The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:54:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 26592 times)
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2021, 21:50:23 pm »

We've got a podcast episode coming out tomorrow morning with both candidates, who explain their backgrounds and reasons for standing for the elected supporters representative position.

Check out cobblerstome.com or search for It's All Cobblers To Me in your podcast app of choice.
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2021, 06:17:18 am »

One thing that worries me is that Pearce claims he gets the north stand singing, where so far this season they’ve been silent all game. He’s clearly a duplicitous liar and is not fit for office.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2021, 06:39:13 am »

I’d have expected a comment like that from Coolcat, but not from you 💔
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2021, 06:52:37 am »

MEET THE SUPPORTERS REP CANDIDATES

Dan Pearce and Tom Cliffe are the two candidates standing to be elected as your supporters representative on the Northampton Town Football Club board.

In this special edition of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast, our Danny speaks to both about their love for the Cobblers and why they’re standing for election.

🎧 Listen at 👉 cobblerstome.com or your podcast app.

You can support the podcast by joining the It's All Cobblers To Me Fan Club from just £2 a month. In return you'll receive extra content and an invite to our community Slack channel 👉 patreon.com/cobblerstome

Links to listen on the most popular podcast platforms:
Apple Podcasts (and please leave us a review)

Google Podcasts
Amazon Music
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2021, 07:51:20 am »

I have to say, I think Tom both speaks very well and comes across very well (sorry Dan!).
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2021, 08:08:49 am »

While a few try to de-rail this, voting has opened and any votes my way are gratefully received 🥰👍🏽

You can count on the Horham Mafia.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2021, 09:09:50 am »

MEET THE SUPPORTERS REP CANDIDATES

Dan Pearce and Tom Cliffe are the two candidates standing to be elected as your supporters representative on the Northampton Town Football Club board.

In this special edition of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast, our Danny speaks to both about their love for the Cobblers and why they’re standing for election.

🎧 Listen at 👉 cobblerstome.com or your podcast app.

You can support the podcast by joining the It's All Cobblers To Me Fan Club from just £2 a month. In return you'll receive extra content and an invite to our community Slack channel 👉 patreon.com/cobblerstome

Links to listen on the most popular podcast platforms:
Apple Podcasts (and please leave us a review)

Google Podcasts
Amazon Music

Two different candidates. Tom’s Twitter followers and connections could make the difference. I’m sure either have the required passion for the club to try their very best to make it a role of value.
Good luck chaps.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2021, 12:33:02 pm »

Come on guys sort it out, who's fishing in who's spot, and away Roll Eyes

Ooooh. Was it the smiley's that conjured your detective like skills 🙄🙄

Or.. Did you come to your conclusion regardless of the FCUKING HUGE clues. 😀😀😜😜

They are there for a reason, to convey a though or sometimes just plain old mischief. You could make it up. You imagining that you have unearthed some secret agenda, whilst missing the obvious but sometimes accurate inference.

Are you still doing as you are told? 😜🤪😜🤪

Big enough for you Rog…
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2021, 13:02:22 pm »

This is what I posted on the re-dev thread yesterday and only just over 24 hours later there is two of the proving how right I was. Smiley  Roll Eyes

"Believe it or not, there are some people on here who only post to get a reaction and what's even more astounding is that these people are NOT teenagers, they are middle aged men who haven't yet grown up, sad isn't it ?"

And he's still trying  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #409 on: October 09, 2021, 21:45:55 pm »

Jesus almighty give it a rest.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #410 on: October 09, 2021, 22:06:42 pm »

Listened to the podcast last night and thought both guys came across really well.  Clearly both passionate supporters and good reasons for people to vote for either.

Helped make my mind up and vote has been placed.

Good luck to both and well done for stepping up.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #411 on: October 10, 2021, 13:49:31 pm »

I’d have expected a comment like that from Coolcat, but not from you 💔
I'm gonna have to agree with the first part to be fair, the North Stand is woefully silent most games from the South part of the stadium.

However, would never call you a liar...and attempt to spell your surname correctly, which is a weakness of mine...just try Cincinnati without spell check. I'll be Bengaled if I know!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #412 on: October 11, 2021, 07:50:41 am »

The proposed deal in the last format we saw was impossible to support because it didn't include any proposals for clear, binding commitment in terms of benefits to the football club.  As it stands, the deal refers to splitting profits.  What will those profits be after the pretty steep £3m to finish the East Stand in line with the last shoddy iteration of Cardoza's ever-worsening plans including restricted views, the required remediation of the contaminated land before it can be sold, and no doubt many other expenses...

The most recent idea floated was that the owners would like to parcel the land up and sell it for development.  This for me is not an approach that would be favoured by people who plan to be around for very long to ensure the club is ok after the deal is done.  It also gives a one-off lump of revenue rather than providing any continued income (developing on the land and letting it out would do this).  We've already seen that it is pretty easy for one-off lumps of money to go missing around football clubs, and other places to be fair.

So without even a commitment of a percentage of profits, let alone some ballpark figures, guaranteed to go the the club, how is this a supportable proposal for any Cobblers fan?  It's quite easy to run a project with high costs (including consultancy fees and salaries) which doesn't show any profit (50/50 to go to WNC and NTFC in the proposed deal) but still makes a lot of money for the people involved along the way.  This has to be as close as possible to watertight, it is a one-off opportunity to avoid the club being devoid of any assets and hemmed in by sheds on sold-off land, with no opportunity for further income and a pretty crap completed East Stand.

It could be that the addition of detail to the current plan would provide the required reassurance and the Trust might then be able to support it, as long as such detail was legally bound into any agreement.  We look at the results of verbal commitments made six years ago every time we look to our left from the North Stand...

I don't think WNC would approve the deal in its current format regardless of any lobbying from the club, the Trust or anyone else.  It doesn't provide any assurance whatsoever of a positive outcome for any party.

What else could be done with that land?  I'd love to see some ideas from the owners about football-related developments, or things that would create an ongoing income and enhance the matchday experience.  If that land isn't suitable due to contamination, then share some thoughts as to what you'd do with the stated amount of profits that would be guaranteed to be used for the benefit of the club.  I know KT said his approach was to under-promise and over-deliver, but so far we've only seen the first part of that.  Why so averse to sharing a vision for the club?  We know plans can go wrong and make people look silly, but if you don't have a plan at all the risk is stagnation.

Everything seems to be about flogging that land asap, to the detriment of any other creative thinking which we could all get behind and potentially contribute to.  The only ideas I've seen have come from supporters, but our owners are experienced "football people" and want to create a "local feel".  Surely there's something better we could do than flog off the club's only asset as quickly as possible.

I'd like to know your view on this too.  What do you think?

Appreciate the response Keith, and also the way you reply to all on here.
I agree with you that in theory the best use of that land is for long term let or for enhancing the match day experience etc. I say in theory as sometimes the sale price is better than a loan value, and you can also agree profit shares on future land deals etc, but that's all in the detail.
I'd got the impression that the proposal was finished and it was in for approval but sounds like a lot more dialogue is needed between the club and the council, with some input from the Trust.
As I, and many have been calling for, is more positive, proactive engagements which the tone of your email reads like. I think the state of the relationship between the Trust and the Owners is clear but that doesn't need to mean that all dialogue ends or is point scoring in public.
However, the tone of the recent statements, and in particular that presentation the Trust made to the council don't have the same articulated feel that your description did above and instead read of the Trust just critisising the owners at every opportunity.
Hopefully with the inclusion of the council members on the board, the replies from you and one other Trust member on here (really struggling to remember user name after the weekend) the relationships can be rebuilt and we can all move on or a least make positive progress
Report Spam   Logged
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 11, 2021, 16:14:13 pm »

While you raise some interesting points I just can’t grasp why the trust seem to think that the football club need their blessing?

Surely the club will reiterate that the trust didn’t want a place on the board and so their viewpoint is irrelevant.

It does seem that only the trust board fail to see this.

If that's what we seem to think, it's certainly not what we do think.  We have no power in that sense.

But we are a group of supporters with concerns about the current and potentially future situation at the club.  And we have other ideas as to how we could move forward without a completed East Stand, which is more than the owners have shown beyond a bar under the North Stand where it's hard to get served and a marquee that never materialised.

The current NTFC board have shown they don't like being challenged.  Instead of transparency and answers we get leaked private correspondence, constant disparagement and a trawl (which must have been very time-consuming for someone at the club) of Trust members' social media comments to try to create a narrative that we are anti-club.  Our FOI request also show attempts to create a similar narrative about the Trust with the council in pursuit of the land deal.  Through their request for liaison councillors to join Trust board meetings, the council have shown they are not as naive as perhaps some at the club thought.

The supporter representative is supposed to be independent.  We represent the Trust so we are not independent and that is why we didn't think it appropriate to stand.  We will be very happy to work with whichever of the two very credible-looking candidates ends up in the boardroom (or not, I couldn't understand what KT was saying about that during his Cobblers Show interview).

We have had plenty of time with KT in various meetings, and via exchanges of emails etc. to have reached the opinion that our views are currently at stalemate.  The Trust cannot back a proposed deal which lacks any significant detail.

Does the club need our blessing?  Of course not.  But a lot of effort has been made to diminish us.

But someone clearly thinks that the owners need to be seen to be involving supporters, or they wouldn't have moved from "over our dead bodies" to "we've been thinking about this for a while" so suddenly. 

The Trust will be no more and no less relevant following the election of the fan representative to the board.  We will continue to try to highlight concerns and to work on alternatives to the at best bog standard future which looms for NTFC, with our independence uncompromised.  We're fans, but we're not a fan club. 

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #414 on: October 11, 2021, 20:12:51 pm »

I still think the club will now see you as an irrelevant bunch of trouble makers rather than a supporters trust for the reasons I’ve already mentioned.
That’s just my opinion but it’ll be interesting to see how much time the club are willing to interact with a supporters trust who didn’t want a place on the board.
They may even make it clear to the fans rep that they are not to interact with the trust once they start their new position.

My opinions don’t matter it’s the clubs that do and it’s up to them how they perceive the trust nowadays.
The trust have no control over that.

The club have all the power in the future relationship if there is to be one.
Report Spam   Logged
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 11, 2021, 22:42:25 pm »

I still think the club will now see you as an irrelevant bunch of trouble makers rather than a supporters trust for the reasons I’ve already mentioned.
That’s just my opinion but it’ll be interesting to see how much time the club are willing to interact with a supporters trust who didn’t want a place on the board.
They may even make it clear to the fans rep that they are not to interact with the trust once they start their new position.

My opinions don’t matter it’s the clubs that do and it’s up to them how they perceive the trust nowadays.
The trust have no control over that.

The club have all the power in the future relationship if there is to be one.

I think you've described exactly how "the club" (not the club, but the owners) would like the Trust to be perceived.  Why might that be?

If the owners give the "fans rep" any instructions, the role will not be what was publicised because Kelvin Thomas said he wanted them to be independent and challenge the board.  You clearly think the owners could try to exert control in that way, so why on Earth do you think the Trust should have put forward a candidate?  We won't have our independence compromised and we won't be told by anyone who we should and shouldn't interact with. 

The Trust could easily improve how it is perceived by the owners, by becoming a fan club.  KT has pretty much asked for this previously.  He apparently didn't understand that's not what we're here for.  But he may have a short memory because he has history with supporters' groups elsewhere.  Google it.

Owners always have "all the power" in the current model of football in this country, unless they voluntarily relinquish some or all of it.  I disagree with you that adding a supporters' elected representative director to a board comprising KT, DB, MW and JW will make the Trust irrelevant.  Try driving your car with 20% of its wheels.

We won't go away.  If the owners clearly show that they are acting in the best interests of NTFC and its supporters, we will work with them.  If they don't, we can't.  They might not want the Trust, but if they're investing huge amounts of time and energy to try to sideline us, we can't be that irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2021, 07:28:32 am »

I think you've described exactly how "the club" (not the club, but the owners) would like the Trust to be perceived.  Why might that be?

If the owners give the "fans rep" any instructions, the role will not be what was publicised because Kelvin Thomas said he wanted them to be independent and challenge the board.  You clearly think the owners could try to exert control in that way, so why on Earth do you think the Trust should have put forward a candidate?  We won't have our independence compromised and we won't be told by anyone who we should and shouldn't interact with. 

The Trust could easily improve how it is perceived by the owners, by becoming a fan club.  KT has pretty much asked for this previously.  He apparently didn't understand that's not what we're here for.  But he may have a short memory because he has history with supporters' groups elsewhere.  Google it.

Owners always have "all the power" in the current model of football in this country, unless they voluntarily relinquish some or all of it.  I disagree with you that adding a supporters' elected representative director to a board comprising KT, DB, MW and JW will make the Trust irrelevant.  Try driving your car with 20% of its wheels.

We won't go away.  If the owners clearly show that they are acting in the best interests of NTFC and its supporters, we will work with them.  If they don't, we can't.  They might not want the Trust, but if they're investing huge amounts of time and energy to try to sideline us, we can't be that irrelevant.

Keith
Maybe I am reading too much into one small sentence, but the highlighted bit at the end if the one that troubles me and I think is symbolic of how I see the relationship and aligned to what I have said many times.

Working with owners who are acting in the best interests of NTFC as you put it is the easy and fun bit. Working with owners who dont is where the Trust is needed to be on its A game. Thats when you really have to start working with the club, really engaging with them, to educate, persuade, cajole, whatever it is to change their path. You might not reach Utopia but bring them closer to your vision, and theoretically closer to what the fans want. The perception as the moment is that you don't like what they are doing so you are not engaging, except through statements and snipes (from both sides).
One way or another all 3 parties need to get together, air their differences and find ways to move past them. Somethings you wont be able to but at least you will know what they are and put your effort into things that can be influenced.
Report Spam   Logged
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2021, 08:13:49 am »

Keith
Maybe I am reading too much into one small sentence, but the highlighted bit at the end if the one that troubles me and I think is symbolic of how I see the relationship and aligned to what I have said many times.

Working with owners who are acting in the best interests of NTFC as you put it is the easy and fun bit. Working with owners who dont is where the Trust is needed to be on its A game. Thats when you really have to start working with the club, really engaging with them, to educate, persuade, cajole, whatever it is to change their path. You might not reach Utopia but bring them closer to your vision, and theoretically closer to what the fans want. The perception as the moment is that you don't like what they are doing so you are not engaging, except through statements and snipes (from both sides).
One way or another all 3 parties need to get together, air their differences and find ways to move past them. Somethings you wont be able to but at least you will know what they are and put your effort into things that can be influenced.

Some good points.

I think after 6 years of trying, when our questions result in a major campaign by the owners to undermine and discredit the Trust, we have at least temporarily reached the end of that particular road.

I think your last point is a really important one.  I wonder if that is why the council decided to work with the Trust.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2021, 08:17:01 am »

Some good points.

I think after 6 years of trying, when our questions result in a major campaign by the owners to undermine and discredit the Trust, we have at least temporarily reached the end of that particular road.

I think your last point is a really important one.  I wonder if that is why the council decided to work with the Trust.

I am disappointed about how the club have also replied but would suggest revisiting the list of questions and asking yourself if they are all relevant and all worded in the best way. Maybe with the support of the councilors.
Hopefully them joining as liaison can help draw this stand off to an end.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2021, 12:04:44 pm »

I am disappointed about how the club have also replied but would suggest revisiting the list of questions and asking yourself if they are all relevant and all worded in the best way. Maybe with the support of the councilors.
Hopefully them joining as liaison can help draw this stand off to an end.
Good idea Woody put the ball back in the owners court.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: