The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:51:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

VOTE FOR OUR 125TH SEASON HOME KIT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE FOR OUR 125TH SEASON HOME KIT!  (Read 4118 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 11:24:23 am »

But is that really our first kit? A guy who sits in front of me at Sixfields has looked into this at great depth and he doesn't think the Chocolate & Blue was our first kit. I can't remember what he said was our first kit but I'll ask him again  Smiley
Yeah, it was definitely black & white...I've seen the photo!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2021, 11:58:22 am »

I read it on the internet so it must be true  Grin
Can't argue with that  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2021, 12:24:07 pm »

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/northampton-town-f-c-the-cobblers-back-row-left-right-b-news-photo/78979495?adppopup=true

This is a photo of the first cobblers team in what looks to be white plus a dark colour (claret). This is also the kit that historical kits has up...now...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Northampton_Town/Northampton_Town.htm

however around the time the the chocolate and blue kit was annouced by the club, historical kits 1897-99 kit was brown and blue. I don't think I have ever seen a photo showing proof of 'chocolate and brown' but if someone has evidence anywhere? I'm not sure where the club got the idea but if it was from historical kits and they had made a mistake (which is now corrected) then that would be a pretty major error from the club.

Surely though they would have evidence within the club records rather than going off a website? right...
I've always 'known' us as playing the first season in Brown and Blue so goes back a lot longer than the last couple of years. But agree it must be in the archives.
Sadly the club's historian Frank Grande died a couple of years ago but I would have thought he would have corrected the club a long time ago if not correct.

It is also on Cobblers Past website. "The Official historians of @ntfc. History Never Forgotten.  Past and present facts about Northampton Town Football Club"

https://cobblerspast.com/kits/
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 12:31:36 pm »

Big thumbs up for the 86/87 kit winning the vote.
I personally preferred the hoops, however I'm really pleased we'll be playing in white at home again.
Bring back those memories of soggy Ansell burgers, pitch black stinking toilets, unsafe terraces, three sides and Richard Hill going on one of those runs!
Looking fwd to buying this top as well as the 3rd kit next season!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 12:33:38 pm »

Was the original photo in black and white, then the 'historical colourists' added the wrong colours when it should have been claret and a dirty white?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2021, 12:39:21 pm »

I've always 'known' us as playing the first season in Brown and Blue so goes back a lot longer than the last couple of years. But agree it must be in the archives.
Sadly the club's historian Frank Grande died a couple of years ago but I would have thought he would have corrected the club a long time ago if not correct.

It is also on Cobblers Past website. "The Official historians of @ntfc. History Never Forgotten.  Past and present facts about Northampton Town Football Club"

https://cobblerspast.com/kits/

the cobblers past website proves my point...that has been copy and pasted from the historical kits website when it was brown and blue (only their website uses that design of kits). It has now been changed by them.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2021, 12:41:54 pm »

Was the original photo in black and white, then the 'historical colourists' added the wrong colours when it should have been claret and a dirty white?

this is my thinking and thus a 'repetition of error'. It is quite clearly (in that photo at least) white and another colour.

the same photo is also used in the press release...

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/season_tickets_information/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 12:45:02 pm by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2021, 13:04:04 pm »

Forget the kit, I wish we could wear proper hats like those without people assuming we've escaped from a pantomime.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2021, 13:17:34 pm »

Just loaded it into this website https://hotpot.ai/colorize-picture

(cant load the pic to here)

It could either be brown and blue or a very dark red and dirty white  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2021, 14:08:24 pm »

I’ve seen a photo of Towcester v Northampton town that pre dates the official date the club was formed.
I was also told by an old Towcesterian that Northampton played originally in a kit that they had got second hand from a team run by dr knight who had a private school in Towcester.
There are photos of this team wearing a kit that could be the one that was given to the cobblers as it’s from the same time.

I’ve seen a few early photos of Towcester v the cobblers but haven’t seen the 1895 one since I was a young lad and the chap who had it has long since passed.

It was 100% 1895 and it was titled Towcester fc vs Northampton town fc (others were titled Towcester v Northampton) so it’s interesting the one I saw many years ago was ntfc and not plain Northampton.

The story about dr knights team donating a shirt to the cobblers would be a fact as the lady concerned was alive at the time this occurred
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2021, 15:04:19 pm »

Just loaded it into this website https://hotpot.ai/colorize-picture

(cant load the pic to here)

It could either be brown and blue or a very dark red and dirty white  Grin

Agree, it's more of a clarety colour with either a dirty white or pale blue...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2021, 16:12:32 pm »

I’ve seen a photo of Towcester v Northampton town that pre dates the official date the club was formed.
I was also told by an old Towcesterian that Northampton played originally in a kit that they had got second hand from a team run by dr knight who had a private school in Towcester.
There are photos of this team wearing a kit that could be the one that was given to the cobblers as it’s from the same time.

I’ve seen a few early photos of Towcester v the cobblers but haven’t seen the 1895 one since I was a young lad and the chap who had it has long since passed.

It was 100% 1895 and it was titled Towcester fc vs Northampton town fc (others were titled Towcester v Northampton) so it’s interesting the one I saw many years ago was ntfc and not plain Northampton.

The story about dr knights team donating a shirt to the cobblers would be a fact as the lady concerned was alive at the time this occurred

I did see a northampton Victoria that was in the northampton district league before northampton town. Wonder if that was northampton too. I'd so, we have the date of being founded wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
guest3338

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2021, 14:18:34 pm »

Agree, it's more of a clarety colour with either a dirty white or pale blue...
Including the keeper.
When did they go it alone?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2021, 14:24:17 pm »

Including the keeper.
When did they go it alone?
That is an interesting question.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2021, 15:58:44 pm »

Goalkeepers used to wear a cap to distinguish them from the rest of the team. Different coloured shirts started to be used more after WWI although England and Scotland international teams had already used goal keeper jerseys
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2021, 16:28:20 pm »

Goalkeepers used to wear a cap to distinguish them from the rest of the team. Different coloured shirts started to be used more after WWI although England and Scotland international teams had already used goal keeper jerseys
Thanks , interesting
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2021, 13:10:26 pm »

Thanks , interesting
Yes, indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2021, 15:31:23 pm »

Kit 2 all day, every day and twice on Sundays
Report Spam   Logged
Jonesy9

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2021, 18:43:18 pm »

So are we saying that the chocolate/blue is actually a mistake from somewhere across history and never actually existed? Haha love it if that’s the case!

Do we know whether the chocolate/blue kit is only going to be used for the anniversary game, or if it’s going to be used next season, too?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2021, 21:54:33 pm »

So are we saying that the chocolate/blue is actually a mistake from somewhere across history and never actually existed? Haha love it if that’s the case!

Do we know whether the chocolate/blue kit is only going to be used for the anniversary game, or if it’s going to be used next season, too?

The plan is to use it as the third kit next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: