The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 07:23:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Geema is missing

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geema is missing  (Read 5715 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 12:12:59 pm »

RIP mate, a long time I have known you, and your brolly and squeaky boots. For the record, his first names were James, and Brian in that order, as he didnt like the name James, and some dyslexic kid at school, could not pronounce it. The record is now straight.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2022, 12:13:21 pm »

Fabulous post Shoey.
Maybe something that Tom could coordinate/ champion?
Tom is the supporter’s representative and there are no better known and “loved” supporters than Gemma?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 12:14:57 pm »

Fabulous post Shoey.
Maybe something that Tom could coordinate/ champion?
Tom is the supporter’s representative and there are no better known and “loved” supporters than Gemma?

Got in just before me Jim. Couldn't agree more, great post Shoemaker.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 12:17:37 pm »

We’re losing some of the characters that make up the rich tapestry of our support, Turbo and now Geema/Jeema. Very sad news indeed.

I remember him from some time back, when he was a bit more sociable 😀 For a short while, he sat a few seats away from the group I sit with. Totally synonymous with the Cobblers. I can even remember the chants of his name. Goodbye fellow Cobbler… You’ll be as remembered as much as any of our greats…
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 12:30:24 pm »

That really is a great post from Shoey. It inspired me to dig out a couple of references I'd made to him in the past...

I was in the "Jeema Zone" yesterday (kind of like the Splash Zone at Sea World but swearier). To say that he was unhappy with our performance would be an understatement, but most worthy of note was his tirade against Dagenham just before half time - he shouted a 10 word sentence, the only word of which that wasn't an obscenity being "Dagenham"!
The sight and sound of him in full flow is truly awe inspiring. He's like an x rated force of nature.

and my personal favourite:

I'm still in awe of the time he sat in front of me at Oxford and some poor young lad, probably about 14 or so and evidently getting to the game a bit late, walked over and asked if the seat next to Jeema was free.
"Course it is, sit yourself down lad." replied Jeema.

The kid sat down and about 5 seconds later,  Jeema turns to him and says "What do you think of that f***ing bald f***ing c*nt in defence for them? F***ing c*nt he is."
He then stood up and started yelling "YEAH, YOU, YOU F***ING BALD C*NT! BALD TW*T!"

Surprisingly, the kid disappeared at half time and didn't come back.

Add to those Geema Day (which I seem to remember he didn't appreciate!) and the "Geema is the son of God" chant and you have some pretty special memories that are intrinsically linked with following the Cobblers away.

Like Shoey I "knew" him without actually knowing him, but it's characters like him that really add to the experience of following a lower league football club, and future away days will be that little bit less interesting without him being there.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 12:54:48 pm »

Brian had style!
He did indeed.
Always made John Cooper Clarke look like a fcuking amateur and on his day was just as funny.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2022, 13:21:16 pm »

End of an era - coincidently my first recollection of meeting him was in a pub at Farringdon en route to Swindon in the late 70's
Has to be said, never the happiest of fellow & could shock a docker with his language but a cobbler through and through and anyone who has travelled home and away would know him and there are not that many supporters that were that well known to so many people - its slightly bizarre but a Geema statue would really make a statement about a true supporter - RIP mate.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 18:17:35 pm by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2022, 13:33:48 pm »

RIP

Like many others I didn't know him personally but will always remember him from away games in particular. I have also seen him in Kingsthorpe on numerous occasions, always dressed in his traditional clothing with umbrella and shoes. Another loyal supporter is lost - a sad day.     
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2022, 13:56:20 pm »

First met Brian back in the 60's when a "regular" group of us used to get the Supporters Club coach from 195 Abington Avenue, he was, relatively quiet back then.
         The group included Bob Souster, Denis Barter, Alan Hall, Steve Jackson and another long lost legend "Moondust"
   RIP Brian, a total one off !
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2022, 14:20:01 pm »

Geema 3:16 - the umbrella is a sign.

RIP. Having a pìss at away games will never be the same without him standing next to you, cursing and swearing to no one in particular about the useless bunch of c**ts on the pitch, even if we were a couple of goals up!!

Always remember standing next to him at the urinal at an away game years ago: I can't remember who we were playing but we were 0-4 up and mid-piss I said something along the lines of it being a great performance. He turned to me with a scowl on his face and said "Should have been f***ing 7 or 8". Priceless. A true fan and someone you knew, even if you didn't. RIP.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2022, 15:32:09 pm »

I was sad to hear of Jeema's passing.

I happened to sit behind him on the CISC coach for my first ever away game (a 5-1 loss at Bournemouth). Me and my mates were fascinated by his constant swearing into the coach window the entire way home.

I got to know him better some years later as he often was around for our post-match pub crawls, heading into town after home games. There are some great stories and it seems like many have great memories.

I'm not sure if it was an urban myth but some said he never had a season ticket and got his tickets on a game-by-game basis. He wasn't best pleased at being turned away from a few all-ticket games although often helped out by others.

A real unique character, the sort which are the lifeblood of our great club.

RIP Jeema
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2022, 16:30:21 pm »

I was sad to hear of Jeema's passing.

I happened to sit behind him on the CISC coach for my first ever away game (a 5-1 loss at Bournemouth). Me and my mates were fascinated by his constant swearing into the coach window the entire way home.

I got to know him better some years later as he often was around for our post-match pub crawls, heading into town after home games. There are some great stories and it seems like many have great memories.

I'm not sure if it was an urban myth but some said he never had a season ticket and got his tickets on a game-by-game basis. He wasn't best pleased at being turned away from a few all-ticket games although often helped out by others.

A real unique character, the sort which are the lifeblood of our great club.

RIP Jeema
That bit about him not being a season ticket holder is also what I understood.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2022, 16:36:50 pm »

Huge shame this. Should have won the supporter of the year award years ago
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2022, 16:43:05 pm »

Huge shame this. Should have won the supporter of the year award years ago
That’s a very good point
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2022, 16:50:19 pm »

Rip Jeema.

Statues are a bit expensive, but how about a portrait / mural on the wall of Carrs Bar to look down on all those discussing The Mighty Cobblers on a match day. If only there was a Cobblers supporting artist who knows the legend of Jeema and who has experience of painting murals in Carrs Bar who could help.....

If there is to be some fundraising, perhaps get in touch with Kevin Ellison, certainly from my experience of sitting near Jeema at Morecambe, he held him in very high regard and I am sure the feeling was mutual.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
NTFC87

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Apple User
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2022, 16:50:59 pm »

R.I.P  does anyone know when his funeral is he deserves a good send off surely
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2022, 16:58:00 pm »

R.I.P  does anyone know when his funeral is he deserves a good send off surely

Good call. I'm sure there'll be a good turn out.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Apple User
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2022, 17:14:29 pm »

Hope so as said he was marmite but he was claret and white marmite and will be missed R.I.P
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2022, 17:35:05 pm »

A real character and Cobblers through and through.
He always seemed to be there - but my foremost memory is of a van trip to Peterborough in 1985 I think, when we won 5-0. Other luminaries such as Arthur and my old friend Brian Wilmott - who sadly died recently too - were onboard too. Imagine the jubilation and post game drinking ( and we had had a skinful before the game). I think Geema enjoyed himself despite being the butt of a lot of jokes and "horseplay".
I think the Cobblers were pretty much his life, and the world would be sadder place without his like. RIP.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2022, 17:41:44 pm »

A real character and Cobblers through and through.
He always seemed to be there - but my foremost memory is of a van trip to Peterborough in 1985 I think, when we won 5-0. Other luminaries such as Arthur and my old friend Brian Wilmott - who sadly died recently too - were onboard too. Imagine the jubilation and post game drinking ( and we had had a skinful before the game). I think Geema enjoyed himself despite being the butt of a lot of jokes and "horseplay".
I think the Cobblers were pretty much his life, and the world would be sadder place without his like. RIP.

Was it Brian who drove a claret VW van to away games?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: