The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:19:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hartlepool United (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartlepool United (a)  (Read 9949 times)
cobbler151

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2021, 18:59:22 pm »

agreed. I just want a plan and have the convictions to stick with it.

really would like to know why JB came out with bums off seats, attacking football, youth team players etc and then we play like we do.  What changed?

I would be happy to be 14 or even lower if we are playing our youth and trying to outscore the opposition rather than battling safety 1st football

I would like plan A with conviction, then Plan B with conviction, if things arent going right.

I am reading a lot of people saying its to early to jump ship with Brady, low budget etc

Yet I have not seen anyone hear give an explanation as to what Brady is actually trying to do with this team.

Sutton last week was a low point and  fact he has gone 4-2-3-1 is something, but he's got to stick with it now.
The next step for me would be drop Lewis and have Pollock with Pinnock and Connolly with McWilliams and Sowerby still in the pivot.

Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2021, 19:06:25 pm »

It does irritate me a bit on here sometimes... preseason there's all this talk about building for the future, giving Brady time and not having high expectations this year, we start well and as soon as we hit the first sticky patch people start baying for blood.

No it's not working as well as we'd like at the moment, is the answer really to sack another manager...?

Exactly.

Gutted we lost and without doubt our attacking play is not good enough but in reality for any team that's the hardest thing to get right both in recruitment and on the pitch.

I'll say it again it's about patience this year.  You only have to look at the likes of Koiki for a prime example of why I say that.  Some people weeks ago were singing his praises and complaining we hadn't signed him on a longer contract.  A few weeks later and a couple of poor defensive performances and you are seeing that maybe he's not quite ready but we have little option but to play him every game.

Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2021, 19:43:30 pm »

agreed. I just want a plan and have the convictions to stick with it.

really would like to know why JB came out with bums off seats, attacking football, youth team players etc and then we play like we do.  What changed?

I would be happy to be 14 or even lower if we are playing our youth and trying to outscore the opposition rather than battling safety 1st football

Mr C Calderwood
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2021, 20:42:39 pm »

Same old budget nonsense, do we really believe that the likes of 2nd placed Harrogate, 7th placed Sutton (game in hand), 8th placed Hartlepool and 11th placed Barrow all have budgets that dwarf ours by so much that we are unable to complete with these teams.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2021, 20:55:53 pm »

Same old budget nonsense, do we really believe that the likes of 2nd placed Harrogate, 7th placed Sutton (game in hand), 8th placed Hartlepool and 11th placed Barrow all have budgets that dwarf ours by so much that we are unable to complete with these teams.

And Morecambe last season and no doubt their budget in league one this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2021, 20:58:20 pm »

And Morecambe last season and no doubt their budget in league one this season.

L Jones signed for Cambridge for less than we were offering him
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2021, 21:11:41 pm »

L Jones signed for Cambridge for less than we were offering him

Yes he did. The argument about the budget is strange because as I said earlier Colin Calderwood must be on decent money, as is Danny Rose and probably Joseph Mills, Sam Hoskins, Liam Roberts, Jack Sowerby and Jon Guthrie to name a few. Boot & Shoe is very protective of Jon Brady and this is why he brings up this budget nonsense on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2021, 21:15:49 pm »

Connolly cost us today with his National League North performance!
Etete selflessly passed it on to him in the 87th for a tap in...idiot didn't know where he was!
Kabamba and BAS getting more time would have been more productive!

Applause today for Roberts and the 200 travelling contingent!
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2021, 21:29:01 pm »

Yes he did. The argument about the budget is strange because as I said earlier Colin Calderwood must be on decent money, as is Danny Rose and probably Joseph Mills, Sam Hoskins, Liam Roberts, Jack Sowerby and Jon Guthrie to name a few. Boot & Shoe is very protective of Jon Brady and this is why he brings up this budget nonsense on a regular basis.

The budget is pretty irrelevant, within reason, at our level. Many more factors dictate league position
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2021, 21:44:44 pm »

Connolly cost us today with his National League North performance!
Etete selflessly passed it on to him in the 87th for a tap in...idiot didn't know where he was!
Kabamba and BAS getting more time would have been more productive!

Applause today for Roberts and the 200 travelling contingent!

Applause too for the Hartlepool fans.....they backed their team for almost the entire 90 minutes, the drummer kept the atmosphere going, felt like there were a lot more than 5000 in there at times.

Maybe relegation to the National League galvanised their fans.....I remembered the same sort of support from Lincoln fans the season they came back up.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2021, 08:34:27 am »

Applause too for the Hartlepool fans.....they backed their team for almost the entire 90 minutes, the drummer kept the atmosphere going, felt like there were a lot more than 5000 in there at times.

Maybe relegation to the National League galvanised their fans.....I remembered the same sort of support from Lincoln fans the season they came back up.

Despite the fact that this is probably the case, I’d still prefer to maintain our football league status. Relegation to the National League could easily be the worst thing that could happen. Look how many ex league teams are struggling to get back.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2021, 08:35:20 am »

Disagree totally about the aymosphere. The drummer (always pathetic - we don't need one!) took away any spontaneity away, they didn't produce one original song, anything spontaneous that mirrored the game - even a' C'mon Cobblers...' reflects the passion and mood of the fans!
Most of the time just a murmuring unintelligible noise, that most Pool fans only half heartedly joined in with!
When it became clear that they were going to win in the dying minutes - the rest of the sheep around the ground joined in!
Don't give me drum stuff please! Nil points!

Been to Hartlepool I think around seven times over the years. It's always been a s***hole! It hasn't changed - can't quite believe the hole that it is and the dross that live there. My last ever trip to the hole!
Durham and Newcastle brilliant by comparison...including the groups of dolled ip lasses travelling to/from Durham, York and Newcastle every week!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2021, 08:38:48 am »

I thought we played pretty well with many reasons for optimism.

Start to take our chances and we should be there or thereabouts.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2021, 09:01:48 am »

I thought we played pretty well with many reasons for optimism.

Start to take our chances and we should be there or thereabouts.
I’m with you, they’ve the best home record in the division and I thought we did ok. That header for their first goal was sensational, we won’t have to defend against many like that this season. Their keeper also pulled off a few decent saves. On another day we could have won that at a canter. Still disappointing though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2021, 10:09:18 am »

Very disappointing to watch that performance on iFillow. I maybe wrong but they seemed to want it more; hence their two splendidly well taken goals. I can’t remember us scoring with that quality. We now appear to be on a slippery slope of avoidable losses! Our much vaunted defence should have been capable of drawing that game. I too am at a loss to understand JB’s selection policy if there is one. The signing of Kabamba and Lewis and perhaps Connolly now appears bereft of any meaningful justification for signing them. I agree with comments on that old red herring of budget as if Barrow and Harrogate have superior budgets Roll Eyes. If I was KT, he should launch an investigation into how the process works as it clearly isn’t working well. 
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3429

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2021, 10:17:52 am »

Very disappointing to watch that performance on iFillow. I maybe wrong but they seemed to want it more; hence their two splendidly well taken goals. I can’t remember us scoring with that quality. We now appear to be on a slippery slope of avoidable losses! Our much vaunted defence should have been capable of drawing that game. I too am at a loss to understand JB’s selection policy if there is one. The signing of Kabamba and Lewis and perhaps Connolly now appears bereft of any meaningful justification for signing them. I agree with comments on that old red herring of budget as if Barrow and Harrogate have superior budgets Roll Eyes. If I was KT, he should launch an investigation into how the process works as it clearly isn’t working well. 

Nice synopsis there evers although I'm afraid we will have to dismiss your comments..

As you were not there.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2021, 11:37:31 am »

Nice synopsis there evers although I'm afraid we will have to dismiss your comments..

As you were not there.

As were you! You are very outspoken for somebody who rarely attends. What you don’t get is ‘fans’ are allowed an opinion. Trouble is most of yours are brainless!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
fetishbob

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2021, 11:42:56 am »

You deserved a point at least yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2021, 11:52:30 am »

Evers - I think you have got him sussed.
At Salford we were within minutes of going second in the league, now 2 games later we are 14th. The wheels have come off the bus and are not going round and round. Also we have started conceding 2 goals a game, the second goal yesterday was a repeat of the second at Salford which Koiki was blamed for for. However I would not put too much blame on him for their winner yesterday as the rest of the team were pulled over to where the cross was coming from and he was left with 2 men to mark.
Anyway on to Mansfield next week who have not won any of their last 11 games, what could possibly go wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2021, 11:56:14 am »

Watched the game on i-player...

I thought we played some superb stuff, the performance itself warranted 3 points and with some ease.

Unfortunately though our forwards continue to demonstrate a total ineptness when it comes to either their final ball or their finishing...the Ete/Connolly moment 10 seconds before they scored their winner kind of wrapped up the whole of this season so far in one moment.

We can only hope that they are all 'doing a Parkin' or 'doing a Rico first spell here' and after several months things will suddenly click and they start scoring regularly. If they don't then it will be a bloody long run through to January. At that point we would surely need to offload at least two of the four and bring in better option/s. That said, it never seems to happen for us in that window and we'd probably end up with another Edmunson or Sinclair!

Ill keep the faith for now. But Im rapidly losing motivation for this season because our football in the final third of the pitch just isn't good enough and hasn't been now for 15 games league and cup. 15 goals, one goal a game = a big struggle!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: