The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:06:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Northampton Town Women

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northampton Town Women  (Read 10996 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 17:28:15 pm »

There was a piece on RN on Friday evening and an interview with players which suggested that the Women had enjoyed their Sixfields experience a great deal, and that they were continually asking the club if they could play there again, but as yet their requests have not been granted.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3359

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 13:17:08 pm »

Away to Lye Town in the next round.

Looks like they are at the same level in the Pyramid and beat Shrewsbury in the last round. Played in front of 543 at Shrewsbury's ground.
The big guns come in round 4 I believe.
Championship teams in R3
Super League in R4
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2021, 16:28:39 pm »

There was a piece on RN on Friday evening and an interview with players which suggested that the Women had enjoyed their Sixfields experience a great deal, and that they were continually asking the club if they could play there again, but as yet their requests have not been granted.

If they were, wouldn't it mess up the pitch a bit too much for the proper games?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 16:43:47 pm »

If they were, wouldn't it mess up the pitch a bit too much for the proper games?

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2021, 18:46:26 pm »

That’s more like it  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2021, 09:26:04 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/report-and-pictures-as-cobblers-women-make-more-history-with-dramatic-shoot-out-win-in-fa-cup-3457812

Excellent result, well done The NTFC Women... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 11:46:38 am »

Great result, one more round to get through to comeup against the big guns.
Mind you some think it's not proper football.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 12:24:28 pm »

It’s definitely Football but it’s played by women and girls and basically a (subtle) different game for some. The nearest comparison I can think of is Hockey; Womens/Girls hockey is slightly more civilised than mens and generally played at reduced tempo. Mixed Hockey is quite popular in Northants but is dominated by the more physical male players.
Perhaps we will see women being selected for the Cobblers first team in the future; how would that work out?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 13:47:49 pm »

The big guns from the WSL enter in Round 4
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
guest3359

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 14:39:49 pm »

Perhaps we will see women being selected for the Cobblers first team in the future; how would that work out?
Don't see there ever being mixed teams at the professional level but could happen at semi pro maybe.

As we know there are female officials, and I dont think it will be too long until we see a female coach a mens team. I know there is one already in the lower leagues.
It was interesting when the Chelsea women's manager was mentioned for the AFC Wimbledon job and she essentially said they couldn't afford her and why would she go from coaching world class players to the lower men's league.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2021, 16:21:32 pm »

Don't see there ever being mixed teams at the professional level but could happen at semi pro maybe.
Have any of the ladies been pulled up yet for having too much natural testosterone like they have in some track athletics events?
That'll put the cat among the pigeons (or something like that).
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2021, 16:34:24 pm »

As we know there are female officials, and I dont think it will be too long until we see a female coach a mens team. I know there is one already in the lower leagues.
It was interesting when the Chelsea women's manager was mentioned for the AFC Wimbledon job and she essentially said they couldn't afford her and why would she go from coaching world class players to the lower men's league.

Emma Hayes is class.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 17:10:16 pm »

I'm not sure why they feel the need?
It's not like as men we interfere in their game of netball.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2021, 18:35:14 pm »

You clearly don’t know your history. Educate yourself, I’m sure you will agree with the comment made in 1921. Luckily some have evolved from then
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2021, 18:39:46 pm »

You clearly don’t know your history. Educate yourself, I’m sure you will agree with the comment made in 1921. Luckily some have evolved from then
We had an Empire then young man and half the world’s population was under our crown.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2021, 18:43:59 pm »

That history is quite a big subject Woody.
Any chance of pointing me in a more precise direction than just referencing a comment made by someone in 1921 so that I can reply more comprehensively?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2021, 23:05:42 pm »

I would like to see them play all of their games at Sixfields.

Why?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2021, 05:39:11 am »

Why?

Why not?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2021, 06:28:46 am »

https://www.englandmmna.com/
Unfortunately you are very misinformed.
Yours and others comments posted either seriously or intended as humour reveal a lot about yourselves that is not acceptable nor welcome on this board.
I'm sure that you will be able to find another forum to display your overt misogyny, don't use this one.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:29 am »

Not meant to offend Harpole but surely the women deserve a better pitch than this

https://twitter.com/ntfcwomen/status/1459869709382393861?s=21

Why can’t we partner with Cogenhoe, Sileby etc with a proper stadium And decent pitch

I guess its a case of supply and demand.

Looking at the image I can see a total of 5 people watching.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: