The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:38:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.  (Read 8328 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« on: October 21, 2021, 13:26:05 pm »

With 2 of the best defences in the division it could be a low scoring game. Tranmere have scored 4 less than us but having only scored 2 goals in their first 7 games they have scored 9 in their last 6 games. They have won 5 of their 6 home games, only losing 0-1 to Newport County, their wins against Walsall 1-0, Hartlepool 1-0, Salford 2-0, Crawley 2-1 and Colchester 2-0 so only 2 goals conceded at home. On Tuesday they drew 2-2 at Harrogate which is the only time they conceded more than 1 goal. They are unbeaten in their last 6 games with 4 wins and 2 draws and only 3 goals conceded and appear to play with a back 4, 5 across midfield and 1 striker.
Unlikely that Ryan Watson will be in the starting 11 as he seems to have been replaced by Sam Foley. If he was still here I think he would be playing in the Lewis position where he contributed so many goals in the second half of last season. The other player we wanted to keep was Lloyd Jones but on reflection I think Guthrie is better.
In central defence Tranmere have 39 year old Peter Clarke so he could be lacking a bit of pace now. On the other hand he will need watching at set pieces because he has scored 3 goals like Guthrie and Horsfall.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 17:14:02 pm »

Remember Mr. OAP the world is now populated with a variety of left wing people who will definitely take offence to the title of your post.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 17:38:00 pm »

Manny, you are probably right but most of us of an elderly persuasion find it rather sad what has become of the world. Too many people with an agenda who look for hidden meanings in almost anything. Let's go back to calling a spade a spade.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 17:43:48 pm »

Manny, you are probably right but most of us of an elderly persuasion find it rather sad what has become of the world. Too many people with an agenda who look for hidden meanings in almost anything. Let's go back to calling a spade a spade.

What if it is a shovel?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 18:18:57 pm »

Then obviously we would call it a shovel, they are quite different.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 18:28:15 pm »

Nothing wrong with the title. Other than I doubt that an OAP knows much about clean sheets..
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 18:34:21 pm »

Nothing wrong with the title. Other than I doubt that an OAP knows much about clean sheets..
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 19:19:52 pm »

It's ok, people like manwork and oap will die soon enough leaving the world a better place.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 19:32:35 pm »

606, their are some people that it is not worth engaging with and it appears you are one of them so I am not prepared to rise to your contemptible comments. Obviously I do not know your age but plenty of people die early so be careful what you wish for.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 19:34:54 pm »

It's ok, people like manwork and oap will die soon enough leaving the world a better place.

Terrible comment! And you a supporter of Super Sam!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 19:43:22 pm »

I know, horrible comment...perhaps we should all try to be nice and inclusive to everyone...e.v.e.r.y.single comment you both seem to make undirected is politically leaning against this so called woke culture. maybe you should look closer to home first.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 19:59:45 pm »

I know, horrible comment...perhaps we should all try to be nice and inclusive to everyone...e.v.e.r.y.single comment you both seem to make undirected is politically leaning against this so called woke culture. maybe you should look closer to home first.

There are not enough of us to wish each other an early bath - remember only 3900 on Tuesday Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 21:59:45 pm »

While dealing with the 'woke' UK we now live in, Tranmere Rovers' fans were banned from displaying their flag at Prenton Park just prior to the pandemic...because it had the words 'White Army'!
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 22:10:30 pm »

As a self proclaimed and proud woke that a lot of folks on here seem so afraid of, I can categorically say that Mannys and OAPs humour doesn’t cause offence.
A little bit sadden by it but thankful that it’s just banter and they wouldn’t really want to offend anybody deliberately in the real world away from a keyboard and the opportunity for a giggle amongst friends.
I continue to be amazed that my own love for my fellow Cobblers fans will allow me to forgive them any sort of extreme and outdated political views - shame on me!!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
guest2995

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 22:13:43 pm »

who would you prefer , all things being equal between
paul lewis
sam foley
ryan watson
to play in central midfield ?
I think Watson for me but it is close . Division 2 players all of them .
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 22:18:38 pm »

paul lewis
sam foley
ryan watson

Definitely Watson.
BTW, any clever bugger out there knows the last time Cobbs won 3 league games in a row??
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 22:29:26 pm »

Definitely Watson.
BTW, any clever bugger out there knows the last time Cobbs won 3 league games in a row??

Got it: October 2019 - Salford, Cambridge & Carlisle
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 23:14:34 pm »

As a self proclaimed and proud woke that a lot of folks on here seem so afraid of, I can categorically say that Mannys and OAPs humour doesn’t cause offence.
A little bit sadden by it but thankful that it’s just banter and they wouldn’t really want to offend anybody deliberately in the real world away from a keyboard and the opportunity for a giggle amongst friends.
I continue to be amazed that my own love for my fellow Cobblers fans will allow me to forgive them any sort of extreme and outdated political views - shame on me!!

You are an actual liberal but sadly a dying breed. So many do not see the benefits of freedom of speech, forgiveness or reform anymore. Many wear "Woke" as a badge to justify their socially acceptable hate. I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them.
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 23:17:11 pm »

paul lewis
sam foley
ryan watson

What has happened to Jordan Flores? Is he injured?

He is highly thought of and many non cobblers fans saw him as a real coup for us and potentially the POTS.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 03:02:07 am »

Remember Mr. OAP the world is now populated with a variety of left wing people who will definitely take offence to the title of your post.

You're absolutely correct to point this out. There's a definite theme of homophobia emerging here from Mr. OAP, remember his previous comments prior to the Hartlepool game.

"Manny - do you see any relevance in the referee for this game, Ben Toner (Bent Owner)?."

Frankly I find this sort of language today wholly inappropriate. I'm quite shocked its actually allowed, can't you leave the poofs alone OAP?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: