2 weeks notice and 2 weeks "voting" trumps 700 members, 11 board members, established 30 years, saved the club twice, raised 10000's for the club's benefit, 1000000 of hours of volunteer work

It possibly does trump how many of those Trust members who joined in the last ten years 😀😀😀. Have you ever attended a Trust forum without a guest speaker? They were COVID friendly, before we’d even heard of COVID. You need to get that AGM in, before all the phone boxes are gone 😜😜

Here’s some tumbleweed for ya…

https://ntfctrust.createaforum.com/

You’re getting as fanciful as KT's closet videos…

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 09:17:59 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2021, 10:17:33 am »

LOL Nice try

I'm shocked that you didn't put your name forward, but then KT said he wanted an independent FAN, so you obviously didn't qualify
Kodak made great cameras and Nokia made great phones
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2021, 13:19:55 pm »

They did, but one person is hardly Apple
Report Spam   Logged
macca1959

View Profile
Level 5 Search Combination
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2021, 13:22:42 pm »

There’s probably still a Nokia in the broom cupboard that DC used for his video’s
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2021, 16:14:53 pm »

There’s probably still a Nokia in the broom cupboard that DC used for his video’s
Someone needs to pull the pineapple out of KT’s arše when he’s making his sporadic interviews, you never know he might even smile.
Although it’s more likely to be wind.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2608

« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2021, 17:21:15 pm »

LOL Nice try

I was never even thinking about it, I live too far away and I understand zoom calls are not an option right?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2021, 17:27:31 pm »

I was never even thinking about it, I live too far away and I understand zoom calls are not an option right?

Now now...... you don't live too far away! The directors of the club include an owner who lives in Dubai and a Chairman who lives in Florida.....so you hardly live too far away!!

As for Zoom calls not being an option....in certain cases they are not, and in other cases they are. The Trust Board have held many a zoom call with the owners over the years, even in the pre-covid era. They have also recently held a Zoom call with the leader of the Council and other elected representatives. I'm sure too that the club directors/secretary/CEO hold Zoom calls between themselves, unless the only time anything gets done is when KT or DB happen to show up at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2021, 17:58:58 pm »

To be fair, the new Nokia X20 is good, very good!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2021, 19:44:51 pm »

Now now...... you don't live too far away! The directors of the club include an owner who lives in Dubai and a Chairman who lives in Florida.....so you hardly live too far away!!

As for Zoom calls not being an option....in certain cases they are not, and in other cases they are. The Trust Board have held many a zoom call with the owners over the years, even in the pre-covid era. They have also recently held a Zoom call with the leader of the Council and other elected representatives. I'm sure too that the club directors/secretary/CEO hold Zoom calls between themselves, unless the only time anything gets done is when KT or DB happen to show up at Sixfields.
When is a zoom call not a zoom call…..

When the trust don’t fancy engaging in one by the sounds of things Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2021, 19:50:34 pm »

When is a zoom call not a zoom call…..

When the trust don’t fancy engaging in one by the sounds of things Grin

Petty.....reported as spam!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2021, 19:57:06 pm »

Petty.....reported as spam!  Grin

Ah Spam.. the forgotten Sunday roast of the poor..
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2021, 20:08:29 pm »

Ah Spam.. the forgotten Sunday roast of the poor..

It doesn't need to be....its £2.75 for a decent size tin......Tesco's sell whole chickens for that price......Spam or Chicken?? Its a tough one! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest2608

« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2021, 20:51:13 pm »

Yeah I do.... And the more this saga continues the less bothered I am about the whole thing.
Family, health, friends, sport.... That's now priority.
Sick of all the bitching to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
NathR

View Profile
Level 4 Eighth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2021, 03:22:15 am »

LOL Nice try

It’s funny that people believe the trust saved the club, at the end of the Cardoza era.  They didn’t, Kelvin Thomas and co. Did! Yes the acted as collective to raise money for the club, some was used to pay wages, the remainder wouldn’t have touch the sides of the giant hole we were in, and subsequently after the club had been rescued they kept the balance for themselves, sorry ‘to look after’!   

The Trust, in my opinion is outdated and does not represent the fans of our club. Members alone (if 700 is correct) wouldn’t even fill 10% of our ground.  A ground that according to the Trusts latest endeavour is far too small!   Out of interesting, if anyone from the trust is reading this, how do you finance the reports etc. That you produce, corporate match sponsorships days you attend etc.?

The club is doing a great thing by offering a fan, any fan, a place on the board.  Making this a democratic vote by the fans and not an appointment by the club, literally anyone could have put themselves forward and be voted in by the Fans and the club decided to have no control over who this will be.  It is strange that one of the 11 trust board members, along with their 700 strong support didn’t put themselves forward as this was a perfect opportunity for them to get what they’ve been asking for…transparently.  If I was a trust member and supporter I’d be very disappointed.  Maybe this role is beneath them, and it’s full control they want, as from a public view it does seems the Trust just like to make a lot of negative noise, have their own agenda of somehow taking over the club, and have no interesting in working with the current owners.

Good Luck to Tom and Dan, and thank you both for offering yourselves to represent the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2021, 07:17:30 am »

It’s funny that people believe the trust saved the club, at the end of the Cardoza era.  They didn’t, Kelvin Thomas and co. Did! Yes the acted as collective to raise money for the club, some was used to pay wages, the remainder wouldn’t have touch the sides of the giant hole we were in, and subsequently after the club had been rescued they kept the balance for themselves, sorry ‘to look after’!   

The Trust, in my opinion is outdated and does not represent the fans of our club. Members alone (if 700 is correct) wouldn’t even fill 10% of our ground.  A ground that according to the Trusts latest endeavour is far too small!   Out of interesting, if anyone from the trust is reading this, how do you finance the reports etc. That you produce, corporate match sponsorships days you attend etc.?

The club is doing a great thing by offering a fan, any fan, a place on the board.  Making this a democratic vote by the fans and not an appointment by the club, literally anyone could have put themselves forward and be voted in by the Fans and the club decided to have no control over who this will be.  It is strange that one of the 11 trust board members, along with their 700 strong support didn’t put themselves forward as this was a perfect opportunity for them to get what they’ve been asking for…transparently.  If I was a trust member and supporter I’d be very disappointed.  Maybe this role is beneath them, and it’s full control they want, as from a public view it does seems the Trust just like to make a lot of negative noise, have their own agenda of somehow taking over the club, and have no interesting in working with the current owners.

Good Luck to Tom and Dan, and thank you both for offering yourselves to represent the fans.
The club have once again shown how amateur it is by the truly shocking process in selecting a fan for a “board position”, little to no information on the role, two weeks to apply, no wonder only a couple of people applied both proper supporters.
Before posting utter nonsense go and read the trust’s statement on why they didn’t put someone forward.
It must really hurt that the council have put two members into the Trust board, good luck with the land deal as it stands.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2021, 07:29:43 am »

I can see the council meeting now...

"Right, there are blue straws and red straws. All Conservative councillors pick a blue straw and all Labour councillors take a red straw."
"What about Lib Dem councillors?"
"Shut it, Dennis."
"OK."
"Now, where was I? Oh yes, in amongst these straws there's one short red straw and one short blue straw...."
"If I get a short straw I'm calling this decision in."
"For f***'s sake, Danielle...."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 07:33:18 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2021, 07:37:20 am »

Just a short engagement from me on this, I intend to carry on steering clear of any of the politics on social media platforms.

Just to say, the Trust are absolutely right by not putting a candidate forward. Their statement relating to this was excellent and totally justified it. Also, when the Trusts last director resigned from the board, again it was the correct decision in my view, based on the fact that no one with a clean history on companies house would want to have potentially tarnished themselves at the time with a company that was on the verge of going bankrupt/being invested for fraud etc. Regardless of the role itself and the level of importance attached to it! Its crazy to criticise the trust for those decisions, by all means debate the current stuff etc but some of the posts relating to the past are ignorant and very badly informed!

Good luck to both Dan and Tom. Two terrific guys and both of whom are totally committed and passionate supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: