The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:15:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Stevenage 15th March

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevenage 15th March  (Read 7365 times)
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 05:44:28 am »

Good Morning

Since Cobblers beat my team, Newport, a little while back we have both maintained our challenge for promotion. The EFL computer regularly throws our fixtures together, I assume because of the alphabetical situation. We went to Stevenage Saturday and you Carlisle, tonight we swap around. We hope to get something from the long trip to Carlisle, but hope and reality aren’t always best mates!
Whilst we are both up there, the chances of automatic promotion seem a dream for us, but more likely for you. I get the impression Cobblers fans will be disappointed if only achieving the play offs. Meeting Cobblers in the play offs will add a bit of spice to my end of season emotions! Whatever happens I’m hoping for a double promotion come the end of the season!
Good luck tonight and see you at Wembley!

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 09:16:58 am »

Petite 1M Series(135) - can never understand how some of these big-ends can afford to spend £36K + on a car yet walk around dressed like tramps!
I hold similar views when it comes to men tucking their shirts inside of their trousers. To do otherwise after a certain age is just plain scruffy.
Have you got your order in for the new 240idrive coupe Evers? I hear its rather a good drivers car.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2022, 09:22:27 am »

I hold similar views when it comes to men tucking their shirts inside of their trousers. To do otherwise after a certain age is just plain scruffy.
Have you got your order in for the new 240idrive coupe Evers? I hear its rather a good drivers car.

Not a chance for me let alone next seasons ST! 240i coupe is a fine car for big naffs, look at me and worst of all Posers!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3338

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 09:39:32 am »

Not a chance for me let alone next seasons ST! 240i coupe is a fine car for big naffs, look at me and worst of all Posers!
That's what I like about riding a motorbike. Wearing a helmet you have a degree of anonymity that you don't get when driving a 'posh' car. I wouldn't cope going around town in something like a convertible Porsche with the top down.
The mindset also might explain why we are both Cobblers fans who are not bothered by big city lights?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2022, 09:42:10 am »

That's what I like about riding a motorbike. Wearing a helmet you have a degree of anonymity that you don't get when driving a 'posh' car. I wouldn't cope going around town in something like a convertible Porsche with the top down.
The mindset also might explain why we are both Cobblers fans who are not bothered by big city lights?

True
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 11:17:45 am »

Just been to the ticket office (Mansfield tickets).
If you were the knob who was on the end of the phone giving grief to the young girl about not being able to purchase Stevenage tickets, when it's clearly on so many occasions been stated by NTFC that it's all tickets, sales ceased yesterday and none available today, you remind me of yesterday of the div Eastern European woman and daughter trying to give s***e excuses and grief to the woman, because they turned up 45 mins later for wedding  appointment, and thus would have to rebook.
Luckily, WNC woman was also Eastern European (find in my experience, British are too soft in these instances) tore in to the girl (mother had aready walked off in a huff)
Can't stand people who don't follow clear lines and punctuality...nor those that tuck shirts into trousers in a casual environment for that matter!
End!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:21:34 am by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 11:27:46 am »

If you were the knob who was on the end of the phone giving grief to the young girl about not being able to purchase Stevenage tickets, when it's clearly on so many occasions been stated by NTFC that it's all tickets, sales ceased yesterday and none available today, you remind me of yesterday of the div Eastern European woman and daughter trying to give s***e excuses and grief to the woman, because they turned up 45 mins later for wedding  appointment, and thus would have to rebook.
Luckily, WNC woman was also Eastern European (find in my experience, British are too soft in these instances) tore in to the girl (mother had aready walked off in a huff)
Can't stand people who don't follow clear lines and punctuality...nor those that tuck shirts into trousers in a casual environment for that matter!
End!  Grin
What about the chaps that like to tuck tee-shirts into their shorts. I'm thinking some kind of community service in order for those folk
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 11:31:53 am »

End!  Grin

Who is this post aimed at! Home end tkts are still available for a limited period today.  Pointless giving grief to TO when it was clear by last Wednesday that it was all tkt and availability ceased yesterday!
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 11:53:20 am »

Who is this post aimed at! Home end tkts are still available for a limited period today.  Pointless giving grief to TO when it was clear by last Wednesday that it was all tkt and availability ceased yesterday!

Agreed - generally people who rant down the phone, when they are in the wrong are sad inadequate individuals - although they would probably say the same about the likes of us spending too much time posting nonsense on here  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2022, 12:06:35 pm »

End!  Grin
We're clearly from different a demographic!
Although tbf it's the more formal button up shirt (long or short sleeved) worn outside of trousers that I object to.
If I'm with anyone wearing a t shirt I would insist it's worn outside of whatever is below it, ditto football shirts.
I expect you cut rather a fine dash Coolcat 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 13:09:36 pm »

What about the chaps that like to tuck tee-shirts into their shorts. I'm thinking some kind of community service in order for those folk
Wearing shorts is enough!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2022, 13:13:18 pm »

I like to wear lederhosen and am always well tucked-in.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2022, 13:14:22 pm »

Rather puzzling post. Obviously, being in the NTFC ticket office, it can only refer to a prick trying at the last minute to buy a ticket for the away section at the Lamex.
Home end is surely irrelevant to NTFC and the post in general.
As for tucking shirts in CJ, only in a work environment!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2022, 15:05:00 pm »

I tuck my T shirt in when wearing it under the outer shirt, which is always hanging out, even at work. As for tonights game. I won't be going due to not knowing it was all ticket and being away from Friday to Monday for the Carlisle game and despite discussing the Stevenage game with several people, no one mentioned it being all ticket. Surprised it is to be honest. Probably missing out on a fair few extra away fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2022, 15:12:04 pm »

I tuck my T shirt in when wearing it under the outer shirt, which is always hanging out, even at work. As for tonights game. I won't be going due to not knowing it was all ticket and being away from Friday to Monday for the Carlisle game and despite discussing the Stevenage game with several people, no one mentioned it being all ticket. Surprised it is to be honest. Probably missing out on a fair few extra away fans.
They deffo are missing out and strange decision by Stevenage to cut sales on the Monday
Nevertheless, once guidelines set out clearly, why people try to ignore is beyond me.
Going to Carlisle, last minute fiasco and Stevenage being an utter hole (was in St Albans last Tue tbf) did it for me!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2022, 15:14:15 pm »

It's only because they are still sulking about Ricky's winner. Tin pot non-league patsy's  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2022, 15:26:10 pm »

End!  Grin

I am in the habit of tucking my shirt into my trousers; otherwise I incur the confrontational hissing wrath from my erstwhile wife.
Report Spam   Logged

Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2022, 15:30:00 pm »

I am in the habit of tucking my shirt into my trousers; otherwise I incur the confrontational hissing wrath from my erstwhile wife.

Oi, that ain't 'confrontational hissing wrath', it is frustration.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2022, 15:42:18 pm »

Rather puzzling post. Obviously, being in the NTFC ticket office, it can only refer to a prick trying at the last minute to buy a ticket for the away section at the Lamex.
Home end is surely irrelevant to NTFC and the post in general.
As for tucking shirts in CJ, only in a work environment!  Wink

You are right as the message started with the personal pronoun you' . So my fault. I all but purchased an Home End Stevenage East Stand tkt when I received the salvation offer via the Ticket Thread. It's not what you know rather who you know.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 13:16:34 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2022, 17:16:25 pm »

Was always intending on going to this one tonight, but instead shall we watching it on the i-player which I will pay 10 English pounds for the privilege.

I was out late last night; and am out late tomorrow night. Different commitments. Would have gone if we'd won at Carlisle, that was the simple criteria for me. The last few away games I've been to (or listened to or watched) have been so bloody boring, its quite difficult at the minute motivating myself to make the effort!

I'm really getting frustrated with some of the team selections as well. FFS, go for the win tonight please JB! If it means locking Colin up in a cupboard for a few hours then so be it. I want to see us attack these guys, and if that means we lose then hey ho, then sh1t happens.

Before Covid hit the squad, we were looking nice and compact, had a real threat in Ete and the lads tucked in behind him were all contributing. I still see no reason why Appere cannot replicate what Ete was doing; but in order for that to happen he needs far better support. Time surely to say to Lubala (he has significant pedigree at this level, if only he could get going) .... you've got 5 full games now son, show me what you can do and at the same time get your career back up and running. Take the fear out of him. Unleash him. He's rusty but he's only going to find that form he showed at Crawley if he's given decent time on the pitch.

The other forwards are all unproven. But surely given them 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes ffs! Otherwise we will never know. And if we need a goal, please stop trying to get Rose to provide it!

UTC!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: