The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:26:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Northampton Town Women

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northampton Town Women  (Read 10995 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2021, 20:04:00 pm »

Sounds about right BOTN.
I once briefly worked for a sportswear manufacturer and did the trade shows for them (not sure I know the difference between an expo and a trade show tbh so we might not be talking of the same type of event here) but the main highlight of the week back then was the after show 'show' normally involving ladies who would take their clothes off to music. Grin
I don't suppose they do that sort of thing now, do they?!

That sounds like my kind of Expo CJ.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2021, 20:07:37 pm »

What a shame that a thread that should be celebrating a highly successful, hard working and talented womens side should be spoilt by pages of pointless debate and argument most of which by old men who have barely if ever seen the side play.

The womens setup is full of some of the most hard working individuals I've ever met in amateur football.  The success on the pitch and the profile off the pitch has been massively elevated in recent years through pure hard work and commitment and is a real success story that is nowhere near finished yet.

The results while impressive are on occasions pretty one sided but that's because the side through no fault of their own are playing at a level below that in which they should be.

I know for a fact they would love to play every home match at Sixfields and that is their ambition however they also know they have to earn that right both on the pitch through performances and off the pitch through support/profile.  I hope they achieve everything they are aiming for and all of us as supporters of the club should be immensely proud of what they have and will achieve in the future.
Serious question then Hammer.
Do you think there is any misogyny attaching in having women participate in a sport on the condition it's separately and apart from men? That's one step up from preventing women from participating in a sport at all as was the persuasion in the Victorian times but don't you think single sex sport is a little repressive and illiberal towards ladies in these modern times?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2021, 20:19:13 pm »

What you fail to grasp is the obvious. It is an opinion, not a statement of fact. Therefore does not require re-inforcement with stats or some of Melly's business accumen.
If I could be bothered to do some more acurate figures it would be because I would be passing them on to someone who could make a decision.

This Forum is full of opinions and/or statements or even so called facts. So as you included or mentioned reduced admission and refreshment charges; I thought it was fair to consider how you would achieve your aims and objectives in pursuing these admirable proposals. Presumably money would have to come from somewhere?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2021, 21:49:43 pm »

I like women’s football for several reasons. They tend not to feign injury. They are fast (especially at the top level), very skilful and competitive. For the youngsters the players are a lot more accessible. My daughter knows many of the England players, has several photos with most of them, been mascot at internationals, gets birthday messages etc. It’s also a lot cheaper to attend at any level. There are a couple of obvious differences….the keepers are no where near as proficient, often due to height and players generally can’t strike the ball as hard.

Suggestions of mixing are daft though, the same as Emma Raducanu facing Andy Murray at Wimbledon. The integration of transgender athletes is controversial enough.

I doubt women’s football will ever get close to the mens game in money or popularity but it definitely has its place, helped massively by the England Ladies in the last decade.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2021, 07:04:23 am »

I’m not sure about the restrictions within any league. But this is my opinion.

If you want to compete, or show that you can compete on a level footing, then enter the current league/non league structure and work you’re way up. It is just as discriminatory and patronising, to offer something to a women’s team, that you would not afford anyone at their level. Plus by putting yourself in the current male league structure, you offer yourself up for integrated teams.

It is absolutely imperative that all people, regardless of any characteristic is offered the same chance. I would do away with woman’s gold, women’s tennis, in fact any sport where women say they want to compete on a level playing field. But I will say one thing. Don’t be so sure that would be met with the acceptance that some think it would be.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2021, 10:55:25 am »

I like women’s football for several reasons. They tend not to feign injury. They are fast (especially at the top level), very skilful and competitive. For the youngsters the players are a lot more accessible. My daughter knows many of the England players, has several photos with most of them, been mascot at internationals, gets birthday messages etc. It’s also a lot cheaper to attend at any level. There are a couple of obvious differences….the keepers are no where near as proficient, often due to height and players generally can’t strike the ball as hard.

Suggestions of mixing are daft though, the same as Emma Raducanu facing Andy Murray at Wimbledon. The integration of transgender athletes is controversial enough.

I doubt women’s football will ever get close to the mens game in money or popularity but it definitely has its place, helped massively by the England Ladies in the last decade.

You are obviously not old enough to remember Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2021, 11:01:35 am »

This Forum is full of opinions and/or statements or even so called facts. So as you included or mentioned reduced admission and refreshment charges; I thought it was fair to consider how you would achieve your aims and objectives in pursuing these admirable proposals. Presumably money would have to come from somewhere?

To be honest at the moment I don't have the time to look into it in depth.
Though I will keep it in mind as something to while away the dark evenings.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2021, 11:19:38 am »

You are obviously not old enough to remember Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs.

She won relatively easily against a hyped up guy who was not very good. What impressed me was BJK kind and warm remarks when he passed away. They actually became friends and recalled fond memories of their match. Decent woman able to forgive and move on.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2021, 17:32:22 pm »

She won relatively easily against a hyped up guy who was not very good. What impressed me was BJK kind and warm remarks when he passed away. They actually became friends and recalled fond memories of their match. Decent woman able to forgive and move on.

World number one 3 times, won Wimbledon, US Open and French Open. I'd say he was a bit more than a "hyped up guy who was not very good".
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2021, 17:57:52 pm »

World number one 3 times, won Wimbledon, US Open and French Open. I'd say he was a bit more than a "hyped up guy who was not very good".

True, but Riggs was 55 and BJK was 30, which has to be taken into account as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest49

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2021, 18:04:30 pm »

True, but Riggs was 55 and BJK was 30, which has to be taken into account as well.

He probably didn’t serve at 130 MPH
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2021, 18:16:09 pm »

Riggs v BJK 1973  Bobby Riggs was 55 and BJK was 29  not surprisingly BJK won convincingly in 6-3 in 3 sets. Riggs had a reputation as a showman, often promoting himself. He was also a prominent play between '39 - '47. Earlier he had walloped Margaret Court (35yr)

Nevertheless after her victory she warmly commended Riggs for his efforts and they both remained on good terms until Riggs death in 1995. Both had a sense of humour!

Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2021, 00:21:36 am »

Brilliant result for the Womens team as they continue to break new ground.

Into Round 3 of the Womens FA Cup.  Outstanding achievement.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/women_281121/
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2021, 07:00:15 am »

Brilliant result for the Womens team as they continue to break new ground.

Into Round 3 of the Womens FA Cup.  Outstanding achievement.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/women_281121/
Great news well done girls, we are all very proud of you.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2021, 20:17:30 pm »

Hopefully they'll start taking notice and have the next tie at Sixfields with the chance of some bigger opponents.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2021, 20:41:00 pm »

Hopefully they'll start taking notice and have the next tie at Sixfields with the chance of some bigger opponents.
It's Lincoln City away!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2021, 20:47:27 pm »

It's Lincoln City away!

Bugger
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2021, 07:35:01 am »

Going to be a really good indicator of how good the team are. They are absolutely storming the league and doing amazingly in the cup but Lincoln are doing similar in the league above.
Cobblers beat Bedworth who are bottom of the national league but Lincoln are 2nd with 2 games in hand and only 1 point behind top.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2021, 09:00:17 am »

Going to be a really good indicator of how good the team are. They are absolutely storming the league and doing amazingly in the cup but Lincoln are doing similar in the league above.
Cobblers beat Bedworth who are bottom of the national league but Lincoln are 2nd with 2 games in hand and only 1 point behind top.
Fair to say they did themselves and the club proud. Now time to focus on the league and get promoted to be playing Lincoln again next season.
Be amazing if both the men's and women's teams can get promoted in the same season
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2021, 13:24:47 pm »

Fair to say they did themselves and the club proud. Now time to focus on the league and get promoted to be playing Lincoln again next season.
Be amazing if both the men's and women's teams can get promoted in the same season

To get taken to extra time by a last minute equaliser and then lose must be gut wrenching.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: