The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:54:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 26597 times)
guest3359

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2021, 07:54:59 am »

It must really hurt that the council have put two members into the Trust board, good luck with the land deal as it stands.
I have my own opinions about why they have done it but that's not for now.
I still haven't seen an answer to a question I have asked a few times now. Is the Trusts position with the council that they want them to reject the proposals in their current format?
Report Spam   Logged
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2021, 08:22:44 am »

Looking forward to the appointment being made - least that is one development that might come to fruition during the current owners stewardship!
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2021, 09:55:33 am »

It’s funny that people believe the trust saved the club, at the end of the Cardoza era.  They didn’t, Kelvin Thomas and co. Did! Yes the acted as collective to raise money for the club, some was used to pay wages, the remainder wouldn’t have touch the sides of the giant hole we were in, and subsequently after the club had been rescued they kept the balance for themselves, sorry ‘to look after’!   

The Trust, in my opinion is outdated and does not represent the fans of our club. Members alone (if 700 is correct) wouldn’t even fill 10% of our ground.  A ground that according to the Trusts latest endeavour is far too small!   Out of interesting, if anyone from the trust is reading this, how do you finance the reports etc. That you produce, corporate match sponsorships days you attend etc.?

The club is doing a great thing by offering a fan, any fan, a place on the board.  Making this a democratic vote by the fans and not an appointment by the club, literally anyone could have put themselves forward and be voted in by the Fans and the club decided to have no control over who this will be.  It is strange that one of the 11 trust board members, along with their 700 strong support didn’t put themselves forward as this was a perfect opportunity for them to get what they’ve been asking for…transparently.  If I was a trust member and supporter I’d be very disappointed.  Maybe this role is beneath them, and it’s full control they want, as from a public view it does seems the Trust just like to make a lot of negative noise, have their own agenda of somehow taking over the club, and have no interesting in working with the current owners.

Good Luck to Tom and Dan, and thank you both for offering yourselves to represent the fans.

LOL Hi Kelvin. Assume you wrote this before you went off to bed in Florida (11.30pm Florida time)

Unbelievable, why not drive 80 miles East and visit some businesses that can you give you World class lesson in business, customer service, product delivery and innovation for a start.

And by the way, The Trust would be very interested in working with you. Why not share some actual information and details on how you want NTFC to be develop in the next 5 years.

The Trust and you need to share some common ground, I'm afraid at the moment there is none. The Trust want a vibrant, sustainable NTFC, you want to minimise any capital investment and profit from a land grab.

If you were to act more like the owners of Plymouth, Brentford or Accrington for example, I would be there like a shot, helping you in any way you wanted. You know my number, give me a call
Report Spam   Logged
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2021, 11:39:41 am »

It’s funny that people believe the trust saved the club, at the end of the Cardoza era.  They didn’t, Kelvin Thomas and co. Did! Yes the acted as collective to raise money for the club, some was used to pay wages, the remainder wouldn’t have touch the sides of the giant hole we were in, and subsequently after the club had been rescued they kept the balance for themselves, sorry ‘to look after’!   

The Trust, in my opinion is outdated and does not represent the fans of our club. Members alone (if 700 is correct) wouldn’t even fill 10% of our ground.  A ground that according to the Trusts latest endeavour is far too small!   Out of interesting, if anyone from the trust is reading this, how do you finance the reports etc. That you produce, corporate match sponsorships days you attend etc.?

The club is doing a great thing by offering a fan, any fan, a place on the board.  Making this a democratic vote by the fans and not an appointment by the club, literally anyone could have put themselves forward and be voted in by the Fans and the club decided to have no control over who this will be.  It is strange that one of the 11 trust board members, along with their 700 strong support didn’t put themselves forward as this was a perfect opportunity for them to get what they’ve been asking for…transparently.  If I was a trust member and supporter I’d be very disappointed.  Maybe this role is beneath them, and it’s full control they want, as from a public view it does seems the Trust just like to make a lot of negative noise, have their own agenda of somehow taking over the club, and have no interesting in working with the current owners.

Good Luck to Tom and Dan, and thank you both for offering yourselves to represent the fans.

Other parties stepped back based on the still unfulfilled promise of £4m ring-fenced to complete the East Stand.  This is also why the Trust agreed to not having representation on the board.  So decisions were made based on untruthful statements by those who took over.

Why would there need to be a fan on the board of the club in order to achieve transparency?  The club has a very effective internal media machine, and highly obedient local media too.  Instead of a constant stream of puff-pieces and repeating the owners' flannel, these could be used to share honestly the challenges we face, the situation we're in, where we want to get to and by when.  Or even to answer the Trust's questions - even a few of them.
 There is a huge amount of willingness on the part of everyone to get behind something.  This is shown by the number of people jumping to the defence of owners who have delivered nothing.  I was one of those people until I saw the facts.  KT can be very engaging - imagine if he communicated a vision and a plan for us all to pitch in with.  What is stopping you if you are a football person determined to leave the club in a better state than when you arrived?  Tell us what that looks like, don't be afraid to share ideas.  I would contribute to an infrastructure foundation every month to help achieve that vision, if there were guarantees that the club would benefit long term.

It's interesting that you think the Trust has to pay for the things it produces - we are all volunteers and we don't pay anyone.  I understand that in light of the quality of any forward-thinking coming from the club you'd think it was really difficult, but it isn't that hard if you want the best for NTFC and are willing to think about anything other than that bloody 22 acres which has paralysed the club for over a third of the time we have been at Sixfields.  It also made me smile.  One minute the Trust's documents are amateurish and ridiculous (everything in them has been done successfully at other clubs), the next minute they're so good we must be paying for someone to produce them.  Well which is it?? 

Whilst others might be willing to share blind hope based on absolutely nothing (and I do sort of understand that, we all want to believe), I'm going to keep trying to tell you that the Emperor is in fact stark bollock naked.

Yes, good luck to the two candidates, they seem like great people.  Let's hope that the board holds meetings for them to attend and gives them the "transparency" we've all been crying out for without them having to submit FOI requests like the Trust had to.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2021, 15:38:33 pm »

LOL Hi Kelvin. Assume you wrote this before you went off to bed in Florida (11.30pm Florida time)

Unbelievable, why not drive 80 miles East and visit some businesses that can you give you World class lesson in business, customer service, product delivery and innovation for a start.

And by the way, The Trust would be very interested in working with you. Why not share some actual information and details on how you want NTFC to be develop in the next 5 years.

The Trust and you need to share some common ground, I'm afraid at the moment there is none. The Trust want a vibrant, sustainable NTFC, you want to minimise any capital investment and profit from a land grab.

If you were to act more like the owners of Plymouth, Brentford or Accrington for example, I would be there like a shot, helping you in any way you wanted. You know my number, give me a call

Are you an adult or school boy ?3
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2021, 15:41:42 pm »

I think it’s fairly obvious that the board will treat the fans rep well showing transparency that the trust were not entitled too thus needing FOI in order to find information.

By treating the fans rep with the respect it will also highlight the fact that the trust weren’t (in their opinion) treated well which in turn will lead to the trust being further marginalised and the club proving a point so to speak
I doubt this was the clubs intention as trust members could have stood for election (I bet KT couldn’t believe it when they decided not too)

Even so it’s worked in the clubs favour and the trust have been outmanoeuvred again.

You can bet the club will be pushing that the fan rep is the new/only way for fans to be kept informed (and why wouldn’t they)
It wouldn’t surprise me if the club state they’ll only engage with the fans rep from now on as that is the official channel.

What exactly the trust are hoping to achieve whilst being bypassed is beyond me as a fan and the club must be happy that they can now ‘officially’ sideline them.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2021, 16:04:48 pm »

I think it’s fairly obvious that the board will treat the fans rep well showing transparency that the trust were not entitled too thus needing FOI in order to find information.

By treating the fans rep with the respect it will also highlight the fact that the trust weren’t (in their opinion) treated well which in turn will lead to the trust being further marginalised and the club proving a point so to speak
I doubt this was the clubs intention as trust members could have stood for election (I bet KT couldn’t believe it when they decided not too)

Even so it’s worked in the clubs favour and the trust have been outmanoeuvred again.

You can bet the club will be pushing that the fan rep is the new/only way for fans to be kept informed (and why wouldn’t they)
It wouldn’t surprise me if the club state they’ll only engage with the fans rep from now on as that is the official channel.

What exactly the trust are hoping to achieve whilst being bypassed is beyond me as a fan and the club must be happy that they can now ‘officially’ sideline them.

You think its obvious?? Really? What do you base that on? What has worked in the clubs favour? How have the Trust been outmanoeuvred? Why would "The club" be happy now that they can officially side line them?

Meanwhile, in other news the Trust held a meeting with councillors, including the Leader of the Council, and the Council approached the Trust to ask if they could put two councillors in as liaison officers. One of the chosen two is Phil Bignell, a Cobblers fan for many years and a season ticket holder for over 20 of them. He is also the Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee at West Northants Council.

You carry on thinking the Trust has been "outmanoeuvred" if you like.... I would suggest the real picture is somewhat different.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 16:07:00 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2021, 16:09:55 pm »

Just watched Paul Whitehouse & Bob Mortimore, the special guest was Shoemaker  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2021, 16:19:04 pm »

The chances of anyone dismissing the Trust as professional outfit, are so much better with you on social media. 😀😀. I'm surprised the Trusts puppet master hasn’t pulled you up yet 😀.
Report Spam   Logged
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2021, 17:36:27 pm »

I have my own opinions about why they have done it but that's not for now.
I still haven't seen an answer to a question I have asked a few times now. Is the Trusts position with the council that they want them to reject the proposals in their current format?

The proposed deal in the last format we saw was impossible to support because it didn't include any proposals for clear, binding commitment in terms of benefits to the football club.  As it stands, the deal refers to splitting profits.  What will those profits be after the pretty steep £3m to finish the East Stand in line with the last shoddy iteration of Cardoza's ever-worsening plans including restricted views, the required remediation of the contaminated land before it can be sold, and no doubt many other expenses...

The most recent idea floated was that the owners would like to parcel the land up and sell it for development.  This for me is not an approach that would be favoured by people who plan to be around for very long to ensure the club is ok after the deal is done.  It also gives a one-off lump of revenue rather than providing any continued income (developing on the land and letting it out would do this).  We've already seen that it is pretty easy for one-off lumps of money to go missing around football clubs, and other places to be fair.

So without even a commitment of a percentage of profits, let alone some ballpark figures, guaranteed to go the the club, how is this a supportable proposal for any Cobblers fan?  It's quite easy to run a project with high costs (including consultancy fees and salaries) which doesn't show any profit (50/50 to go to WNC and NTFC in the proposed deal) but still makes a lot of money for the people involved along the way.  This has to be as close as possible to watertight, it is a one-off opportunity to avoid the club being devoid of any assets and hemmed in by sheds on sold-off land, with no opportunity for further income and a pretty crap completed East Stand.

It could be that the addition of detail to the current plan would provide the required reassurance and the Trust might then be able to support it, as long as such detail was legally bound into any agreement.  We look at the results of verbal commitments made six years ago every time we look to our left from the North Stand...

I don't think WNC would approve the deal in its current format regardless of any lobbying from the club, the Trust or anyone else.  It doesn't provide any assurance whatsoever of a positive outcome for any party.

What else could be done with that land?  I'd love to see some ideas from the owners about football-related developments, or things that would create an ongoing income and enhance the matchday experience.  If that land isn't suitable due to contamination, then share some thoughts as to what you'd do with the stated amount of profits that would be guaranteed to be used for the benefit of the club.  I know KT said his approach was to under-promise and over-deliver, but so far we've only seen the first part of that.  Why so averse to sharing a vision for the club?  We know plans can go wrong and make people look silly, but if you don't have a plan at all the risk is stagnation.

Everything seems to be about flogging that land asap, to the detriment of any other creative thinking which we could all get behind and potentially contribute to.  The only ideas I've seen have come from supporters, but our owners are experienced "football people" and want to create a "local feel".  Surely there's something better we could do than flog off the club's only asset as quickly as possible.

I'd like to know your view on this too.  What do you think?

Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2021, 17:41:48 pm »

While a few try to de-rail this, voting has opened and any votes my way are gratefully received 🥰👍🏽
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3063

« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2021, 17:53:55 pm »

While a few try to de-rail this, voting has opened and any votes my way are gratefully received 🥰👍🏽

You've got my vote Dan - Good luck.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2021, 18:07:50 pm »

Just watched Paul Whitehouse & Bob Mortimore, the special guest was Shoemaker  Wink
Is he friends with Bob Mortimer?
Has he bothered joining the trust?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2021, 18:11:44 pm »

Good luck Dan…
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2021, 18:36:21 pm »

The chances of anyone dismissing the Trust as professional outfit, are so much better with you on social media. 😀😀. I'm surprised the Trusts puppet master hasn’t pulled you up yet 😀.
Grin Grin Grin

This is reminiscent of Custer’s last stand !!!

Serious question
Does anyone actually think the trust will be relevant in a couple of weeks time??

The club will be co ordinating with the fans rep.

If I was a trust board member I’d spend the time remaining trying to negotiate the return of 10k that included members hard earned money that you claim is owed……..I assume everything was in writing and you didn’t just up with a sack of used banknotes and a verbal agreement  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2021, 18:58:10 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

This is reminiscent of Custer’s last stand !!!

Serious question
Does anyone actually think the trust will be relevant in a couple of weeks time??

The club will be co ordinating with the fans rep.

If I was a trust board member I’d spend the time remaining trying to negotiate the return of 10k that included members hard earned money that you claim is owed……..I assume everything was in writing and you didn’t just up with a sack of used banknotes and a verbal agreement  Grin

We come from different angles Shoey. My only issues with the Trust board is their complete and utter lack of a mandate from the supporters. I also don’t see any need for them to be involved in the club, especially in a crises. The club has all the skills it needs in place, even without KT or DB. In no way do I mean this as an offensive thing to the Trust board. They just wouldn’t be needed. A decent administrator would more than likely appoint an appropriate individual or body to see the club through whichever direction it went.

Of course. My opinion on all of that, would change if they followed a clear democratic process, as I perceive it. Or if I saw some genuine interest in them from anything past their own board.

Having said that. I’m pretty sure they just do what they are told these days. 😁😁
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2021, 19:40:42 pm »

The proposed deal in the last format we saw was impossible to support because it didn't include any proposals for clear, binding commitment in terms of benefits to the football club.  As it stands, the deal refers to splitting profits.  What will those profits be after the pretty steep £3m to finish the East Stand in line with the last shoddy iteration of Cardoza's ever-worsening plans including restricted views, the required remediation of the contaminated land before it can be sold, and no doubt many other expenses...

The most recent idea floated was that the owners would like to parcel the land up and sell it for development.  This for me is not an approach that would be favoured by people who plan to be around for very long to ensure the club is ok after the deal is done.  It also gives a one-off lump of revenue rather than providing any continued income (developing on the land and letting it out would do this).  We've already seen that it is pretty easy for one-off lumps of money to go missing around football clubs, and other places to be fair.

So without even a commitment of a percentage of profits, let alone some ballpark figures, guaranteed to go the the club, how is this a supportable proposal for any Cobblers fan?  It's quite easy to run a project with high costs (including consultancy fees and salaries) which doesn't show any profit (50/50 to go to WNC and NTFC in the proposed deal) but still makes a lot of money for the people involved along the way.  This has to be as close as possible to watertight, it is a one-off opportunity to avoid the club being devoid of any assets and hemmed in by sheds on sold-off land, with no opportunity for further income and a pretty crap completed East Stand.

It could be that the addition of detail to the current plan would provide the required reassurance and the Trust might then be able to support it, as long as such detail was legally bound into any agreement.  We look at the results of verbal commitments made six years ago every time we look to our left from the North Stand...

I don't think WNC would approve the deal in its current format regardless of any lobbying from the club, the Trust or anyone else.  It doesn't provide any assurance whatsoever of a positive outcome for any party.

What else could be done with that land?  I'd love to see some ideas from the owners about football-related developments, or things that would create an ongoing income and enhance the matchday experience.  If that land isn't suitable due to contamination, then share some thoughts as to what you'd do with the stated amount of profits that would be guaranteed to be used for the benefit of the club.  I know KT said his approach was to under-promise and over-deliver, but so far we've only seen the first part of that.  Why so averse to sharing a vision for the club?  We know plans can go wrong and make people look silly, but if you don't have a plan at all the risk is stagnation.

Everything seems to be about flogging that land asap, to the detriment of any other creative thinking which we could all get behind and potentially contribute to.  The only ideas I've seen have come from supporters, but our owners are experienced "football people" and want to create a "local feel".  Surely there's something better we could do than flog off the club's only asset as quickly as possible.

I can't read this. It is too blue.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2021, 19:48:59 pm »

While you raise some interesting points I just can’t grasp why the trust seem to think that the football club need their blessing?

Surely the club will reiterate that the trust didn’t want a place on the board and so their viewpoint is irrelevant.

It does seem that only the trust board fail to see this.

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2021, 20:37:56 pm »

Come on guys sort it out, who's fishing in who's spot, and away Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2021, 20:47:24 pm »

This is what I posted on the re-dev thread yesterday and only just over 24 hours later there is two of the proving how right I was. Smiley  Roll Eyes

"Believe it or not, there are some people on here who only post to get a reaction and what's even more astounding is that these people are NOT teenagers, they are middle aged men who haven't yet grown up, sad isn't it ?"

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: