The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:00:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tom Cliffe

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Cliffe  (Read 2620 times)
guest3481

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2022, 13:01:46 pm »

Tom was too quick to back turning large sections of the Sixfields complex into a warehouse carpark..
He even sounded excited when demanding the town of Northampton accept this awful proposal by the land speculator owners.
Did he even think for a moment as to the long term harm it would do to ntfc and its recovery from the past 20 years?
With all due respect Tom, please see the long term effects of a poor deal rather than trying to please those who will very soon be gone.

Just out of curiosity, do you realise that you are in the minority with your thoughts / opinions?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2022, 13:36:20 pm »

Tom was too quick to back turning large sections of the Sixfields complex into a warehouse carpark..
He even sounded excited when demanding the town of Northampton accept this awful proposal by the land speculator owners.
Did he even think for a moment as to the long term harm it would do to ntfc and its recovery from the past 20 years?
With all due respect Tom, please see the long term effects of a poor deal rather than trying to please those who will very soon be gone.

I asked you this on the redevelopment thread the other day and you ignored it, so as you're banging on about warehouse car parks again I thought I'd repeat it.

WTF have you got against car parks?! First it was half the running track being turned into a car park you were getting all excited about and now that's off the table you seem to be worrying that some of the other land will be used for car parking. If, as you advocate, Cilldara win the bid, what do you think they will put there?? The only difference is we won't see ANY benefit from it and the East Stand will remain unfinished because if KT and DB do lose the bid and decide to call it quits, what on earth makes you think they will leave 2 or 3 mill of their money laying around for the next owners to finish the stand with?!?

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2022, 13:57:37 pm »

Just out of curiosity, do you realise that you are in the minority with your thoughts / opinions?
I'm absolutely certain the vast majority of Northamptonians are fully behind their football club getting the very best deal from this sorry on going saga.
They do not want one harmful to our clubs recovery, which is currently being touted out of desperation.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2022, 14:07:20 pm »

I asked you this on the redevelopment thread the other day and you ignored it, so as you're banging on about warehouse car parks again I thought I'd repeat it.

Nothing against car parks, of which there's many good ones at of near Sixfields. It's just we dont need an unnecessary one hemming in the east side of the stadium to be used primarily for warehousing.

How does ntfc benefit in the long term by losing large sections of the Sixfields complex into the pockets of ones who wont be here much longer?
Surely retaining Sixfields complex is what will benefit ntfc post Cardoza/Thomas?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2022, 14:22:24 pm »

I'm absolutely certain the vast majority of Northamptonians are fully behind their football club getting the very best deal from this sorry on going saga.
They do not want one harmful to our clubs recovery, which is currently being touted out of desperation.
I fully agree the vast majority of Northamptonians want the best for the football club.
But my question was about your opinions on the current deal. Do you think the majority of fans agree with your summary of it?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 14:25:10 pm »

Ok, own up. Who was it that did a hit and run job on Beds in the West car park the last time he ever visited Sixfields? 🤔
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 14:48:46 pm »

It's official you are a fúcking retard.
You’ve got a really big mouth, all I hear out of it is insults, your better than that.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 15:19:37 pm »

I fully agree the vast majority of Northamptonians want the best for the football club.
But my question was about your opinions on the current deal. Do you think the majority of fans agree with your summary of it?
Firstly NTFC is the football club of Northampton, it belongs to everyone not just the few of us fortunate to have been lucky enough to have been introduced to it.

I'm sure most ntfc supporters want exactly the same as I do but have been scared off demanding better as they believe the ridiculous threats that not giving Cardoza and nowThomas what they want could result in ntfc playing on pitch 8 of the racecourse 😂😂
Thankfully only you and sing still believe this...
Just joking, I know you dont😉
Anyway that's my opinion,  what about you?
Are you happy to have Sixfields carved up with a carpark less than 10 mts from the touch  line?
Would you rather ntfc retain its foot print or have Thomas's and co sell off 4 acres of our clubs land and pocket the proceeds in a sale to a developer?
To me this is a no brainer..
Back the Cobblers future first and foremost.
Let's retain the Sixfields complex at all costs.

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 15:22:12 pm »

You’ve got a really big mouth, all I hear out of it is insults, your better than that.

He likes the abuse mate. He goes fishing for it, so I supply it for him. So actually he's a fúcking masochistic retard.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2022, 15:27:06 pm »

Nothing against car parks, of which there's many good ones at of near Sixfields. It's just we dont need an unnecessary one hemming in the east side of the stadium to be used primarily for warehousing.

How does ntfc benefit in the long term by losing large sections of the Sixfields complex into the pockets of ones who wont be here much longer?
Surely retaining Sixfields complex is what will benefit ntfc post Cardoza/Thomas?

So, hang on, are you now suggesting the council should hang on to the land, not sell it to CDNL OR Cilldara and leave it sitting empty?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3481

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2022, 15:30:52 pm »

Firstly NTFC is the football club of Northampton, it belongs to everyone not just the few of us fortunate to have been lucky enough to have been introduced to it.

I'm sure most ntfc supporters want exactly the same as I do but have been scared off demanding better as they believe the ridiculous threats that not giving Cardoza and nowThomas what they want could result in ntfc playing on pitch 8 of the racecourse 😂😂
Thankfully only you and sing still believe this...
Just joking, I know you dont😉
Anyway that's my opinion,  what about you?
Are you happy to have Sixfields carved up with a carpark less than 10 mts from the touch  line?
Would you rather ntfc retain its foot print or have Thomas's and co sell off 4 acres of our clubs land and pocket the proceeds in a sale to a developer?
To me this is a no brainer..
Back the Cobblers future first and foremost.
Let's retain the Sixfields complex at all costs.
Would really appreciate a straightforward answer to the question. Do you think the majority or minority of fans agree with your opinion about the development. Delete as appropriate [Majority] / [Minority]

I will answer your questions in good faith
Are you happy to have Sixfields carved up with a carpark less than 10 mts from the touch  line? - Honestly doesnt bother me. Its great the ACV land looks like it will remain, which as I have stated in the past that wouldn't have bothered me either. I could understand your point about the ACV land (although didnt agree) but cant see your issue with the rest of the land, and have no desire to understand either.

Would you rather ntfc retain its foot print or have Thomas's and co sell off 4 acres of our clubs land and pocket the proceeds in a sale to a developer? - I would rather they sell the land for a profit as there is no point having an asset that is just gathering dust (or mud in this case). This is where I fully accept we are different. I believe the profit will be used to benefit the club, you think it will be used to only benefit the owners. There is nothing either of us can say to sway the others opinion, and only time will tell who is right (although in all likelihood I expect it will be a mix of both.)

So.... Majority or Minority?

So again, with my replies, and the initial question. Do you think the m
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2022, 16:44:18 pm »

Would really appreciate a straightforward answer to the question. Do you think the majority or minority of fans agree with your opinion about the development. Delete as appropriate [Majority] / [Minority]

Are you happy to have Sixfields carved up with a carpark less than 10 mts from the touch  line? - Honestly doesnt bother me. Its great the ACV land looks like it will remain, which as I have stated in the past that wouldn't have bothered me either. I could understand your point about the ACV land (although didnt agree) but cant see your issue with the rest of the land, and have no desire to understand either.

Would you rather ntfc retain its foot print or have Thomas's and co sell off 4 acres of our clubs land and pocket the proceeds in a sale to a developer? - I would rather they sell the land for a profit as there is no point having an asset that is just gathering dust (or mud in this case). This is where I fully accept we are different. I believe the profit will be used to benefit the club, you think it will be used to only benefit the owners. There is nothing either of us can say to sway the others opinion, and only time will tell who is right (although in all likelihood I expect it will be a mix of both.)

You want a straight answer from Beds.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2022, 17:03:12 pm »

I think Tom is doing his best. He is readily accessible at games. As far as I’m aware, having seen him at away games, he hasn’t taken advantage of the opposition’s boardroom, as did the Trusts representative on the board when that existed. He has, as far as I know, responded to as many questions as he can.

I very much agree with Roger's version of events. He is only as good as the answers he gets. It is very early days, on an untrodden path. Let’s see where it goes and cut him some slack. As for Beds assessment of him siding with the club regarding the redevelopment. That would be entirely in keeping with the vast majority of the support. So completely appropriate.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2022, 20:40:19 pm »

So, hang on, are you now suggesting the council should hang on to the land, not sell it to CDNL OR Cilldara and leave it sitting empty?
Theres the football pitch, the running track, the 4 stands and the west stand car park that make up the Sixfields complex, this needs to be retained by the club and not lost to land greedy owners or developers at all costs.
All the other land from the east side of the running track all the way up the weedon rd to near the Saints can be had by Cilldra/CDNL or any others who want it.
Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2022, 21:00:29 pm »

A majority of the clubs fans and citizens of Northampton when armed with the full facts and the grim alternative to losing large swathes of its football clubs ground, would 100% refuse and laugh at the rubbish deal being offered.
You also point out its blatantly obvious allowing these owners to sell the 4 acres of running track would almost certainly lead to ntfc getting nothing while losing this valuable asset...
Why would you even want that?
Why are you even raising such a question?
Also note it has only turned to dust and mud during the  Cardoza/Thomas land grab era.
 It would be turned to good use by ntfc the minute the Cardoza/Thomas era came to an end.
So lets make sure it still available to ntfc for years to come and not a warehouse carpark without any value to our club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2022, 21:31:26 pm »

So essentially if all of Northampton was as well informed as you, and could analyse the proposals as well as you could we would all be against it? So in one message you’ve basically labelled the vast majority of people from the town as idiots. That’s great well done.

I didn’t say it blatantly obvious the club would get nothing from the sale at all. In fact I said the complete opposite. You’re well know for making up facts and figures to suit your agenda, don’t start fabricating what people have said too.

Picking up on your point about it only being mud and dust under DC and KT, what was it used for prior to them? Consider we’re talking about the development land and not the ACV.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2022, 05:36:55 am »

Theres the football pitch, the running track, the 4 stands and the west stand car park that make up the Sixfields complex, this needs to be retained by the club and not lost to land greedy owners or developers at all costs.
All the other land from the east side of the running track all the way up the weedon rd to near the Saints can be had by Cilldra/CDNL or any others who want it.
Hope that helps.

That's essentially the current proposal (although you've overstock how far it stretches). If you are going to continually lecture people about what should or shouldn't happen then please can you at least try to keep up with what's on the table.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2608

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2022, 05:47:26 am »

Hope that helps.
So now you're happy Cildara could get it.
How the actual feck would that benefit the football club.
You talk absolute cack.....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: