The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:17:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Its Cambridge again Tuesday 16.11.21

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Cambridge again Tuesday 16.11.21  (Read 6909 times)
Norfolk_In_Chance

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2021, 14:48:12 pm »

Koiki would be a great asset playing left side attacking mid but he's not a particularly good defender for me
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2021, 15:51:12 pm »

Koiki would be a great asset playing left side attacking mid but he's not a particularly good defender for me

Been saying that for the last few games and after last night would play him left midfield or further up. Out of harms way!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2021, 17:11:35 pm »

Has anyone got a link to the goal that was disallowed last night ?
It’s not on the highlights and haven’t heard anyone discuss it .
They hardly ever get given but it was good work by Etete
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2021, 18:20:41 pm »

Been saying that for the last few games and after last night would play him left midfield or further up. Out of harms way!

The left back would be.?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2021, 19:06:58 pm »

Has anyone got a link to the goal that was disallowed last night ?
It’s not on the highlights and haven’t heard anyone discuss it .
They hardly ever get given but it was good work by Etete

It was on Anglia news earlier. Don't know if you can get it on ITV hub. Not sure of the rules on such an incident but keeper kicked it out and Etete stuck his leg out and it went in. Looked alright to me.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2021, 19:08:47 pm »

Koiki will be an excellent attacking left back.  Still learning his trade and improving defensively.  That much needed word again....patience.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2021, 19:09:09 pm »

Could have been BBC. It was on the local news anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2021, 20:40:21 pm »

The left back would be.?

Flores*, Dyche, Harriman, Pollock; even Hoskins but that would unsettle the team Cheesy. The lad who played left back against Brighton U21 might be a reasonable choice. At a pinch 'Oki provided we are patient and give him time to settle and learn his trade - quote MCH Cool
*I mentioned Flores as a renowned person from this forum who went to Forest Green in the Checkatrade Cup Evening game said Flores did ok at full back. Plenty of choice really!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:57:29 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2021, 20:43:01 pm »

Some interesting post game comments from Bonner. Basically saying the first game was open, Northampton were aggressive playing with one up front, one sitting and wingers in wide positions which seemed to help us overload the box. Whereas playing with a front two seemed to stop that happening, which mirrors the last half hour at Rovers.

Its a shame our management didn't identify this.

He's hit the nail on the head.

Brady's mistake has been to abandon the successful 4-2-3-1 following Sowerby's injury in order to shoehorn in supposedly senior players. The overall system should transcend individuals and the likes of Pollock should be doggedly learning the positions so that they can fill in when required. We've looked utter gash whenever we've played 4-4-2 this season because, as many have pointed out, we simply don't have the conventional wingers or coherent strike partnership needed to make it work.

As someone else said it's ironic that Brady as a former youth team manager seems reluctant to blood young prospects such as Pollock.

Brady needs to wise up to that fast. Plan A is 4-2-3-1. Plan B should be 4-2-3-1 with different personnel (some of whom will need to be brought in during the January window).
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2021, 21:07:34 pm »

Watching Stockport tonight, that’s what I call ‘bums off seats football’. And Quigley, with players like that in the Conference why do we end up with Kabamba, Connelly and BAS!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2021, 21:09:05 pm »

He's hit the nail on the head.

Brady's mistake has been to abandon the successful 4-2-3-1 following Sowerby's injury in order to shoehorn in supposedly senior players. The overall system should transcend individuals and the likes of Pollock should be doggedly learning the positions so that they can fill in when required. We've looked utter gash whenever we've played 4-4-2 this season because, as many have pointed out, we simply don't have the conventional wingers or coherent strike partnership needed to make it work.

As someone else said it's ironic that Brady as a former youth team manager seems reluctant to blood young prospects such as Pollock.

Brady needs to wise up to that fast. Plan A is 4-2-3-1. Plan B should be 4-2-3-1 with different personnel (some of whom will need to be brought in during the January window).

Not sure if you are giving professional footballers their due respect if they are unable to adapt  to a change in formation. CW did it a lot when short of top player. I find it very hard to fault JB to reverting to 4-4-2 when he can partner Ete with Rose, even Kabamba or BAS; perhaps Pollock too. However I take your point on the success of 4231 but its highly dependent on Ete not being shackled by half of the opposing defense. The main problem at Cambridge is that they had Ete pretty well shackled and Rose appeared to go AWOL Lewis merely reverted to normal total anonymity.
To aid Ete in the absence of a goal scoring partner how about playing BAS up front so taking the attention of the oppo defense and Ete as one of the front 3, preferably more forward of the front 3 - almost at times partnering Ete. Surely that might give the opposing defense some issues. Can see it now with Hoskins buzzing around give all a headache.
Report Spam   Logged

the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2021, 22:18:59 pm »

Watching Stockport tonight, that’s what I call ‘bums off seats football’. And Quigley, with players like that in the Conference why do we end up with Kabamba, Connelly and BAS!

I watched that game as well - it was a fantastic game and credit to Stockport for a remarkable comeback after being 0-2 down after 5 minutes. I agree about Quigley he was an absolute handful and very impressive and streets ahead of BAS and Kabamba and probably Rose too.

The fact that Stockport are only 11th in the National League shows just how strong that league is.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2021, 07:33:38 am »

Everything about that club puts us to shame. The players, the playing style, the ground capacity, the redevelopment, the owner, the pitch....
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2021, 07:59:04 am »

Everything about that club puts us to shame. The players, the playing style, the ground capacity, the redevelopment, the owner, the pitch....

Apart from that they are 11th in the national league having scored a really impressive 17 goals in 14 games with their super players and have a minus goal difference as opposed to being 4th in league2!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2021, 08:04:32 am »

Koiki will be an excellent attacking left back.  Still learning his trade and improving defensively.  That much needed word again....patience.

He's the best attacking left back we've had for many a year and has massive potential to play at a much higher level...

His biggest attribute is setting up counter attacks from deep positions and driving forward. Which he wouldn't be able to do so much if he was played further forward.

He's also got a phenomenal recovery rate. He just needs to work on his defensive positioning which I'm certain will improve the more he plays in that position!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2021, 09:16:44 am »

Apart from that they are 11th in the national league having scored a really impressive 17 goals in 14 games with their super players and have a minus goal difference as opposed to being 4th in league2!

Admirable reflective opinion

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:18:49 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

45Yearsandstillsupporting

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2021, 15:46:43 pm »

Couple of days on and time think how the seasons going.  If I'd been asked "would you think 4th in the league and out of all cups would be a good place to be end of November?" I would be reasonably happy.  Until Tuesday and the game against Bristol Rovers we were trundling along nicely.

Seen another thread starting about refs.  Some of the refs we've had have been poor.  Time wasting is a bug bear of mine, ref on Saturday let the Gas take the utter p**s out of him.  In the second half it was shocking.  I pay for 90 minutes of entertainment not 60 minutes and 30 minutes of players just kicking or tossing the ball away!

Cambridge on Tuesday was disappointing, we didn't deserve to win but their No. 9, Ironside I think every time the ball was pumped up to him took out Horsfall or Guthrie and the ref give nothing, repeatedly playing the man before ball with that intention.

Etete still our brightest star, defenders all had an off night, in fact they all pretty much did. 

It's becoming worse in our league for poor refs, and I think they are having a bigger impact on the game then ever before.

Did anyone else think for their third goal our player was shoved out of the way when about to receive the ball?

But, we are fourth and luck will turn with the refs!
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2021, 18:20:27 pm »

Couple hundred grand and £4K a week explains a fair bit!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: