The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:41:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The New Hotel End

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Hotel End  (Read 856 times)
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:14:36 am »

The idea of having a "New" Hotel End has to appeal to most of us that stood there at one time or another, without any further explanation necessary.
Nostalgia is great but the as it seems clear we can have safe standing built in, the idea of having as many as 4000 housed behind the goal where the North stand is now is very attractive. We might have a decent atmosphere where it matters, behind the goal rather than concentrated in the upper south area of the West stand.
I've read a lot of posts here with some really insightful stuff particularly from Steve Massive Massey who seems to have put some time into thinking about this. I dont care if its the NHE project who finally gets it done or some one else completely, I just hope it gets done in my lifetime.
Looking at what Stevenage did would give some idea of how a chunk of funding could be raised. Bonds were sold from £500-£25000 apparently. They gave a 4% return or 8% in club credit. A £250 quid season ticket could be paid for each year by this for just over £3000. So essentially a lifetime ticket - Northants Cricket sell these at roughly this amount.
OK that will be too much for a lot of people but £500 would get you a perpetual 20% discount on your season ticket, I think that most of the 2000 odd season ticket holders would look at that in a favourable way, theres the first £1M raised.

Maybe this is a drop in the ocean... and without proper plans... 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 11:30:34 am »

Always a good idea to promote fan proposed ways of funding new stands/ amenities.
Although bonds are OK for people who fancy using a new stand behind the goal, I'm not sure how many people will have those type of funds available.
Forget the idea of safe standing, you are just doubling the costs, there is nothing to stop a terrace with a capacity of 2,000 being built at the North end, the space underneath the Stand being used as a modern up to date concourse. I looked into this many years ago and put it forward as an idea on the Old Hotel End forum.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 12:31:57 pm »

I can remember years ago standing behind the goal at the Hotel End.  As I am only about 5'6'' (don't do metric), I used to get there nice and early to get a spot where I could see, only for some inconsiderate big bugger to stand right in front of me just before kick off, and then everything went dark. I had to move around to get any sort of view after that. When we moved to the all seater Sixfields it was a godsend to me.  I really wouldn't want to go back to those days, and in any case I couldn't stand for 2 hours these days or wouldn't want to anyway.

Having said all that I would not have any problem with the North Stand having standing room for those able to enjoy it and I did support it when we had some sort of poll years ago.

Just leave the West alone though please.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 20:02:39 pm »

I can remember years ago standing behind the goal at the Hotel End.  As I am only about 5'6'' (don't do metric), I used to get there nice and early to get a spot where I could see, only for some inconsiderate big bugger to stand right in front of me just before kick off, and then everything went dark. I had to move around to get any sort of view after that. When we moved to the all seater Sixfields it was a godsend to me.  I really wouldn't want to go back to those days, and in any case I couldn't stand for 2 hours these days or wouldn't want to anyway.

Having said all that I would not have any problem with the North Stand having standing room for those able to enjoy it and I did support it when we had some sort of poll years ago.

Just leave the West alone though please.
That might have been me. Our favourite spot, clap the away keeper in, unhindered walk to the bogs/Ansells Healthfoods along the front. I’ve gone all nostalgic.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 22:21:20 pm »

I spent quite a few years in the early/mid 80s standing on the concrete block. I remember the Villa game in the FA Cup there were six, maybe eight of us on there. Atmosphere like that just cant be generated at Sixfields right now. I am not sure if its the fact its all seater or the fact you are allocated a specific seat so people cant move around to be with likeminded noisy buggers. The safe-standing "seats" seem to be the best option to me as long as they are allocated in blocks so you can go where you want, in the thick of it or a bit further away if your ears are hurting.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 11:41:42 am »

That might have been me. Our favourite spot, clap the away keeper in, unhindered walk to the bogs/Ansells Healthfoods along the front. I’ve gone all nostalgic.

Cue the M&S music .... "These aren't just Bogs, these are Hotel End Bogs"
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: