The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:19:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC as a club

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC as a club  (Read 4458 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 10:11:24 am »

Point 3 - What - both of them?
And their dog  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 16:48:40 pm »

Point 3 - What - both of them?
Definitely gor more points than fans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2022, 07:29:57 am »

I think the idea of this post was more general than specific to a TV. Personally I hadn't noticed that the TV's weren't working, and must admit I've never noticed TV's in the 1897 suite either. Although do they use one for presentations? I'm really not very observant but do notice the length of queue, the minimal number of staff who seem to disappear when it gets busy, the cost of beer and lack of real ales. I think they are more important for me personally.
Do Sutton have a Trust? Reason I ask is I would see the sort of events being organised by a Trust or fan focus group rather than the club itself. Things like race nights, day at the horses, etc. I know some on here use those sort of events to bash the Trust but personally I think thats where they sit.

As I've said the club could do more with raffles for signed shirts people actually want, cheaper table at the end of season awards etc, even a day behind closed doors with the coaches (that would actually be really interesting, seeing what happens during a training session with all the prep or what happens the morning of a matchday getting everything ready).
But they do the 50/50 (or what its called now), how many people actually buy them?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 09:07:37 am »

I think the idea of this post was more general than specific to a TV. Personally I hadn't noticed that the TV's weren't working, and must admit I've never noticed TV's in the 1897 suite either. Although do they use one for presentations? I'm really not very observant but do notice the length of queue, the minimal number of staff who seem to disappear when it gets busy, the cost of beer and lack of real ales. I think they are more important for me personally.
Do Sutton have a Trust? Reason I ask is I would see the sort of events being organised by a Trust or fan focus group rather than the club itself. Things like race nights, day at the horses, etc. I know some on here use those sort of events to bash the Trust but personally I think thats where they sit.

As I've said the club could do more with raffles for signed shirts people actually want, cheaper table at the end of season awards etc, even a day behind closed doors with the coaches (that would actually be really interesting, seeing what happens during a training session with all the prep or what happens the morning of a matchday getting everything ready).
But they do the 50/50 (or what its called now), how many people actually buy them?
This is actually what I originally posted about, the small things that add up to the average fan. But because of my previous attachment to the Trust certain people automatically go off on one accusing the Trust of digging at the club. I've stated it loads of times, that what I post on here are my thoughts, not the Trust's, because I don't know their thoughts.
    I posted that I thought there were lots of small things, that wouldn't cost much, that could improve the matchday experience and I stand by that.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 17:32:25 pm »

This is actually what I originally posted about, the small things that add up to the average fan. But because of my previous attachment to the Trust certain people automatically go off on one accusing the Trust of digging at the club. I've stated it loads of times, that what I post on here are my thoughts, not the Trust's, because I don't know their thoughts.
    I posted that I thought there were lots of small things, that wouldn't cost much, that could improve the matchday experience and I stand by that.

It wouldn’t hurt the trust to put out a few quid that are are still sitting on from the save the club days. After all… What did the Romans Trust ever do for us  Grin Grin Tongue Tongue.

You can’t help it Rog. If they cut you half, you’d have Trusty Rog written through you….
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 17:40:07 pm »

It wouldn’t hurt the trust to put out a few quid that are are still sitting on from the save the club days. After all… What did the Romans Trust ever do for us  Grin Grin Tongue Tongue.

You can’t help it Rog. If they cut you half, you’d have Trusty Rog written through you….

What are you suggesting the Trust do Nigel? Put out a few quid for what?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 19:20:03 pm »

Very true, I can't help suggesting ways NTFC could improve the matchday experience for our fans and even offering to do it.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 19:50:28 pm »

What are you suggesting the Trust do Nigel? Put out a few quid for what?

Let’s start with the TV's. Then the rest of the money accrued during the save the club era can be used on various supporter related things. It’s sat in the bank for years now. How about putting on a few free coaches for those that have so kindly supported the Trust travel for years. I’d like to help out with more. But I can remember when this come naturally to the Trust…
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 19:53:38 pm »

and even offering to do it.  Roll Eyes

I’m assuming by that comment the raffle tickets must be doing very well.

Don’t worry mate. GPC going to have a retro night with the rest of the Trust board. They’re odds on to buy the TV's now…

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 20:20:51 pm »

I’m assuming by that comment the raffle tickets must be doing very well.

Don’t worry mate. GPC going to have a retro night with the rest of the Trust board. They’re odds on to buy the TV's now…

Silly boy!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2022, 22:07:44 pm »

He might grow up sometime but I'm not banking on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 22:34:21 pm »

Nerve hit alert.

Is that a no to the TV's then or free travel. Or do I have to do a freedom of information request to find out..  Grin Grin

After they are options for the SUPPORTS money.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 22:38:31 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 22:47:44 pm »

Let’s start with the TV's. Then the rest of the money accrued during the save the club era can be used on various supporter related things. It’s sat in the bank for years now. How about putting on a few free coaches for those that have so kindly supported the Trust travel for years. I’d like to help out with more. But I can remember when this come naturally to the Trust…
Nigel, as you well know, there was a democratic vote about what to do with said money and the winner was "Keep it for a rainy day" If you feel so strongly about this why not attend the AGM and make a proposal that the money be spent on other things. Otherwise it's not really the done thing for the Trust to ask people what to do with the money then a few years later spend it on something else. How many times have you been on here complaining that the Trust don't canvass the support and here you are saying they should do the opposite to what the fans voted for !!
     You can't have it both ways mate  Wink.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2022, 11:09:40 am »

I've said this several times before over the last couple of years but wouldn't improvements to Carr's Bar be a nice little project for The Supporters Trust to lead, enabling them to dip their toe in the water of Infrastructure Projects with relatively minimal risk.

It would benefit the Trust, the fans and the club.  It would certainly build some bridges between all 3 parties.

It would get the name of the Trust back out there among the non members who will not have seen any benefit previously.  It would also provide vauable experience to the Trust on how fund raising could be achieved and a project could be run, albeit on a small scale, by fans for the benefit of the fans.  It would create something tangible rather than just words.

There would surely be some valuable lessons, good and bad, learnt from a project like this towards the Infrastructure Foundation they want to set up.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2022, 13:16:20 pm »

I've said this several times before over the last couple of years but wouldn't improvements to Carr's Bar be a nice little project for The Supporters Trust to lead, enabling them to dip their toe in the water of Infrastructure Projects with relatively minimal risk.

It would benefit the Trust, the fans and the club.  It would certainly build some bridges between all 3 parties.

It would get the name of the Trust back out there among the non members who will not have seen any benefit previously.  It would also provide vauable experience to the Trust on how fund raising could be achieved and a project could be run, albeit on a small scale, by fans for the benefit of the fans.  It would create something tangible rather than just words.

There would surely be some valuable lessons, good and bad, learnt from a project like this towards the Infrastructure Foundation they want to set up.
As I said to Nigel, and I'm assuming you are a member, why not propose this at the AGM, the Trust has always been a democratic organisation, so if enough members want this there is no reason for it not to happen.
   As a side, the Trust spent a fair bit of money and time on Carr's Bar in the not too distant past, buying a TV and installing lights, only for everything to be altered, including the destruction of the Marc Pacan painting on the wall, without any consultation.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2022, 13:26:15 pm »

As I said to Nigel, and I'm assuming you are a member, why not propose this at the AGM, the Trust has always been a democratic organisation, so if enough members want this there is no reason for it not to happen.
   As a side, the Trust spent a fair bit of money and time on Carr's Bar in the not too distant past, buying a TV and installing lights, only for everything to be altered, including the destruction of the Marc Pacan painting on the wall, without any consultation.
Did you keep the receipt? Think its broken  Wink

To try again to get back on point. More could be done for sure, but not sure what interest there would be. As above I think things like comedy night, race night, day at the dogs etc sit more with the Trust than the club.
I would like to see better prizes from the club such as either a whole team signed shirt or for the winner to chose who signs the shirt. I really like the idea of a day behind the scenes, seeing how the club prep for match day. Competitions to win hospitality at some of the less exciting games / tuesday nights. Could do they 3-4 times a season, season tickets get 2 free entries, members 1 free and option to pay for an entry when you buy a match ticket on line or in the ticket office
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2022, 13:48:18 pm »

Isn’t everyone full of good ideas when they haven’t got to implement them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3481

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 14:22:01 pm »

Isn’t everyone full of good ideas when they haven’t got to implement them.
Pot. Kettle. Black
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2022, 14:23:23 pm »

Club or racket?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
everbrite