The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:58:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 94708 times)
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #800 on: January 28, 2022, 10:51:56 am »

apparently according to JH, "Funds haven't been the issue with the players they've missed"
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #801 on: January 28, 2022, 11:02:30 am »

What pond have we been fishing in…… interesting Twitter post by JH. John Marquis to Lincoln springs to mind….
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #802 on: January 28, 2022, 11:11:46 am »

apparently according to JH, "Funds haven't been the issue with the players they've missed"

Manwork says it is though, and he said FACT so it must be true
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #803 on: January 28, 2022, 11:17:49 am »

Manwork says it is though, and he said FACT so it must be true
The chron prints what the club tells them, I refer to my previous post on IQs.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3481

« Reply #804 on: January 28, 2022, 11:20:09 am »

The chron prints what the club tells them, I refer to my previous post on IQs.
That's good. With your insight you are regarded as being one of the people with the highest IQ's of everyone here too
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #805 on: January 28, 2022, 11:20:52 am »

He has to work within the existing budget, which is lower mid table FACT.

How do you know the budget fella? Just asking like.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #806 on: January 28, 2022, 11:21:58 am »

I’m very surprised we didn’t take a punt on this young local fella…. Did our scouting network have him on the radar or did Southend simply pay more 💰..

https://twitter.com/ktfcofficial/status/1487033000311328770?s=21
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 28, 2022, 11:31:50 am »

I’m very surprised we didn’t take a punt on this young local fella…. Did our scouting network have him on the radar or did Southend simply pay more 💰..

https://twitter.com/ktfcofficial/status/1487033000311328770?s=21

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...ignoring the fact we had him in the youth team...this is the type of signing we have to be making now...we have to take a punt before they get to the conference, because when that happens and they prove themselves, we will get out-muscled by bigger budgets ala Tshimanga. It might not have fully worked out with players like Warburton (who did at least show a glimpse of quality) but that is not a reason to never try.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #808 on: January 28, 2022, 11:43:29 am »

Spot on....
We've even had The Trust digging at the club that we don't do enough quiz nights to buy new tv's.
It's getting so boring now.
You only need to look at the amount (or lack of) likes that the Facebook posts get to realise it's just not representative of the majority.

Come on Glen, get your facts right, first of all I'm not a Trust board member, so it's not the Trust "Digging at the club". A question, do you think that it's acceptable that the club still want people to spend their money in Carrs Bar, the clubs own sports bar, but yet there is only one TV been working for 7 MONTHS and they can't be arsed to fix the problem. I was told by NTFC that Carrs Bars is as popular as ever, as someone who goes in there every game, that sounds like a quote from Boris Johnson as its definitely not. I would really much prefer to spend my money in Carrs than a big brewer getting their hands on, but, at the moment, it feels like the p*ss is being taken.
I was pointing out that there are lots of ways NTFC could get more use out of their limited facilities, but you move it around to the Trust digging at the club. I'm sure that every time you post something you would get p*ssed of if any replies came back mentioning "The Towel Salesman"
   Time to start reading and digesting the contents of what people post instead of linking posters to what they've done in the past  
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #809 on: January 28, 2022, 11:44:36 am »

Billy Waters, Rickie Korboa?

I agree that we should try but its still not easy. Billy Waters has a similar scoring record this season as the lad who has just gone to Rochdale for over £100k. His record in league foorball is arguably superior. If we made an offer today for say £150K can you imagine the reaction.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #810 on: January 28, 2022, 11:50:37 am »

I agree that we should try but its still not easy. Billy Waters has a similar scoring record this season as the lad who has just gone to Rochdale for over £100k. His record in league foorball is arguably superior. If we made an offer today for say £150K can you imagine the reaction.
It’s not the same though is it, we know Billy Waters isn’t good enough at league level so quite rightly the reaction would be negative.
What we need is a target hold up player that can chip in with a few goals to fit into Brady’s modus operandi.
Danny Hylton for instance.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #811 on: January 28, 2022, 11:50:59 am »

Worrying noises coming out of Brady again about not 'panic buying in the final days of the window'.

With only one fit 'striker' on the books you'd hope a little bit of panic is setting in if we are serious about going up!

Whenever Brady speaks he says he's not going to sign a player that isn't going to improve us or isn't the right fit.

Putting it frankly the forwards we have on the books have managed 2 goals in 64 appearances. Anyone with a pair of boots would improve us.

That means we are struggling to find someone that is the right fit. What exactly is the right fit? Does it even exist?

Bearing in mind the likes of Kabamba were deemed the right fit a couple of months ago and have since been shown the door. Does Brady even know what he means by the right fit?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #812 on: January 28, 2022, 11:54:10 am »

Worrying noises coming out of Brady again about not 'panic buying in the final days of the window'.

With only one fit 'striker' on the books you'd hope a little bit of panic is setting in if we are serious about going up!

Whenever Brady speaks he says he's not going to sign a player that isn't going to improve us or isn't the right fit.

Putting it frankly the forwards we have on the books have managed 2 goals in 64 appearances. Anyone with a pair of boots would improve us.

That means we are struggling to find someone that is the right fit. What exactly is the right fit? Does it even exist?

Bearing in mind the likes of Kabamba were deemed the right fit a couple of months ago and have since been shown the door. Does Brady even know what he means by the right fit?
Not being contentious but is Brady part of the problem.
I’d suggest that there’s not many people outside of Northamptonshire who’ve ever heard of him.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #813 on: January 28, 2022, 11:56:28 am »

If you take a look at other clubs forums nearly all are saying "we still need this or that type of player before the window closes". It is the same every transfer window you get a trickle of signings each day and then on the very last day the number of transfers almost equals the total number to date.
I think too much is being made of Martin Foyle leaving when you look at all of the business done in the summer. Presumably he was responsible for our signings from Scotland and Guthrie, McGowan and Pinnock have been very good, however Kabamba has now left on loan and Connolly so far has not established himself but has suffered with covid.
The  others I would rate as a success are Roberts, Etete and Koiki. Maxted is ok as back up 'keeper. Flores has featured very little. Lewis has had good games and bad games. Nelson never got going because of injury. Obviously we don't know what input Foyle had on the non Scottish transfers but I rate 6 out of the 12 as successes.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 28, 2022, 11:56:34 am »

None of those two were the type of players I meant...Korboa was a lot lower in the pyramid and went straight in at L1 (and still scored twice), and Waters was signed from a L2 team. I mean specifically National League North/South level that have had a good couple of seasons with potential/second chance that we can improve. Fraser Horsfall (even though he had half a season with Macclesfield) is an example, he had two good seasons with Kidderminster in NLN.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 28, 2022, 12:04:57 pm »

FGR have signed Kasey McAteer on loan from Leicester, been in and around the first team on the bench...born in Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #816 on: January 28, 2022, 12:12:03 pm »

Fûck me your grasping at straws.
The board have pulled the plug.
And who would blame them given the constant spanners being thrown in the way of progress  to their business plan by the same people moaning about fund raising for a TV.
I'd be off asap if it was me.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #817 on: January 28, 2022, 12:16:19 pm »

FGR have signed Kasey McAteer on loan from Leicester, been in and around the first team on the bench...born in Northampton.

Grin

Another one goes from under our noses.

Probably wasn't the right fit for us...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #818 on: January 28, 2022, 12:21:16 pm »

Come on Glen, get your facts right, first of all I'm not a Trust board member, so it's not the Trust "Digging at the club". A question, do you think that it's acceptable that the club still want people to spend their money in Carrs Bar, the clubs own sports bar, but yet there is only one TV been working for 7 MONTHS and they can't be arsed to fix the problem. I was told by NTFC that Carrs Bars is as popular as ever, as someone who goes in there every game, that sounds like a quote from Boris Johnson as its definitely not. I would really much prefer to spend my money in Carrs than a big brewer getting their hands on, but, at the moment, it feels like the p*ss is being taken.
I was pointing out that there are lots of ways NTFC could get more use out of their limited facilities, but you move it around to the Trust digging at the club. I'm sure that every time you post something you would get p*ssed of if any replies came back mentioning "The Towel Salesman"
   Time to start reading and digesting the contents of what people post instead of linking posters to what they've done in the past  
How is not having a TV on the wall taking the pi$$?
Honestly, I couldn't give a toss about the towel comment, I provided an item that DC wouldn't.
I am just bored of so many negative comments and digs regardless of being a board member, a trust member or in the case of some... Just a feckin member full stop.
Every month there seems to be something attacking the club from various posters and it's getting worse.
Thank fully, there are still some people in this world who see things from a positive point of view.

My view:
125 years in the football League.
Some fantastic memories with great people.
The biggest seated capacity we've ever had with the chance of corporate boxes still possible if the spanner stops getting thrown.
That's it.

Meanwhile, back at the transfer window..... Some signings made who've yet to even kick a ball.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #819 on: January 28, 2022, 12:35:13 pm »

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Wasn’t quite breaking through but a regular on the bench with a couple of cameos. For a local lad and as an old school friends son I hope he shines.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: