The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:17:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Djokovic and his exemption.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Djokovic and his exemption.  (Read 2909 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 11:56:04 am »

After the cricket I'm glad the Aussie's are royally f*cking this up.
I hope he wins it and then gets done back in Serbia. Either that or they are going to boot him out for the next three years.

Think he is about to speak and with trouble brewing he may as well get on the next plane back!

They've made some of our decision making look a bit better anyway!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 22:27:02 pm »

Absolute shambles. The view here is that the ATP should have made the decision regarding vaccination status in the first place. They bottled it and then the Victorian government bottled it as well. Then the border force, clearly under pressure didn’t follow fair process. Now the government is in the position of either cancelling the visa or severely damaging their chances of re-election. Despite a few tennis fans and people of Serbian decent no one wants him here and people are furious. The non stop talk is why people have been stuck overseas and in other states for months on end not allowed to return home and all the other stuff that goes with it, and a tennis player walks in. Additionally the AFL have ruled that all players must be vaccinated with a no jab no play policy. That will also now be open to challenge if he is allowed to stay along with a huge accompanying list. The opposition government are staying ominously quiet. They clearly want the government to let him in as it will be a heaven sent election opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 05:22:53 am »

It doesn't matter who, what, why, where, when. It's normally one rule for the rich and famous/privileged, one rule for the rest of us. Look at the tory government and their lockdown protocol...... Awaits the usual suspects.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 05:34:44 am »

It doesn't matter who, what, why, where, when. It's normally one rule for the rich and famous/privileged, one rule for the rest of us. Look at the tory government and their lockdown protocol...... Awaits the usual suspects.

Keep the subject on Djokovic and Australia, there are enough threads about the rest... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 08:21:09 am »

It’s turning into a real soap opera now. Apparently Djokovic tested positive and then went trotting around Serbia mask less at various events and was photographed doing so. Trouble is apparently it is the law in Serbia to isolate for 14 days after a positive result. Then upon entry into Australia he submitted the traveller declaration card and in the section that asked if he had travelled anywhere over the last 14 days and he answered no. There is a picture of what appears to be the offending document that has been leaked to the media. The newspapers have pictures of him in a training camp just after new Year in Spain. So he has broken the law in Australia as well by giving false statements on the entry form. Also it’s being reported that he travelled to Spain when technically he should have been isolating in Serbia, potentially putting Spanish civilians at risk. If true it’s possible he has also broken Spanish law. If this is all confirmed it will be interesting to see how it goes. He is looking at a 3 year exclusion from Australia, it’s been suggested that the Serbian leader will be asked to issue an unreserved apology to Australia and there’s talk that the Australian government will demand action against him by the governing bodies of Tennis. If true given he’s 34 this may be a career defining moment for him. That’s the rumours anyway.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:23:46 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 11:02:53 am »

Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss whether he plays or not?  I won't be watching either way as I think tennis is boring to say the least.

Having said that he should be treated the same as the overseas cricketers are in the Big Bash. We had the weird scenario when the Melbourne Stars signed  Andre Russell and Qais Ahmed who were allowed to play but for ten days couldn't sit with their team mates or each other so we had the bizarre situation where most of the team  where in the dug out with Russell,on a chair two metres away and Ahmed two metres further away. We also had a situation when Russell was hit with the ball and went to ground but no one could come to him to ask if he was ok. Weird.

The Perth Scorchers are not allowed to play in Perth and the football team Perth Glory haven't played for weeks as no one is allowed into Western Australia.  Their rules are far stricter than ours with a fraction of the cases.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 15:04:46 pm »

Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss whether he plays or not?  I won't be watching either way as I think tennis is boring to say the least.

Having said that he should be treated the same as the overseas cricketers are in the Big Bash.

I was with you about tennis being boring until you started about cricket  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 06:19:56 am »

Novak's visa has been revoked again
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 06:30:58 am »

Good!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 07:11:58 am »

Staring down the barrel of a 3 year ban, and they will almost undoubtably enforce it. At 34 this probably signals the end of his Australian Open career. Pity he doesn't read this thread, I warned him. However, irrespective of the disruption to the tournament and the other players expect Djokovic to appeal. What this whole saga has identified is that in in the world of  Novak Djokovic, only Novak matters. Given his conduct immediately prior to the tournament realistically he shouldn't have a chance. However the Australian Courts are almost identical in their competence to the UK courts, so say no more.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 08:51:26 am »

It’s the right decision but makes a refreshing change to hearing about covid, Boris’ disco and Prince Andrew.
It’ll open the door for someone else to win.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 09:32:16 am »

At 34 this probably signals the end of his Australian Open career.

Is that a thing?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2022, 10:03:42 am »

I don't think anyone comes out of this well. Djokovic is an AV, and doesn't give a sh1t about anyone other than himself. Very poor behaviour from him and also very disrespectful towards the Australian people, expecting preferential clearance. Plus at 34, its surely gone beyond the point where Mummy and Daddy and co do a press conference and start singing. Good Lord, what a family!

It also does highlight Australia's draconian approach to all things covid. I have real issues with the Ashes tournament and not because we are getting a thumping. We shouldn't have played there, end of. No chance of being able to prepare for it properly, Barmy Army unable to travel etc. Literally everything was set up to disadvantage us, so for me this series is bloody irrelevant.

They also wouldn't stage a grand prix, pulled out of the rugby league world cup etc.

A lot of people over the years have moved to there or New Zealand because its perceived that they are great countries, and everything in the UK is rubbish. Well as far as I'm concerned they can stick their draconian and Nazi style politics up their arses. They don't give a dam about human rights, peoples mental health etc. They've (looking outside in) treated their citizens with utter contempt throughout and yet (in NZ case especially) their governments seem to have been commended for their approach. Fcuk em.

Sorry Melbourn C...please accept my apology for this little rant! Be interested to read your response, as you are over there!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 10:12:01 am »

I don't think anyone comes out of this well. Djokovic is an AV, and doesn't give a sh1t about anyone other than himself. Very poor behaviour from him and also very disrespectful towards the Australian people, expecting preferential clearance. Plus at 34, its surely gone beyond the point where Mummy and Daddy and co do a press conference and start singing. Good Lord, what a family!

It also does highlight Australia's draconian approach to all things covid. I have real issues with the Ashes tournament and not because we are getting a thumping. We shouldn't have played there, end of. No chance of being able to prepare for it properly, Barmy Army unable to travel etc. Literally everything was set up to disadvantage us, so for me this series is bloody irrelevant.

They also wouldn't stage a grand prix, pulled out of the rugby league world cup etc.

A lot of people over the years have moved to there or New Zealand because its perceived that they are great countries, and everything in the UK is rubbish. Well as far as I'm concerned they can stick their draconian and Nazi style politics up their arses. They don't give a dam about human rights, peoples mental health etc. They've (looking outside in) treated their citizens with utter contempt throughout and yet (in NZ case especially) their governments seem to have been commended for their approach. Fcuk em.

Sorry Melbourn C...please accept my apology for this little rant! Be interested to read your response, as you are over there!  Grin
Elements of truth Shane. There are truly wonderful aspects to living in this country and I don’t regret coming here for a moment. That being said as with everything in life there are a few downsides. I certainly wouldn’t call the UK rubbish and don’t know of many expats who would. It’s been interesting to see life from the other side as an immigrant. Personally I don’t think it helps to think as one better than the other, they’re just different. I just like the experience of living and working in other countries, that’s my take anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2022, 10:35:56 am »

Elements of truth Shane. There are truly wonderful aspects to living in this country and I don’t regret coming here for a moment. That being said as with everything in life there are a few downsides. I certainly wouldn’t call the UK rubbish and don’t know of many expats who would. It’s been interesting to see life from the other side as an immigrant. Personally I don’t think it helps to think as one better than the other, they’re just different. I just like the experience of living and working in other countries, that’s my take anyway.

Its really irritated me for the best part of 2 years how both Australia and New Zealand (in particular the latter) have been w@nked over by anyone over here who deems our covid response as being a failure!! Two countries that are totally isolated. I mean, you cant get a dinghy to travel to Oz can you!! Its crazy. So both countries had a massive advantage over the rest of the world for a whole host of different reasons. I also cannot fathom out why they don't just 'get on with it' now and stop the endless cycle of locking everybody up, stopping people travelling in and out etc. It surely must be p1ssing off even the most pro government people there, surely?!

I've got nothing against either country, I've had two friends that have emigrated to Oz and both love it as well. I'm just purely citing politics, that's all. I think our government here (England) has been utterly dreadful in recent times but the one thing they have tried to do is keep the country open post vaccine, where as in Wales and Scotland (where they have separate politics) they have done the opposite, stopping people going too football, nightclubs etc. For me, once the vaccine rollout was done, people have to make their own risk management. The extreme lefties who prefer to live in a North Korean style state seem to think that the governments role is only to protect its people. Bullsh1t. Its roll is to provide opportunity and freedom. If I hear that woman from NZ say 'my team of 5 million' again I swear to God Ill kick the tv in!! How she gets positive press is beyond me. She's a complete and utter control freak.

Thanks for the response by the way. Im gonna get back to doing some work. Despite having bloody covid myself at the minute (no symptoms)!!!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:38 am »

Good luck with the Covid mate. My view is that this Covid thing came from nowhere and was thrust upon every government at a moments notice turning every process, procedure and plan on its head. Trying to sort that lot out and protect everyone at a moment’s notice would have been a nightmare. As a result there would be different strategies and the like employed to tackle it and there was always going to be plenty of mistakes. I happen to think most governments have done ok given the circumstances. Certainly not without their faults, but ok.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 12:33:27 pm »

Its really irritated me for the best part of 2 years how both Australia and New Zealand (in particular the latter) have been w@nked over by anyone over here who deems our covid response as being a failure!! Two countries that are totally isolated. I mean, you cant get a dinghy to travel to Oz can you!! Its crazy. So both countries had a massive advantage over the rest of the world for a whole host of different reasons. I also cannot fathom out why they don't just 'get on with it' now and stop the endless cycle of locking everybody up, stopping people travelling in and out etc. It surely must be p1ssing off even the most pro government people there, surely?!

I've got nothing against either country, I've had two friends that have emigrated to Oz and both love it as well. I'm just purely citing politics, that's all. I think our government here (England) has been utterly dreadful in recent times but the one thing they have tried to do is keep the country open post vaccine, where as in Wales and Scotland (where they have separate politics) they have done the opposite, stopping people going too football, nightclubs etc. For me, once the vaccine rollout was done, people have to make their own risk management. The extreme lefties who prefer to live in a North Korean style state seem to think that the governments role is only to protect its people. Bullsh1t. Its roll is to provide opportunity and freedom. If I hear that woman from NZ say 'my team of 5 million' again I swear to God Ill kick the tv in!! How she gets positive press is beyond me. She's a complete and utter control freak.

Thanks for the response by the way. Im gonna get back to doing some work. Despite having bloody covid myself at the minute (no symptoms)!!!  Grin Grin

Actually yes you can and many do.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 14:48:38 pm »

Good!

🤣
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2022, 22:17:55 pm »

Do you really think that Omicron or Delta arrived here on a dinghy or do you actually think it arrived on one of the 100s of flights allowed to land before the government thought it might be an idea to curb inbound flights?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2022, 13:46:52 pm »

Do you really think that Omicron or Delta arrived here on a dinghy or do you actually think it arrived on one of the 100s of flights allowed to land before the government thought it might be an idea to curb inbound flights?

I was using that as an analogy to make the point that its far easier for them to close their borders because they are so isolated. As for the flights, yep at the time it was obvious that we should have quickly closed our borders, like many other countries did before us. However, after the vaccination roll out, it seems VERY draconian to me to continue closing borders like Oz and New Zealand have. That's my view, I wasn't anti lockdown before the vaccination but I certainly am now.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: