The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:39:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Leyton Orient (h) Sat 27th November

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leyton Orient (h) Sat 27th November  (Read 7892 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 12:29:26 pm »

Etete going off was a blow...trying to pass Guthrie off as a game changer is stretching it.
Get off your usual fcuking arrogant high horse - you really do think you know it all don't you...hence your totally without any inside knowledge, claiming Etete is out for two to three weeks!
We didn't hold possession for more than five seconds at anytime in he second half - rookie,Dyche, change of formation or otherwise!
Any insider info as to the shambolic 2nd half performance on Tuesday?

More inside information eh...you know Orient have a far bigger budget?

As for best result of the season...did you travel to Tranmere?

only inside information i have is that a keyboard warrior is having a hernia ..
Nurse !
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 13:21:36 pm »

Agree with a centre forward but next for me is a defensive midfielder. We don’t want to be switching to a 4-4-2 if either McWilliams or Sowerby is suspended or injured, I also don’t think Lewis is anywhere near the same player when played as a defensive midfielder or a central midfielder.

Yes, definitely. Fair point. So 4 players needed!  Grin

I guess the key will be moving players on. Wouldn't surprise me (think I said it last week) if another league2 team or one of the big spenders in the national league put a cheeky 20-30grand bid in for Rose whose out of contract end of the season. He clearly wouldn't be the ideal striker to get rid of to make way (there's two ahead of him in the queue!), BUT that extra few quid and that he's one of the highest earners (if not the highest), should give Brady some wiggle room to bring in the extra bodies we need...

The other strikers, if Brady wanted to, could well be tough to move on...

We will have the same issue with the back up midfielders as well...

Wont be an easy window to tackle, unless extra £ is made available by the board.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2021, 13:28:14 pm »

Yes, definitely. Fair point. So 4 players needed!  Grin

I guess the key will be moving players on. Wouldn't surprise me (think I said it last week) if another league2 team or one of the big spenders in the national league put a cheeky 20-30grand bid in for Rose whose out of contract end of the season. He clearly wouldn't be the ideal striker to get rid of to make way (there's two ahead of him in the queue!), BUT that extra few quid and that he's one of the highest earners (if not the highest), should give Brady some wiggle room to bring in the extra bodies we need...

The other strikers, if Brady wanted to, could well be tough to move on...

We will have the same issue with the back up midfielders as well...

Wont be an easy window to tackle, unless extra £ is made available by the board.
I think the latest news has put to bed any investment our beloved chairman would make, bless him.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2021, 13:36:21 pm »

My contribution;

I rate all our midfield as League 2 or slightly better standard. Who would you try really hard to move on ?

I would move all of Kabamba, Ashley and Danny on as soon as possible. Rose may be National Conference standard or less but the other two need new challenges.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2021, 13:53:33 pm »

My contribution;

I rate all our midfield as League 2 or slightly better standard. Who would you try really hard to move on ?

I would move all of Kabamba, Ashley and Danny on as soon as possible. Rose may be National Conference standard or less but the other two need new challenges.

I'm not referring to the ones starting, more so the ones that are perceived as back ups. Namely Flores, Pollock and Connolly...
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2021, 14:04:04 pm »

I'm not referring to the ones starting, more so the ones that are perceived as back ups. Namely Flores, Pollock and Connolly...

We do slightly differ then. I have a certain regard for Flores and Connolly as they have had good games this season. We all hope Pollock comes good (he'd definitely gain from a spell at a National Conference side, Brackley or possibly Kettering). Etete is loan gold, his colleagues up front - I'd prefer we try a Centre Back up there.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2021, 14:11:42 pm »

We do slightly differ then. I have a certain regard for Flores and Connolly as they have had good games this season. We all hope Pollock comes good (he'd definitely gain from a spell at a National Conference side, Brackley or possibly Kettering). Etete is loan gold, his colleagues up front - I'd prefer we try a Centre Back up there.

So do I but its clear that Brady doesn't. Otherwise they'd be getting picked when we are down to the bear bones, or at least coming off of the bench for lengthy cameo's...

We need to be in a situation where the back up players are getting half an hour in games, and pushing for a start. At the minute its first x1, then timewasting subs in the last 5 minutes if we are winning! If we are not winning, our changes have made us worse...its telling that we've only scored twice all season during the last 10-15 minutes!

I think the defensive back ups are good enough. Mills and Harriman both are decent (Mills is fit again soon hopefully) and now young Max has proved he is as well.

If were gonna bring 4 players in, then we'd surely need to ship some out to make way? Its going to be very hard to shift out the ones we perhaps would ideally want to because they will be on more money etc, so somethings got to give!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2021, 15:11:43 pm »

So do I but its clear that Brady doesn't. Otherwise they'd be getting picked when we are down to the bear bones, or at least coming off of the bench for lengthy cameo's...

We need to be in a situation where the back up players are getting half an hour in games, and pushing for a start. At the minute its first x1, then timewasting subs in the last 5 minutes if we are winning! If we are not winning, our changes have made us worse...its telling that we've only scored twice all season during the last 10-15 minutes!

I think the defensive back ups are good enough. Mills and Harriman both are decent (Mills is fit again soon hopefully) and now young Max has proved he is as well.

If were gonna bring 4 players in, then we'd surely need to ship some out to make way? Its going to be very hard to shift out the ones we perhaps would ideally want to because they will be on more money etc, so somethings got to give!
Harriman is a dreadful defender, Mills is OK for L2.
We will be lucky to get a loan player in Jan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2021, 17:58:22 pm »

As for best result of the season...did you travel to Tranmere?

.... just on that last point - we were indeed fantastic against Tranmere but to be fair they offered nothing - sometimes a great result is when you carve out a victory against a team that are matching you (albeit in a poor quality, poor playing condition game)
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2021, 18:26:42 pm »

I think it unlikely that JB wants to see Rose go in January as he regularly praises him for his work ethic and putting in a good shift. He is out of contract at the end of the season but I believe he has an option of another year.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2021, 21:32:58 pm »

I think it unlikely that JB wants to see Rose go in January as he regularly praises him for his work ethic and putting in a good shift. He is out of contract at the end of the season but I believe he has an option of another year.

Yes you're right regarding his contract;

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/october/danny_rose/

5 goals in 55 league appearances for us. He really should be feeding off Etete's excellent work and scoring far more regularly. He's never been especially prolific but you'd think he was at his peak now - 28 on December 10th.

I assume the extra year on his contract is his choice per that article.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2021, 22:51:48 pm »

.... just on that last point - we were indeed fantastic against Tranmere but to be fair they offered nothing - sometimes a great result is when you carve out a victory against a team that are matching you (albeit in a poor quality, poor playing condition game)

Not to sure about that; it was the defence that day which rendered Tranmere strikers hopeless and then Tranny midfield simply gave up the ghost. To me it was a classic demolition of a side in form who were lucky  that only 2 goals ‘against’.  Another plus was the support who were worth the journey alone. The poor Tranmere fan who was identified as a tramp was a gem Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2021, 06:58:51 am »

Rose doesn’t get into goalscoring positions enough but at least he does offer something to the team in that he wins most headers to flick on and chases everything down.
Kabamba and Benny offer very little and will almost certainly be moved on IMO .
In the meantime , we will need them all in the short term.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2021, 11:15:30 am »

Rose doesn’t get into goalscoring positions enough but at least he does offer something to the team in that he wins most headers to flick on and chases everything down.
Kabamba and Benny offer very little and will almost certainly be moved on IMO .
In the meantime , we will need them all in the short term.
BAS makes Harry Smith look like Cavani.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2021, 13:06:48 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/boss-brady-heaps-praise-on-the-cobblers-supporters-3477393
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2021, 13:55:48 pm »

He will make his fûcking mind up sooner or later  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Saint Cobbler