The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:24:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 27023 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 14:34:04 pm »

Just remember this is open to anyone who is nominated and seconded by a season ticket holder. The voting is open to all Cobblers supporters with the club monitoring to ensure people are voting only once.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 14:37:25 pm »

I'm happy to take this role and correct a few issues...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 14:38:28 pm »

I’m going for this, genuinely.

Count me in too - it will be an honour!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 15:56:51 pm »

Maybe not but it’s clearly an attempt to say to the council, look we’ve got the fans on board.
THE TRUST IS THE VOICE OF THE FANS……

No its not . The trust has been hijacked by a few vocal siupporters with their own agenda. It should not be anyone involved with the trust either officially or unofficially.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 16:00:43 pm by Another Pedj » Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 16:06:10 pm »

The more I think about this, the more I'm having doubts. This is Kelvin Thomas who admitted he didn't want any supporter involvement at either Oxford or Torquay and  was 100% against supporters in the boardroom, so much so that he was going to "walk away" from NTFC if the Trust had of insisted on the supporters rep on the board, which was in the NBC deal. At this time relations between KT and the Trust were fine, he was happy that the Trust had brokered a great deal for him to buy the club, but he still said the a supporters rep was a deal breaker, so what's changed ?
   Is it the up and coming Government report from Tracey Crouch that will insist on this or has he had a change of heart, similar to Jeremy Corbyn voting Tory !!
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 16:13:43 pm »

It should not be anyone involved with the trust either officially or unofficially.
Think about what you've just written, you are attempting to select who can stand despite NTFC saying "“As a club we will not be dictating in anyway who this person is or what type of fan they are, which is why we are not saying they have to be a season ticket holder, member or anything like that".
       I think your bias has you struggling to accept democracy, are you going to set up a group who decides who can stand or can't stand  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 16:18:52 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2021, 16:19:41 pm »

The more I think about this, the more I'm having doubts. This is Kelvin Thomas who admitted he didn't want any supporter involvement at either Oxford or Torquay and  was 100% against supporters in the boardroom, so much so that he was going to "walk away" from NTFC if the Trust had of insisted on the supporters rep on the board, which was in the NBC deal. At this time relations between KT and the Trust were fine, he was happy that the Trust had brokered a great deal for him to buy the club, but he still said the a supporters rep was a deal breaker, so what's changed ?
   Is it the up and coming Government report from Tracey Crouch that will insist on this or has he had a change of heart, similar to Jeremy Corbyn voting Tory !!

See even at this you cannot help but predict KT is doing it for the wrong reasons and you wonder why people don't want the trust involved!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2021, 16:20:54 pm »

Just remember this is open to anyone who is nominated and seconded by a season ticket holder. The voting is open to all Cobblers supporters with the club monitoring to ensure people are voting only once.

Any suspicious season ticket sales today?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2021, 16:24:53 pm »

So he's not allowed to change his mind / opinion after several years but its ok for the Trust to change their mind about backing the deal after a few weeks?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2021, 16:29:32 pm »

So he's not allowed to change his mind / opinion after several years but its ok for the Trust to change their mind about backing the deal after a few weeks?
Woody,  Kelvin Thomas will only do things that benefit Kelvin Thomas, that clear.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2021, 16:32:57 pm »

Think about what you've just written, you are attempting to select who can stand despite NTFC saying "“As a club we will not be dictating in anyway who this person is or what type of fan they are, which is why we are not saying they have to be a season ticket holder, member or anything like that".
       I think your bias has you struggling to accept democracy, are you going to set up a group who decides who can stand or can't stand  Huh?

He's not saying anything of the sort. He's saying that, in his opinion, it shouldn't be anyone associated with the Trust. I don't think we really need to preface any comment with "in my opinion" do we? I wouldn't have thought anyone would take any pronouncements on here as official diktats, would they?

For the record, I suspect if a Trust member stood they'd be elected, simply because the majority of fans don't come on here and don't read social media, would see the phrase "Supporters trust board member" and would vote for them as an "official" candidate, neither knowing nor caring about anything the Trust currently stands for. Take my dad for example; I showed him a few recent Trust statements a while back. He hadn't previously seen them anywhere and was both disgusted and disappointed  by them, having always thought fondly of the Trust after being in attendance at the Exeter Rooms all those years ago.

I'm also half expecting the Trust board to refuse to play any part in the process, because they seem intent on being contrary about anything the club suggests.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 16:34:52 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2021, 16:34:59 pm »

See even at this you cannot help but predict KT is doing it for the wrong reasons and you wonder why people don't want the trust involved!!
I might be wrong and KT really has changed his mind, BUT, he was willing to walk way from the deal to buy the club if there was a supporters rep, that is a massive change isn't it ?
   By the way I'm a Trust life member, nothing more nothing less and when I post on here I post MY OPINIONS not the Trusts or anyone else.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2021, 16:40:01 pm »

Woody,  Kelvin Thomas will only do things that benefit Kelvin Thomas, that clear.
That's fair enough. Can you explain why its a bad thing if he's only done it to please the council and or the government?

Thinking some more I guess the glass is half full. Some positives and some negatives. I think the positives just about outweigh the negatives, what ever the reasons for doing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2021, 16:44:26 pm »

He's not saying anything of the sort. He's saying that, in his opinion, it shouldn't be anyone associated with the Trust.
His words were "It should not be anyone involved with the trust either officially or unofficially". It was you who added "In his opinion" Either way he saying that the election should only be open to certain people and not others, not very democratic is it ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2021, 17:01:47 pm »

His words were "It should not be anyone involved with the trust either officially or unofficially". It was you who added "In his opinion" Either way he saying that the election should only be open to certain people and not others, not very democratic is it ?

That's not what I've just heard  Huh?

Jake Sharp asked him directly if it was someone from the trust will that be OK, to which he replied it will be fine, or words to that effect. Have you listened to the above interview posted by Deepcut? 

(About 12 mins 45 if you wish to listen).
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2021, 17:06:48 pm »

He's not bloody saying that at all!  Maybe the forum should go back to how Facebook used to be in the early years where it said your name followed by the hardcoded word "is" and then you filled in the rest of the sentence, only instead of "is" we have the hardcoded words "in my opinion" at the start of every post just to pacify the chronically literal and appease the pedantic. I'd have thought that would be implicit, but then I'd have thought it was implicit not to put animals in a microwave to dry out but that sort of thing has to go in the instructions now so I guess we need to cater to the lowest common denominator these days... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2021, 17:07:23 pm »

The Trust board claim they have the majority of support regarding their actions. Therefore if they put up a candidate and that candidate is successful people will have their doubts regarding this answered. This is potentially an opportunity for the board of the Trust to confirm their claims and give strength to their position.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2021, 17:48:53 pm »

But is that the case ?, we have a few on here who would disagree with the Trust if it said next month was October and pretty much the same amount who agree with most of the Trust's post. Don't forget, a lot of people have been driven off here due to the constant abuse they got, I know loads of Trust associates, who used to post regularly on here who don't post anymore due to the abuse.

You are without doubt the most biased person who posts on here. There is plenty of support for the Trust on here, with the exception of one topic, namely fan ownership. Other than that you could draw a line straight down the middle. You left the Trust months ago. When will you actually have a day off from it?

In terms of the board.

Whoever takes on this role absolutely should not be on the Trust board. What possible sense would it make to appoint someone to the board, who is diametrically opposed to the direction in which the club wants to travel. It should of course be someone who holds the supports thoughts close to heart. Someone who is capable of challenging and progressing in a constructive way.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2021, 18:00:05 pm »

Can someone please tell me what the majority of supporters want from NTFC?  Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: