The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 16:37:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.  (Read 8329 times)
guest3429

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2021, 07:51:23 am »

Before getting excited however, one has to remember that this is the Cobblers and consistency has rarely been an NTFC virtue!

This is why you should get excited whenever you can.

Blow that waiting lark, I'm letting go.... Shirt on, down Soho Bar later with all the Prem wankers.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2021, 08:01:48 am »

I’m really pleased for Brady, clearly cares about the club. A very winnable game coming up this Saturday and I see Cambridge got 4 put past them yesterday. Be nice to move on in the Cup too. Just hope Etete continues to fire as the strength in depth might not be there but Jan is fast approaching.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2021, 08:17:10 am »

If anyone else listened to the Tranmere commentary it made it that much more fun!

Calm down, calm down, Dave,  Grin You could clearly hear they were both wearing shell suits.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2021, 08:20:17 am »

Based on our second half performance yesterday and our first half performance at Hartlepool, aside from the number of goals we probably should have scored, I wouldn't want to play against us...  Cool
Hopefully, with Etete now scoring, the goal column will now reflect the performances.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2021, 09:50:42 am »

Where is Carton Lid when you need him?
THAT was the worst Refereeing performance that I have seen in a long long time...  Grin
Huh? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2021, 09:54:02 am »

Watched the game in full this afternoon and what a treat. That finish from Etete was as good as you will see and there were performances all over the pitch, outstanding.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 09:58:40 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2021, 09:57:07 am »

Huh? Grin

I thought that we could have agreed about the referee's performance for a change... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2021, 10:31:25 am »

you have to give credit to the manager and coaching staff - they have changed the system to one up front and managed to get more from the wide players in doing so .
They are not having to worry about tracking back so much and have more freedom .
Also credit goes to the development of Etete . He is coming on game by game in leaps and bounds .
It is a real credit to everyone we have turned the corner .
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2021, 10:47:20 am »

I thought that we could have agreed about the referee's performance for a change... Grin
Was he THAT bad ?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2021, 10:49:01 am »

Was he THAT bad ?  Grin

Oh yes... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »

I thought the ref a had a reasonable game much better than that girl from the other week.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2021, 13:04:34 pm »

I thought the ref a had a reasonable game much better than that girl from the other week.

Are you fishing Manwork? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2021, 13:34:35 pm »

Like you, I didn't see both perfomances live, so I couldn't compare the two... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2021, 16:59:46 pm »

I wouldnt get too carried away yet, its very good we've got a workinf formation and a very good defence... but one injury, particularly to Etete, and I think a promotion push would escape us. Squad depth isnt really there, especially going forward.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2021, 17:10:42 pm »

I wouldnt get too carried away yet, its very good we've got a workinf formation and a very good defence... but one injury, particularly to Etete, and I think a promotion push would escape us. Squad depth isnt really there, especially going forward.
Has to be fixed in Jan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2021, 18:21:41 pm »

Quite an interesting game yesterday and was a game of two half's. The first half our defense coped well with their forwards and thought that their Centre Forward did his best to bully both Horsfall, Guthrie and when he was near him...McWilliams. Needles s to say he did not get any change from those three.  In many ways the first half ended in stalemate with their forwards struggling to make an impression but there was a fairly feisty midfield battle going on. Certainly we more direct as opposed to their side passing, their winger exemplified this by running wide for a short distance and then went on a sideways jaunt; this made him easy to pick off. Roberts had nothing to do and must have been getting cold in the chilly wind.

The second half started with a brief foray by Tranmere which was easily dealt with . Soon after our midfield started to get a grip and the tide certainly turned in our favour. Ete forever a danger, how the ref let their number 10 continually manhandle him was shameful refereeing.

So with Ete making inroads into their back line, Sammy getting busy with shots at goal; then a great pass by Lewis? which sliced through their defense;  from just outside their box at the angle from the left. Ete met it first time,  bang back of the net - genuine Premier League standard taken goal. Cobblers support revelled in the superiority shown by their team. Some great chants coming out particularly the one aimed at the Tranny supporter who was 'dressed like a tramp...what were you thinking of dressed like a tramp'. Should imagine mad Michelle would have had a field day at that moment  Grin
After the penalty goal when Lewis was taken out by their goalie, their Centre Half Clarke muttered some chosen words to Lewis for falling over the goal keepers legs!! Tranmere were finished after that with Cobblers playing as one, treating us to some exhibition football. Lasting impression was Ete's goal, terrific Cobblers support who never missed a trick to take the proverbial at Tranmere, Hoskins coolly taken penalty and also his 30yd sprint to deny their full back's clearance. Plenty of Super Sams chanting too. At the end of game, at the ovation Hoskins deliberately walked over to the support clapping them for their personal support. Decent touch by all.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2021, 19:19:12 pm »

475 of us amongst 6885 yesterday.
Good noise as well from us for the majority of the time.
Anyone else notice the releative lull just prior to the first goal and the explosion of noise immediately it went in?
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2021, 19:41:38 pm »

You could say that about any team in the division i would think .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2021, 21:12:37 pm »

Anyone else notice the releative lull just prior to the first goal and the explosion of noise immediately it went in?
There looked a lot more there than that on the telebox.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2021, 21:31:51 pm »

Take your point; replacing Ete will be the hard one to get an understudy. We need a big lump up front to fill in the lone striker. Regrettably money will have to be spent! Is Hylton up to it? Probably need another striker too. Defensive probably not so difficult. With our yellow card syndrome we can easily be exposed.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: