The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:46:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hartlepool United (a)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartlepool United (a)  (Read 9940 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: October 05, 2021, 19:39:37 pm »

So, back to the real bread & butter!
Having driven up to Dumfries last weekend, it's another long haul to Hartlepool!
Not a great place is being diplomatic, so staying this time in Durham. Train via Newcastle and into Hartlepool for around 12.30pm. The station bar is good, seems the Cameron's pub near the ground has closed down!

Hartlepool currently getting bossed around by Morecambe...I'll go for 1-1.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 19:41:22 pm »

I predict another loss and mounting pressure of Mr 'bums on seats forward thinking 4-4-2'
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:35:14 am »

so it was an improved performance against Walsall but ….
we played with round pegs in round holes and 4 attacking midfield players .
The likelihood on Saturday is that we will revert to defensive midfielders in the middle and Hoskins returning.
Maybe the selection needs to be braver to make us less predictable .
Faith and trust in some players seems to have gone .
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 08:12:10 am »

Would Revan or Dyche be in for a start if Guthrie is still out on Saturday based on last night's performance?
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 10:03:17 am »

I predict another loss and mounting pressure of Mr 'bums on seats forward thinking 4-4-2'

what are your thoughts on the teams in the premier league, teams who have been there for years on end who play 4-4-2?

are they as outdated?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:04 am »

2 teams currently in poor form, we have only 1 win from our last 5 league game and Hartlepool have not won any of their last 4. 13 of the 14 points Hartlepool have gained have come at home but the 4 wins are all against teams from the lower half of the table (Crawley 1-0, Walsall 2-0, Carlisle 2-1 and Bristol Rovers 1-0). In their last home game they drew 1-1 with Exeter. However, our record at Hartlepool must be 1 of our worst on the road.
As we appear to get outnumbered in midfield playing 442 with 2 central midfielders I would be tempted to play a loan striker in a 4231.
                                                                      Roberts

McGowan            Horsfall                Guthrie or Revan               Koiki

Sowerby                            McWilliams

Hoskins                            Lewis                         Pinnock or Connolly

Etete

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:19:20 pm »

Unfortunately I’m beginning to agree, although it’s not easy trying to make a formula one car out of a garage full of rusty old mini parts.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 13:11:48 pm »

Manny - do you see any relevance in the referee for this game, Ben Toner (Bent Owner)?.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 15:45:25 pm »

Manny - do you see any relevance in the referee for this game, Ben Toner (Bent Owner)?.

This is no platform for homophobia. Very sad.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 16:25:15 pm »

Its a 400 mile round trip to the North East this Saturday (for those travelling from Northampton at least) to renew our rivalries with Hartlepool United. Hartlepools...as they used to be known, were formed in 1908 and took over the old amateur side West Hartlepool, presumably two became one hence the plural!

They have never played above the third tier in English football, though they were at that level for eight out of nine seasons as recently as 2013. Relegation to League 2 was followed in 2017 by relegation to the Conference. After an unspectacular first three years at that level (15th, 16th, 12th) success finally came back last season as they beat Torquay United at Ashton Gate in the playoff final.

This season has again been unspectacular, they sit 13th with four wins, four defeats and two draws. They have only scored nine goals in their 10 games, but have conceded the same number. That is an identical record to us.
All four wins have come at home, they have drawn two games including a Papa Johns game with Morecambe last night, their only defeat at Victoria Park came in the EFL Cup to Crewe.

Dave Challinor is the man at the helm, the long time Fylde manager took over in November last year and has overseen 25 wins in his 54 games in charge this far. He won four promotions during his time at Fylde, guiding the side from the Northern League Division 1 North through to the premier to the Conference North and then into the Conference itself, he also oversaw their FA Trophy win in 2019 and had his team just 90 minutes from the Football League before defeat to Salford in that years playoff final.

Cobblers connections present are limited to goalkeeper Jonathan Mitchell, although he is yet to make a league appearance he has featured in all their cup games including that 2-2 draw with Morecambe last night.

Tyler Burey is their top league goalscorer with three although the Millwall loanee is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury and has been out for four weeks now. Gavan Holohan is next in the list with two but he wnet off injured in the same game as Burey, this time with a groin injury, and he hasn't featured since either.

Head to head over the years.....as OAP alludes to, we don't have much success at their place but overall the two teams have met on 67 occasions and we lead 28 to 24 in the wins column. This will be our first visit to Victoria Park since 2016, that game ended goalless in front of a crowd of 4012. Four straight defeats prior to that and not a goal scored, so we have to go back to February 2008 to find our last goal and win....a 1-0 success thanks to substitute Giles Coke's 82nd minute strike. There have been 34 games in all competitions between us at Victoria Park and we have won just 5, losing in 23 others.....not a happy hunting ground.

Ben Toner will take charge of the game, the Lancashire based whistler has handled 11 games this season, giving out just 23 yellows and one red card. Last seasons totals were 96 yellows in 32 games along with two reds. We last crossed swords with him at Wimbledon in March of this year, we escaped without a booking in our 1-0 defeat there.
His last Hartlepool assignment was actually the game that sent them down to the Conference.....defeat at Cheltenham back in April 2017.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 17:11:07 pm »

SMMassey - what is sad is your interpretation of my post, the word bent has other meanings than your interpretation of prejudice against gay people which had not even crossed my mind, it probably shows how your mind works. My post was meant to be a light hearted question to Manny as given his posting history I expected a witty reply.
Look in the dictionary and educate yourself and stop considering yourself to be able to tell people what they can and cant post.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 18:27:44 pm »

SMMassey - what is sad is your interpretation of my post, the word bent has other meanings than your interpretation of prejudice against gay people which had not even crossed my mind, it probably shows how your mind works. My post was meant to be a light hearted question to Manny as given his posting history I expected a witty reply.
Look in the dictionary and educate yourself and stop considering yourself to be able to tell people what they can and cant post.
If you have been reading other threads, it should occur to you that in all likelihood, Steve Massey is being very tongue in cheek or at least a large slice of irony!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 19:13:33 pm »

Coolcat - yes I have read other threads and said poster has a habit of calling other posters sad.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 21:42:46 pm »

This ref was in the news before in connection with his name.....he was selected to ref the first Blackpool game following the case against the Oystons......

https://talksport.com/football/309721/ben-toner-replaced-referee-blackpool-game-efl-deny-its-due-his-name-171111261681/
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 09:59:39 am »

'The importance of having the right attitude and regaining the winning mentality'

Join Jon Brady on his next installment, this Saturday at 5pm.

Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 13:32:09 pm »

I certainly wont be having a flutter on us this weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2021, 14:53:36 pm »

Either 0-0 or 0-1 depending on Guthrie’s availability.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2021, 20:02:35 pm »

I certainly wont be having a flutter on us this weekend.

Nil Nil then..
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2021, 20:10:52 pm »

Picked my tickets up earlier....we'd sold 140 as of today.

For anyone who missed the news, the game IS available on IFollow this week due to it being an international weekend (I know right?)

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/hartlepool_live/
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 02:51:07 am »

If you have been reading other threads, it should occur to you that in all likelihood, Steve Massey is being very tongue in cheek or at least a large slice of irony!

Thank you Coolcat, I concur!

No harm intended and no animals have suffered due to my posts, only OAPs it seems  Grin

Good luck to all those making the long trip up to the North Sea, Ive suffered the trip several times and still not quite thawed out. From here, Hartlepool is actually marginally closer than Northampton being only 6,108 miles away as opposed to 6,138, I really should be making the effort!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: