The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:31:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The are we going up Thread!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The are we going up Thread!  (Read 42355 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2022, 19:30:32 pm »

You need Swindon in there GPC, in fact you may as well put the full fixture list up  Grin
Bradford and Sutton wins on Saturday would be nice and wouldn’t be a shock, although as long as we can win we’ll be OK.

Good spot!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2022, 20:34:40 pm »

I think if you're at the stage that you are relying on other results for us to go up you might as well admit defeat now.
We are the only architects of our future.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2022, 21:46:00 pm »

I think if you're at the stage that you are relying on other results for us to go up you might as well admit defeat now.
We are the only architects of our future.

Quite right Singer Quite right.

Pretty sure that the majority of support will agree with the above statement; as for other teams the worriers (am one!) will eagerly look for favourable results. It is what some or even most will do!

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3481

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2022, 08:11:02 am »

Someone posted on Twitter about our friends in Stevenage. Could really do with them having the 'new manager bounce' as their next two games are Mansfield and Exeter

Apologies Deepcut, just saw your same post on the Stevenage thread
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2022, 09:27:44 am »

Someone posted on Twitter about our friends in Stevenage. Could really do with them having the 'new manager bounce' as their next two games are Mansfield and Exeter

Apologies Deepcut, just saw your same post on the Stevenage thread

I hadn't seen the one on Twitter and it wasn't me.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2022, 09:46:32 am »

Quite right Singer Quite right.

Pretty sure that the majority of support will agree with the above statement; as for other teams the worriers (am one!) will eagerly look for favourable results. It is what some or even most will do!

I agree with you. The key word in my post is "relying", if it gets to that stage then we are in deep do do.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2022, 21:05:23 pm »

Rather surprisingly Newport County are currently losing 1-2 at home to Hartlepool.
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2022, 21:16:48 pm »

Good Evening…

Yes, I’m watching and Newport are not playing well at all. Usual story, when expected to win it goes pear shaped. Hartlepool look big and strong and are dominating all over the pitch. A draw will be a bonus at this stage

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2022, 21:20:38 pm »

2-2 now.
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2022, 21:22:13 pm »

2-3
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2022, 21:27:02 pm »

Rather surprisingly Newport County are currently losing 1-2 at home to Hartlepool.

This stage of the season no scoreline is surprising. Lots of twists and turns to come in the next nine or so games.
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2022, 21:47:39 pm »

Full Time 2-3

Don’t need to explain to you guys the frustration of being a football fan at this level. All expectations dashed, the inconsistencies are always just around the corner ready to kick you in the b*%#^ks.

Oh well, Cobblers Dream also let me down at Cheltenham today so I should have expected this!

Enjoy your game tomorrow!

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2022, 22:19:03 pm »

That Newport result is a real boost ahead of our game. Let's hope we capitalise on it ourselves. Mansfield game off will result in lots of midweek fixtures for them which (hopefully) ends up working against them. This could be a very good weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2022, 07:34:01 am »

That Newport result is a real boost ahead of our game. Let's hope we capitalise on it ourselves. Mansfield game off will result in lots of midweek fixtures for them which (hopefully) ends up working against them. This could be a very good weekend.

Oh, come on, this is the Cobblers we're talking about!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2022, 12:43:06 pm »

Oh, come on, this is the Cobblers we're talking about!  Tongue

I'm recovering from Covid and leaving the house for the first time in two weeks, that alone constitutes a good weekend! Let's hope come 5pm I'm not regressing!
I have noticed that Mansfield now have 6 of their next 8 games away from home as it stands and their two home games are against us and Sutton. They've lost their last two. Is this them beginning to slide out of the race?
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2022, 13:04:18 pm »

need around 16 points to make the automatic spots i think, so minimum of 5 wins out of 9 with a couple of draws should do it.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2022, 17:56:59 pm »

All tightened up some more at the top.....we slip to third, 6 points behind FGR and a point behind Exeter but both of them have two games in hand on us.
Looking downwards....just two points separate 3rd to 7th, with Mansfield down in 10th sitting seven points behind us with four games in hand.

FGR travel to Colchester for a televised clash on Monday night, Sutton travel to Oldham on Tuesday night, Port Vale and Exeter meet at Vale Park, whilst Mansfield use one of those games in hand at Rochdale.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2022, 10:39:13 am »

Play offs are about right for us.
Hopefully a place cemented before Barrow away so we can get the Wembley band wagon free wheeling at ramming speed😂
The injuries are, no pun intended, crippling us!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2022, 11:43:07 am »

Play offs are about right for us.
Hopefully a place cemented before Barrow away so we can get the Wembley band wagon free wheeling at ramming speed😂
The injuries are, no pun intended, crippling us!

The play offs are far from a given yet and would be a decent achievement, although obviously very disappointing if we drop right out. The last game will probably have something riding on it. Staying in the top 3 for so long has been more about games in hand and the spread of those beneath us. I’d be surprised if we don’t drop over the next couple of rounds. With our growing injury list and inability to score, if we do finish top 3 it’ll be up there with our greatest achievements.
Real pity about yesterday, a 6 point swing the other way would have put a very different spin on things.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2022, 20:04:10 pm »

With so many teams bunched together at the top it appears this will be a rare season when 80 points or over are not required for an automatic place. Taking 79 points as the target this is what each of the top 10 needs to achieve:-
FGR          10 games remaining - require 10 points - 1.00 points per game
Exeter       10                                        15             1.50
Cobblers     8                                         16             2.00
Bristol Rov. 8                                         16             2.00
Tranmere    8                                         16             2.00
Newport Co.8                                         17             2.12
Swindon      8                                         18             2.25
Port Vale     10                                        20             2.00
Sutton         9                                         21             2.33
Mansfield    12                                        23             1.92

FGR have not won any of their last 7 but I cannot see them dropping out of the top 3.
Exeter after years of just missing out look like they have a great chance but have regularly blown up late in seasons past.
Mansfield with 12 to play will be playing mostly 2 games a week with the majority away and I don't think they will make the top 3.
Swindon & Sutton I expect to miss out as I don't think they are consistent enough.
Tranmere and Newport I would consider to have only an outside chance.
Which leaves Bristol Rovers, Port Vale and ourselves vying for the 3rd spot. With our current injury situation and our inconsistent form I would not put any money on us making it. The other 2 teams are both in good but will they be able to maintain it?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: