The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 16:08:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The are we going up Thread!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The are we going up Thread!  (Read 42714 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2022, 21:18:48 pm »

That was a tough one to call tonight in terms of what was best for us. I'll take that result though because Mansfield were looking ominous with a great run and games in hand this uses up one of those games and breaks their run. Tranmere are still behind us having played an extra game, so at least with them it's in our own hands.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2022, 21:30:46 pm »

Yeah probably the best result for us tonight. Ends Mansfield's run and they have a tough run in playing FGR twice and an in balance of home/away games. Hopefully they will go on a sticky run now. We have a game in hand on Tranmere.
Report Spam   Logged
olivernt

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2022, 21:37:03 pm »

Not to sure which result I wanted.

A draw/or Tranmere win.

Didn’t want Mansfield win (as Mansfield has games in hand)

I’ll take the result.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2022, 21:42:35 pm »

i think i'd have taken the draw as the best result for us......anyway.....

Saturdays games involving the promotion hopefuls are: (down to 11th placed Salford by virtue of their games in hand)

BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Harrogate Town
Carlisle United  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
EXETER CITY  v  SALFORD CITY
FOREST GREEN ROVERS  v  Bradford City
PORT VALE  v  Crawley Town
Stevenage  v  NEWPORT COUNTY
SWINDON TOWN  v  Oldham Athletic
Walsall  v  SUTTON UNITED
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2022, 05:14:27 am »

i think i'd have taken the draw as the best result for us......anyway.....

Saturdays games involving the promotion hopefuls are: (down to 11th placed Salford by virtue of their games in hand)

BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Harrogate Town
Carlisle United  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
EXETER CITY  v  SALFORD CITY
FOREST GREEN ROVERS  v  Bradford City
PORT VALE  v  Crawley Town
Stevenage  v  NEWPORT COUNTY
SWINDON TOWN  v  Oldham Athletic
Walsall  v  SUTTON UNITED

Salford could do is a favour there but you'd expect the rest of the contenders to win their games (although Walsall are better than they were and could prove tricky for Sutton).

With everything so congested at the top the pressure is really on us to keep getting results in every game now!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2022, 18:11:02 pm »

Salford could do is a favour there but you'd expect the rest of the contenders to win their games (although Walsall are better than they were and could prove tricky for Sutton).

With everything so congested at the top the pressure is really on us to keep getting results in every game now!

After todays result have no idea where we will finish. Just merely surprised we somehow are still in second place!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2022, 21:12:00 pm »

This time next week we could be as low as 8th or just 2 points from the top. Nobody wants to win this division. Could be the lowest points tally for title winners and top 3 for some time.
We really need to beat Stevenage and take the game to them from the off. They're in dire form whereas Carlisle are on the crest of a wave. Next Saturday will be a very very tough game.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2022, 22:40:27 pm »

Carlisle who would have gone third with a win last night now find themselves in 9th place! Thats what this division is like this season.....

So, on to Tuesday and a full program of fixtures....

BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Colchester United
Carlisle United  v  NEWPORT COUNTY
EXETER CITY  v  Crawley Town
FOREST GREEN  v  Leyton Orient
PORT VALE  v  MANSFIELD TOWN
Stevenage  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
SWINDON TOWN  v  SUTTON UNITED
TRANMERE ROVERS  v  Harrogate Town
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest49

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2022, 22:54:50 pm »

We’d be 10th in league one with our tally.
GPC…we know you meant Mansfield  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2022, 23:19:10 pm »

Quote from:  link=topic=20715.msg459514#msg459514 date=1647129290
We’d be 10th in league one with our tally.
GPC…we know you meant Mansfield  Wink

Oh dear oh dear GPC that defeat at Carlisle is getting too people  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2022, 23:31:45 pm »

If we go up after today/post Christmas run, I'll eat my cobblers shirt.
One minute I think Brady has nailed it, the next I'm left completely frustrated.

In game management, I feel us very poor and has cost us again.

4-4-2 does not work.
Danny Rose does not work.
No idea why we signed Eppiah, who appears to have bags of ability but not used.

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2022, 23:40:17 pm »

No idea why we signed Eppiah, who appears to have bags of ability but not used.

He's injured (another two weeks before he can play again apparently) and we knew we had to be careful with him when we took him om loan.

I think it's obvious funds are quite limited.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2022, 07:58:14 am »

I think it's obvious funds are quite limited.
Yes I have to agree with this, we had Lee Tomlin train with us for 2 weeks but didn't sign him and when he played against us for 20 minutes everyone in the ground could see he was exactly what we need. So you put 2 and 2 together to think why didn't we sign him.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2022, 09:46:14 am »

Yes I have to agree with this, we had Lee Tomlin train with us for 2 weeks but didn't sign him and when he played against us for 20 minutes everyone in the ground could see he was exactly what we need. So you put 2 and 2 together to think why didn't we sign him.

Am not sure everybody will agree with you on Tomlin. Cardiff let him go due to his persistent injury hits and of course exorbitant wages v time on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2022, 10:14:55 am »

Am not sure everybody will agree with you on Tomlin. Cardiff let him go due to his persistent injury hits and of course exorbitant wages v time on the pitch.
OK I'll change that to "Almost everyone", I forgot that you disagree with 95% of the posts on here  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2022, 10:38:28 am »

OK I'll change that to "Almost everyone", I forgot that you disagree with 95% of the posts on here  Smiley

You do get the hump if anybody disagrees with you! Not everybody actually supports your view on Tomlin. Surely we have enough injured or injury prone players who are unable to play. So probably left JB with an easy decision!
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2022, 11:47:01 am »

You do get the hump if anybody disagrees with you! Not everybody actually supports your view on Tomlin. Surely we have enough injured or injury prone players who are unable to play. So probably left JB with an easy decision!
It's a fair bet that everyone doesn't share my view on Tomlin, but of the group of about 12 that meet in our local after each match, everyone agreed that he's just what we need. By the way, you are the only one who has disagreed on here, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, I was posting the opinions of the people I spoke to.
     Have you ever thought about corresponding with a Mr V. Putin of Russia, you 2 would get on great, arguing about everything  Wink The only bloke who likes an argument more than Evers  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2022, 12:04:37 pm »

It's a fair bet that everyone doesn't share my view on Tomlin, but of the group of about 12 that meet in our local after each match, everyone agreed that he's just what we need. By the way, you are the only one who has disagreed on here, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, I was posting the opinions of the people I spoke to.
     Have you ever thought about corresponding with a Mr V. Putin of Russia, you 2 would get on great, arguing about everything  Wink The only bloke who likes an argument more than Evers  Grin

I am simply not prepared to indulge in an argument with you on Tomlin. Yes he is the sort of player we need but at 33 with injury and bit of an odd bod; let alone high wage demand. He failed to make the Walsall squad yesterday due to either illness or calf issue. Apparently he did not train last week Roll Eyes. My opinion is based on JB’s Managerial decision on Tomlin. Reading the Walsall Forum opinion on Tomlin, I think he is right.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2022, 12:21:35 pm »

Has Putin become the new Hitler for internet forums?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2022, 13:21:01 pm »

I am simply not prepared to indulge in an argument with you on Tomlin. Yes he is the sort of player we need
Great, you agree with me !  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: