The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:12:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 94688 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2022, 15:39:15 pm »

He has all the attributes and (if you believe what comes out of the club )just the player who fits our signings profile
Young for a sell on, hungry to impress…

Unfortunately it seems the reality is much different and in reality we don’t follow this mantra or pay money for young strikers which doesn’t tally with the soundbytes.

I wonder if this is why foyle left…
I’d heard that he’d identified tishimanga for us but we wouldn’t meet the asking price and he went to chesterfield who will now make a million quid profit instead of us.
I think from memory we offered 40k so I was told (I’m sure someone more in the know can correct me)
But we did try to sign him and from memory again ‘narrowly’ missed out….
If the 40k offer was right then I’d very much doubt we’d offer 100k for anyone but I’d be delighted if it was us.
It’d be like us to loan a player to them whilst watching another league two club buy their star man on a permanent contract.
Who knows a miracle may happen.

I wish you could donate £100k to enable the signing of said player - proper Billy Big Boots perhaps at times?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #681 on: January 26, 2022, 15:50:13 pm »

I wish you could donate £100k to enable the signing of said player - proper Billy Big Boots perhaps at times?
Hilarious response
Have tranmere needed to ask their fans to fund their transfer signings.
Steve Massey is the poster to ask regards crowdfunding ideas
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 26, 2022, 15:52:51 pm »

I think he will do a job. Not a stand out signing but steady.

Frustrating its another loan, someone else to try and develop for someone elses benefit.

I assume the high profile signings are just round the corner...

Don't necessarily disagree with part of this summary - under the circumstances we will soon know how good Idris is.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 26, 2022, 16:06:53 pm »

Hilarious response
Have tranmere needed to ask their fans to fund their transfer signings.
Steve Massey is the poster to ask regards crowdfunding ideas

I know you thrive in the yearly NTFC transfer markets but you chuck around sums of money under the disguise of young players 'benefiting' the Club. Yet on your own admission you don't attend any games Roll Eyes.  More than a few days ago you suggested big news was on the way! Although I did not fall for this speculation; so remind you again what is this news based on and when will it materialize or is it just mindless b0ll0x Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #684 on: January 26, 2022, 16:10:35 pm »

What on earth has this to do with Mike Brady -  whoever he may be.    Roll Eyes

Enough already, Robert Reed then.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2022, 16:30:18 pm »

Welcome Kanu, wish you all the best.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 26, 2022, 16:36:21 pm »

I know you thrive in the yearly NTFC transfer markets but you chuck around sums of money under the disguise of young players 'benefiting' the Club. Yet on your own admission you don't attend any games Roll Eyes.  More than a few days ago you suggested big news was on the way! Although I did not fall for this speculation; so remind you again what is this news based on and when will it materialize or is it just mindless b0ll0x Shocked
You’re like a loyal old lapdog who can see no wrong in anyone which is quaint but have proven on here to be a terrible judge of character.
Are you still in denial as regards DC.
Your unswerving obedience to the club is lovely but let’s wait a while and see if you come down on the wrong side of history once again.

May I ask if you ever receive emails telling you that you’ve won the lottery but need to deposit a small amount before getting paid out??
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #687 on: January 26, 2022, 16:41:14 pm »

Kanu has scored 10 goals in the last 6 years.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 26, 2022, 17:44:40 pm »

You’re like a loyal old lapdog who can see no wrong in anyone which is quaint but have proven on here to be a terrible judge of character.
Are you still in denial as regards DC.
Your unswerving obedience to the club is lovely but let’s wait a while and see if you come down on the wrong side of history once again.

May I ask if you ever receive emails telling you that you’ve won the lottery but need to deposit a small amount before getting paid out??

As usual you avoid a simple question - again please quantify your earlier statement this month that 'good news is on the way'
Am awaiting your comments with interest.
Regarding DC I supported the Trust in their actions regards DC Roll Eyes and donated money to the cause - did you?  Some of your comments like lapdog and unswerving obedience may possibly suggest you are 'loosing' your grip on reality. By all means throw insults and untruths but your constant digs at Club policy merely expose you as someone who delights in unsubstantiated rumours.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 26, 2022, 17:46:27 pm »

Welcome Kanu, wish you all the best.

Agreed and well said.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #690 on: January 26, 2022, 17:57:28 pm »

We clearly haven't got a pot to diddle in until the land issue is sorted and the owners inevitably move on. Genuine question (as I can't remember) did Cardoza ever cut the playing budget really tight?

The best the fans can do is get behind the squad we have and galvanise in the relative adversity that could lay ahead. It's worked in the past and we're still at the right end of the table.
The alternative if the next results don't go well is booing at JB and the players, with probably very little directed at the top. We know how it goes.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #691 on: January 26, 2022, 18:06:02 pm »

Ipswich fan says Tyreese Simpson was recalled from his Swindon loan as Ipswich have an option of another year on his contract which runs out at the end of the season. He reckons that if Simpson had been out on loan for the full season they would not be able to trigger the option. They have offered him an extended contract which he is refusing to sign and therefore could have walked at the end of the season. They expect him to go back out on loan, go get him.
As an alternative Joe Pigott is getting minimal game time at Ipswich and has slipped down the pecking order, Bonne, Norwood, Chaplin and Jackson all appear to be in front of him. He has plenty of experience and done well for Wombles.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 26, 2022, 18:11:42 pm »

Ipswich fan says Tyreese Simpson was recalled from his Swindon loan as Ipswich have an option of another year on his contract which runs out at the end of the season. He reckons that if Simpson had been out on loan for the full season they would not be able to trigger the option. They have offered him an extended contract which he is refusing to sign and therefore could have walked at the end of the season. They expect him to go back out on loan, go get him.
As an alternative Joe Pigott is getting minimal game time at Ipswich and has slipped down the pecking order, Bonne, Norwood, Chaplin and Jackson all appear to be in front of him. He has plenty of experience and done well for Wombles.
Good post

I’d imagine piggott may go back to Wimbledon seems as they sold a striker the other day
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 26, 2022, 18:22:54 pm »

We clearly haven't got a pot to diddle in until the land issue is sorted and the owners inevitably move on. Genuine question (as I can't remember) did Cardoza ever cut the playing budget really tight?

The best the fans can do is get behind the squad we have and galvanise in the relative adversity that could lay ahead. It's worked in the past and we're still at the right end of the table.
The alternative if the next results don't go well is booing at JB and the players, with probably very little directed at the top. We know how it goes.

Agree with your sentiments, same side as at Sutton with Rose up front; might as well be BAS but understand he is/or recovering from an unknown injury? Presumably Kanu could also play up front although it sounds he is a shoe in for Lewis!

On Kanu, from the Chron:
...................has struggled to establish himself as a regular at Posh though, making 69 appearances and scoring 11 goals in four and a half seasons. He has also had loan spells with Boreham Wood and Port Vale.
Might be useful up front?
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #694 on: January 26, 2022, 19:07:55 pm »

You think £100k would cut it??

I mean....most seem to have forgotten that we received £300k for Caleb Chukwuemeka just five months ago and then received a further payment when he made his debut, and we also received a further sum of money under the EPP when Carney made his Premier League debut. Its also possible that we received an add on when Goode made his PL debut earlier this season too.

So with all that money coming to us, and then to see we are still scratching around for loan players in the last week before the window shuts, even if he could donate I doubt that Shooeys £100k would bring much in.....  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #695 on: January 26, 2022, 19:22:08 pm »

Can he play left back just in case?

Alas, a Posh reporter is quoted in the Chron as saying about Kanu that "there have been flashes of potential though, mainly from the right wing-back position where his natural speed and athleticism served him well."

Square pegs and all that...?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 26, 2022, 19:42:45 pm »

Waste of ink
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #697 on: January 26, 2022, 20:02:21 pm »

Kanu could prove to be a decent signing as long as we're not
relying on him to be the lone striker/Etete replacement.

I'd like to see him playing in the three behind the striker along
with Hoskins and Pinnock: that could be a dangerous combination
at this level.

What we desperately need IMO, is a targetman: preferably a mobile
one, but above all else someone who can provide a physical presence
up top and link the play. IMO, he doesn't need to be particularly prolific himself - let's face it Etete wasn't - although that would be a bonus. At this point I would take more or less any proper lower league striker: Akinde, Hylton - any proper 'man footballer' (to quote the great Garry Johnson) who could give us a bit of menace up top.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 26, 2022, 20:04:14 pm »

The starting line up and formation against Salford on Saturday should be fascinating. If there are no other movements in or out by then I'm assuming Kanu up front. Continuing believing Rose is the answer has surely been answered already. No.

I notice Kabamba continued his no scoring form for Woking last Saturday (as a sub) and last night (whole match).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 20:18:03 pm by CobblerForever » Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 26, 2022, 20:21:04 pm »

A targetman from Saturdays opponents perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: