The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:09:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The 2022 Farce World Cup

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2022 Farce World Cup  (Read 3176 times)
Bingers

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2022, 20:57:28 pm »

Interesting match for the Bingers household on Saturday. Which team will the Bingers Boys be supporting? Maman Bingers being French. At least they will definitely have a team in the Semi finals. Let's hope I have as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2022, 12:10:15 pm »

My favourite piece of commentary yet.  Grin

https://twitter.com/i/status/1599859460331438080
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2022, 16:43:22 pm »

Graham Souness one side, Roy Keane the other. Throw her a lifebelt. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 16:53:17 pm »

Graham Souness one side, Roy Keane the other. Throw her a lifebelt. Cool
Roy Keane has at various times looked like the Iranian president, or a posh tramp that drinks at Wetherspoons.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2022, 17:46:02 pm »

We’re gonna smash this Brazil team in the final.  Tongue

That dilemma has been solved.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2022, 20:00:32 pm »

Baldy

Re: Tranmere (h).
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2022, 15:30:23 pm »
Quote from: Shoemender on November 26, 2022, 16:19:10 pm
Cobblers over England every time.
Never, never, ever. Come on England!

As I've always told you. England will never win anything for the rest of our lives. Cobblers all the way. Southgate out.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2022, 20:08:20 pm »

Baldy

Re: Tranmere (h).
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2022, 15:30:23 pm »
Quote from: Shoemender on November 26, 2022, 16:19:10 pm
Cobblers over England every time.
Never, never, ever. Come on England!

As I've always told you. England will never win anything for the rest of our lives. Cobblers all the way. Southgate out.
Top tip, copy and paste next time. Works for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2022, 20:13:48 pm »

Top tip, copy and paste next time. Works for me.

Er, I did and that's how it came out. Maybe it doesn't work properly on mobile phone or you're just better than me. Either way, Cobblers over England every time. Not good enough. Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2022, 20:26:53 pm »

Anyway, we can concentrate on the league now.🥸
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2022, 20:40:14 pm »

Er, I did and that's how it came out. Maybe it doesn't work properly on mobile phone or you're just better than me. Either way, Cobblers over England every time. Not good enough. Angry

Not good enough  Grin Grin We were the better team.

Some people do talk total bollocks. As for Cobblers over England, that's your choice but if I choose both equally that's also my choice, right?
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2022, 21:47:45 pm »

My brief conclusions;

Bellingham's an awesome prospect.
Better side - England, but you have to take your chances.
Referee - has to be disappointed.
I can't remember a better England side going forward. Defensively modest.
Very entertaining game. Less play acting than we've become used to.

I'm not normally a strong Southgate man but he can be very proud of the team he's put together.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2022, 00:10:27 am »

Not good enough  Grin Grin We were the better team.

Some people do talk total bollocks. As for Cobblers over England, that's your choice but if I choose both equally that's also my choice, right?

Better team? Not sure about that. Never advised anyone as to their choice of club/country,  just expressed mine. I'd love to see England win something as much as the next person but realistically can't see it happening in my lifetime. Love to be proved wrong.
We've had such great opportunities now in the last 3 tournaments we've been in to do so and have fallen short each time, penalties being our downfall again once again.
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2022, 06:38:54 am »

We are a good team that gets found out every time we come up against a very good team

I'd let Southgate stay for the euros if was in charge of the fa if he does go only 1 man for me and that's the Newcastle manager Eddie Howe
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2022, 07:38:54 am »

We are a good team that gets found out every time we come up against a very good team

In the past maybe, I don’t think we got found out last night though. I think in terms of ability I think we are a match for France and nothing I saw during the game disproved that. Even ignoring the refereeing we created more (XG Eng 2.4 Fra 1.1) had more shots, more shots on target, more corners and more possession. Like you say when we’ve been coming up against top teams in the past we have been played off the park but tonight for me it was more a case of fine lines and not getting that touch of luck that even the best teams need to win knock out tournaments.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2022, 08:52:36 am »

I thought England were the better side last night, frankly I didn't think France were that great. The first goal should have been disallowed for a foul on Saka, and Kane should have had a penalty first half. France's first goal had an element of luck about it as it went through a crowd of players and Pickford was unsighted. The second goal was a clear deflection which would have gone straight to Pickford otherwise. It was a good header though.

The ref had a poor game and seemed to be on their side all night. How he didn't give that second penalty for a blatant barge on Mount straight away I do not know.

I thought Saka was the best player on the pitch and the French just couldn't handle him when he ran forward with the ball, why Southgate took him off only he knows. Sterling did nothing and I am not the greatest fan of Mount, although I concede he did win the second pen. Bringing Grealish on with two minutes to go was a joke, he should have come on a half time along with Rashford. Henderson held us back in my view.

As for Mbappe, he did nothing thanks to Walker - I get sick of the commentators having an orgasm every time he touches the ball.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Kane had scored that second penalty we would have won the game.

Hopefully Morocco will knock out France and Croatia will defeat Argentina as the thought of an Argentina v France final doesn't bear thinking about, for me anyway. I was in a pub on Friday night and the whole place erupted when Holland scored their second goal to make it 2 - 2, no one wanted Argentina to win.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2022, 08:53:30 am »

For the neutral, that would have been a good Final. It was close, well contested, no play acting. Both keepers made crucial saves, it really could have gone either way.

For the neutral though, they might have been disappointed that Mbappe didn't do much. However, for a Cobblers supporter being there throughout Kyle Walkers career, we know it is all down to Stuart Gray's coaching in his formative years, back in 2008, preparing him for that moment. He did a great job in keeping quiet what might be the world's best player. I wonder if one day we could be saying that about Max Dyche?
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2022, 09:00:17 am »

As for Mbappe, he did nothing thanks to Walker - I get sick of the commentators having an orgasm every time he touches the ball.

It's not just the commentators, I have an orgasm every time Walker touches the ball. He is a Cobbler through and through. If only Calvert-Lewin and Ivan Toney had been selected, we'd been the tournament's top scorers and no penalties would have been missed - you could put your mortgage on it.
Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2022, 09:42:28 am »

I thought Saka was the best player on the pitch and the French just couldn't handle him when he ran forward with the ball, why Southgate took him off only he knows. Sterling did nothing and I am not the greatest fan of Mount, although I concede he did win the second pen. Bringing Grealish on with two minutes to go was a joke, he should have come on a half time along with Rashford. Henderson held us back in my view.

The France defence were so uncomfortable when we ran at them, they'd have been glad not to have seen Grealish come on.  Thought overall we played very well, went toe to toe with the World Champions and were more than a match for them, just lacked that killer instinct in their penalty area.  They took full advantage on the two occasions we had a lapse of concentration, the first goal we didn't come out quick enough and it was a speculative effort that got through and the second we lost Griezman for possibly the only time in the game and were made to pay.

We played very well throughout the tournament and we're possibly on the cusp of something finally coming home with this squad and set up.  How many times have we though that though  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 17:55:57 pm »

Allez, allez les bleus!
Report Spam   Logged