The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 01:08:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Brady Bunch v Barrow Boys

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Bunch v Barrow Boys  (Read 12633 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2022, 16:50:53 pm »

Hes been anonymous for weeks

When was the last game you actually attended? Just a query so not inviting argument or extreme hostility Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2022, 16:51:04 pm »

The problem we have is that we are too bloody predictable!

We've heard for weeks/months that we play in the way we do with the formation we do because that's what we are limited to by the squad we have. Transfer window comes, we get a fair few new players in and what happens? We play the same bloody way with the same bloody formation!

We had a spell of 4-4-2 earlier in the season....but it was every single game and we got found out, then we switched to 4-5-1 for every single game and we've been found out again! Teams do not have to try and work out what we do because its blindingly obvious, surprised if anyone comes to scout our games any more..... there is no plan B.

Mix it up a bit, stop worrying about the opposition, play some football, be on the front foot....let the opposition worry about us rather than stifle us.

We are 5th in the league.....but lets face it, its a pretty crap league! Can we count on the fingers of more than one hand the number of games where we have played well...I mean really well and easily won a game?

I'm still waiting for the "bums off seats" football...... 27 games into the season now, and we have new personnel..... lets see some action!!

Two goals in five games against illustrious opponents such as Crawley, Sutton and Barrow is not good enough!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2022, 16:59:45 pm »

We've heard for weeks/months that we play in the way we do with the formation we do because that's what we are limited to by the squad we have. Transfer window comes, we get a fair few new players in and what happens? We play the same bloody way with the same bloody formation!

We had a spell of 4-4-2 earlier in the season....but it was every single game and we got found out, then we switched to 4-5-1 for every single game and we've been found out again! Teams do not have to try and work out what we do because its blindingly obvious, surprised if anyone comes to scout our games any more..... there is no plan B.

Mix it up a bit, stop worrying about the opposition, play some football, be on the front foot....let the opposition worry about us rather than stifle us.

We are 5th in the league.....but lets face it, its a pretty crap league! Can we count on the fingers of more than one hand the number of games where we have played well...I mean really well and easily won a game?

I'm still waiting for the "bums off seats" football...... 27 games into the season now, and we have new personnel..... lets see some action!!

Two goals in five games against illustrious opponents such as Crawley, Sutton and Barrow is not good enough!

Totally agree, although we didn't actually score any against the 3 mentioned!!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2022, 17:16:08 pm »

Blimey, we didn’t!! I just looked at the last five games and the opponents….we should just stick to playing the better teams!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2022, 17:20:10 pm »

It is not too hard to follow your comments (in bold) at least as some of it may well be partly correct. Regarding the flowing fancy Dan football you aspire to is a bit of a forlorn hope especially in League 2. One example of that dream is Exeter City who may not even make the Play offs. Unfortunately it may take a few weeks and hits to see the newcomers assembled into a decent side! Barrow even for me were an ok side difficult to break down and reading some previous reports on their matches seemed to impress certainly in the first third of the season! Crawley were and still on a good run and for Sutton the league does not lie! Personally I do support the current Management but do you?

Personally I do, I have posted as much in another thread or maybe it was earlier in this one! Brady coached my lad for months at his academy.
I also said before that he had a decent window, moved some out, brought some in and works within a budget.
All I am saying is that it is now time to evolve. I’m not asking for fancy Dan football, I’m asking for something more exciting than we are seeing at the moment, and have seen for the majority of games this season.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2022, 17:22:14 pm »

Personally I do, I have posted as much in another thread or maybe it was earlier in this one! Brady coached my lad for months at his academy.
I also said before that he had a decent window, moved some out, brought some in and works within a budget.
All I am saying is that it is now time to evolve. I’m not asking for fancy Dan football, I’m asking for something more exciting than we are seeing at the moment, and have seen for the majority of games this season.

+

Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2022, 17:33:02 pm »

When was the last game you actually attended? Just a query so not inviting argument or extreme hostility Cool
Last night was the last game i attended, and saturday was the last game before that. As a season ticket holder, why wouldnt i ?
Ive pretty much watched every away game on i follow this season , so probably seen more than you have
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2022, 17:36:30 pm »

I'd say 5th in the league (with a length spell in 2nd/3rd) constitutes a pretty good half-season.

Up until now 4-2-3-1 has simply suited our personnel. We have two good defensive midfielders (McWilliams, Sowerby) and two wide players who work best as inverted wide forwards rather than out-and-out wingers (Pinnock and Hoskins).

The big spanner in the works was the loss of Etete which robbed us of the lone frontman who linked the play, ran the channels and generally made everything work up top. Can Appere fill that space? Time will tell. I'd give it a few games and then try a new formation.

I think 4-4-2 would be a massive mistake and we'd look even more pedestrian. However, wing-backs in a 5-3-2/3-4-3 could work very well. Koiki has all the attributes to be a absolutely killer wing-back at this level and MacGowan is also very good going forward. Magloire would add pace to what is already probably the best CB partnership in the division. Something like this might be very tasty:

Roberts

Macgowan  Horsfall Guthrie. Magloire. Koki

McWilliams         Sowerby
                                          Pinnock

Lubala       Appere

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2022, 17:38:21 pm »

Last night was the last game i attended, and saturday was the last game before that. As a season ticket holder, why wouldnt i ?
Ive pretty much watched every away game on i follow this season , so probably seen more than you have

+ Very good.
You are not too far away from Walsall Cool.   Personally was very disappointed with the display last night- very poor!
Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2022, 17:43:45 pm »

+ Very good.
You are not too far away from Walsall Cool.   Personally was very disappointed with the display last night- very poor!
unfortunately my son is performing at Cripps NSB on saturday , that trumps the Cobblers every time , next aways will be Stevenage, Leyton orient and Oldham
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2022, 17:44:20 pm »

To be fair, my bum hasn't actually been on a seat at Sixfields since 1994...the Watford cup game aside, when I was in the East Stand and York City around 98 time, sat in the away end.
Crowds have been fairly impressive recently if compared to mid-nineties.
Programme last night has look back to Cardiff City at Sixfields, New Year's Day in 97. Attendance; Me and 4,415 others, around 300 Cardiff from memory, less than the usual travelling support from South Wales.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2022, 21:15:32 pm »

Oh & what on earth does it take for Hoskins to be benched ....I would have, in the past, defended him , but recently he has been abysmal !

He has done ok and at the moment I think he is our leading scorer. In Sat game he got an outstanding ovation when he was subbed. Can only assume you were there?
Report Spam   Logged

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2022, 21:37:49 pm »

Oh & what on earth does it take for Hoskins to be benched ....I would have, in the past, defended him , but recently he has been abysmal !

Very harsh comment, as recently as Saturday he was excellent, the distance he covered in that game might explain why he looked jaded last night.

We all know Sam's failings but it's plain to see he cares about the club. He may not be good enough in any one position to make it his own but his versatility makes him an essential part of our squad.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2022, 22:00:04 pm »

To be fair, my bum hasn't actually been on a seat at Sixfields since 1994...the Watford cup game aside, when I was in the East Stand and York City around 98 time, sat in the away end.
Crowds have been fairly impressive recently if compared to mid-nineties.
Programme last night has look back to Cardiff City at Sixfields, New Year's Day in 97. Attendance; Me and 4,415 others, around 300 Cardiff from memory, less than the usual travelling support from South Wales.

Coolie that's an astonishing revelation - but really............... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2022, 22:22:30 pm »

unfortunately my son is performing at Cripps NSB on saturday , that trumps the Cobblers every time , next aways will be Stevenage, Leyton orient and Oldham

Not sure about Oldham as every time I go there its so damn cold!
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2022, 09:53:21 am »

The 5-2 win was quite pleasant!
To be honest, there are the usual myths and stereotypes perpetuated by players, management and fans alike...
Hartlepool is a tough place to go... always freezing at Gillingham/Oldham/Hartlepool...
Been to all three when it's been warm.

The fact that they are s***holes is I think beyond dispute though!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2022, 10:03:05 am »

The 5-2 win was quite pleasant!
To be honest, there are the usual myths and stereotypes perpetuated by players, management and fans alike...
Hartlepool is a tough place to go... always freezing at Gillingham/Oldham/Hartlepool...
Been to all three when it's been warm.

The fact that they are s***holes is I think beyond dispute though!  Grin

Absolutely, utter toilets, the lot of them. I especially dislike Gillingham with its high street that stinks of urine. We always play a game of "count the abandoned sofas/mattresses" in the streets around the ground. I think my, um, favourite Gillingham memory (if that's the right word) is of leaving the ground after the game and seeing one of the natives pìssing into someone's doorway while swigging from a can of Stella. 5pm on a Saturday evening. Class.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2022, 11:23:27 am »

It‘s the east wind and sad karma coming from Saddleworth Moor.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2022, 11:40:10 am »

We always play a game of "count the abandoned sofas/mattresses" in the streets around the ground.

I've just discovered that thanks to Google Sreet View you can have all the fun of this game without having to go to Gillingham! So far I've found 2 sofas, an armchair, two broken bedframes and a microwave, but sadly only one mattress (and that was in a skip so I'm not sure it counts).

It's like a downmarket version of The Generation Game. Cuddly toy! Cuddly toy! Grin

Edit: Carlton Avenue has another sofa and around the corner in Fourth Avenue there's a whole 3 piece suite in one front garden. There's hours of fun to be had here if you're in isolation...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:48:41 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2022, 11:45:45 am »

Absolutely, utter toilets, the lot of them. I especially dislike Gillingham with its high street that stinks of urine. We always play a game of "count the abandoned sofas/mattresses" in the streets around the ground. I think my, um, favourite Gillingham memory (if that's the right word) is of leaving the ground after the game and seeing one of the natives pìssing into someone's doorway while swigging from a can of Stella. 5pm on a Saturday evening. Class.
I was asked by some vagrant after a game at Gills to hold his half smoked roll up while he went into a shop. For the life of me, don't know why I agreed!
Down there twice in four days back in the early Nineties. 3-2 win on the opening day of the season (warm to be fair) and back down for the League Cup 1st Rd 1st leg...we lost!
The Live & Let Live micro pub is decent to be fair.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: