The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:11:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Suggested Team and Formation For:Bradford city 9th April 2022

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested Team and Formation For:Bradford city 9th April 2022  (Read 2213 times)
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« on: April 03, 2022, 21:15:04 pm »

Based on what i witnessed against mansfield im gonna go for

----------------------------- Roberts  --------------------

McGowan ........ Horsfall...... Guthrie........... Mills ......

Eppiah ..... Hoskins  ... Sowerby ....Pinnock  .......

.................Appere .... Rose ........................

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 18:40:51 pm by northamptonnewbie » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 21:36:26 pm »

Leaving out Sowerby, our best outfield player at Mansfield IMO. I would also replace Mills with Harriman, and bring in Pollock.
 So I would go with
                                                      Roberts
 McGowan             Guthrie                             Horsfall            Harriman

Hoskins                 Sowerby                          Pollock              Pinnock

Appere                             Eppiah
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 21:48:02 pm »

Roberts
McGowan
Guthrie
Horsfall
Hoskins
Sowerby
Pollock
Pinnock
Appere
Zimba
Eppiah

Based on Hoskins seemingly have to start no matter what, I’d stick him at left back. Would prefer Harriman though. Sowerby sitting deeper in midfield with Pollock and Pinnock pulling the strings. Three up top.

Essentially let’s just go for it.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 22:00:08 pm »

Leaving out Sowerby, our best outfield player at Mansfield IMO. I would also replace Mills with Harriman, and bring in Pollock.
 So I would go with
                                                      Roberts
 McGowan             Guthrie                             Horsfall            Harriman

Hoskins                 Sowerby                          Pollock              Pinnock

Appere                             Eppiah

No probs with that set up. Agree Sowerby should be in; perhaps 'Newbie just merely forgot to include him. Poor JB has a big job to rescue his/our season;with ineffective strike force, half his midfield awol and a defensive unit who had a bad day last Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 06:08:24 am »

People calling for Eppiah to start and i think he is the best of a poor bunch but listen to what the manager says - he cannot play him for more than a designated time because he will get injured again and so has to build the fitness up .
Having said that , let’s hope he can start in a front 2 on saturday with Appere who needs to have a shot at some point in his career .
The midfield selections above would get ripped apart - it’s not fantasy football .
Sowerby has to play with someone that can intercept and tackle . The only player left to do so is Amenbola.
He tried playing Pinnock in that role at Sc*nthoroe and it was a disaster .
i would go back to 4 4 2 for this game with Hoskins and Pinnock wide , Aminbola and Sowerby middle , Eppiah and Appere at the top .
He won’t though and we will play one up again which hasn’t worked since Etete cleared off .
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 08:31:16 am »

He probably doesn't play two up front as that is two players unlikely to score or create much.
Better off playing 4 centre halves for our best chance of scoring from a free kick or corner  Tongue

I think because it is so tight he won't want to take risks, until it is too late with a couple of games left.
If we fail again to get any decent strikers close season then you really have to question our recruitment process. If we do lose our better players then it could be a shocker, or we'll effectively be starting from scratch again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 08:38:30 am »

He probably doesn't play two up front as that is two players unlikely to score or create much.
Better off playing 4 centre halves for our best chance of scoring from a free kick or corner  Tongue

I think because it is so tight he won't want to take risks, until it is too late with a couple of games left.
If we fail again to get any decent strikers close season then you really have to question our recruitment process. If we do lose our better players then it could be a shocker, or we'll effectively be starting from scratch again.

The recruitment process that brought in Etete who was so good he left quicker than expected ?
Two of the strikers brought in have been injured as has the attacking midfielder .
Two other strikers are under contract and useless - one of them is a top earner .
All of this with no budget . You might want to look at why the head of recruitment left ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 09:07:40 am »

The recruitment process that brought in Etete who was so good he left quicker than expected ?
Two of the strikers brought in have been injured as has the attacking midfielder .
Two other strikers are under contract and useless - one of them is a top earner .
All of this with no budget . You might want to look at why the head of recruitment left ?

The thing with football is that a manager knows what if has to work with when he takes the job. If that changes significantly (I don't think it has) he has choices whether it's the job he wants.
I would imagine we have one of the costlier back room teams, maybe the allocation of the budget needs looking at?
An example is Rose who scored 38 goals (in twice as many games) for Mansfield. Has he scored 5 for us? A player doesn't suddenly become that ineffective, unless he is not played, supported and managed well. You need to play to the players attributes you have, or sign players to compliment them. When we had someone like Bayo it was a prime example of that. Rose certainly knows where the net is far more than the 'head on a stick' forwards we seem to try. Not saying I'm a huge fan of Rose but the point is valid.

We may not have the biggest budget in the league but the league table doesn't work like that, otherwise there'd be no point kicking a ball in anger!
There'll be teams in every division with smaller budgets doing well (I doubt Luton have a top 4 Championship budget), without the raft of league two teams where we have a competitive budget.
JB and co need to take accountability (maybe stop focusing on the officials), I am sure they will if things don't end well this season. Let's hope it does as we have plenty of games to have a positive end to the season. I think the play offs would be a solid achievement.

If the budget is ever used as an excuse, maybe he isn't the person to rinse the best value out of players we'd have at our disposal.

As for injuries, I can probably count on one hand the amount of seasons in the past 30 that injuries haven't played a part. All teams get injuries, all teams got covid. If we really are that much worse off you need to look at the players we are signing, the training methods and subsequent treatment they receive.

Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 09:43:43 am »

Based on what i witnessed against mansfield im gonna go for

----------------------------- Roberts  --------------------

Mills........ Horsfall...... Guthrie........... McGowan ......

Eppiah ..... Pinnock ... Rose .... Hoskins .......

.................Appere .... Zimba ........................

getting right and left mixed up when writing a team out is bad enough, then I saw Rose in central midfield.

Appere
Lubala                        Hoskins
      Pinnock          Pollock
                Sowerby

Mills Guthrie Horsfall McGowan

Roberts
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:47:45 am by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2022, 09:52:13 am »

The thing with football is that a manager knows what if has to work with when he takes the job. If that changes significantly (I don't think it has) he has choices whether it's the job he wants.
I would imagine we have one of the costlier back room teams, maybe the allocation of the budget needs looking at?
An example is Rose who scored 38 goals (in twice as many games) for Mansfield. Has he scored 5 for us? A player doesn't suddenly become that ineffective, unless he is not played, supported and managed well. You need to play to the players attributes you have, or sign players to compliment them. When we had someone like Bayo it was a prime example of that. Rose certainly knows where the net is far more than the 'head on a stick' forwards we seem to try. Not saying I'm a huge fan of Rose but the point is valid.

We may not have the biggest budget in the league but the league table doesn't work like that, otherwise there'd be no point kicking a ball in anger!
There'll be teams in every division with smaller budgets doing well (I doubt Luton have a top 4 Championship budget), without the raft of league two teams where we have a competitive budget.
JB and co need to take accountability (maybe stop focusing on the officials), I am sure they will if things don't end well this season. Let's hope it does as we have plenty of games to have a positive end to the season. I think the play offs would be a solid achievement.

If the budget is ever used as an excuse, maybe he isn't the person to rinse the best value out of players we'd have at our disposal.

As for injuries, I can probably count on one hand the amount of seasons in the past 30 that injuries haven't played a part. All teams get injuries, all teams got covid. If we really are that much worse off you need to look at the players we are signing, the training methods and subsequent treatment they receive.

That is a very good point you make. It's why none of the strikers under Brady have been scoring, it's his system. It's all about not losing and nick a win from a set-piece. Under him we don't create enough and if we don't nick a goal we're in big trouble. If it's true we've never come back from a losing position that says it all!
Give the stikers something to feed off then judge how good they are.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 10:15:59 am »

getting right and left mixed up when writing a team out is bad enough, then I saw Rose in central midfield.

Appere
Lubala                        Hoskins
      Pinnock          Pollock
                Sowerby

Mills Guthrie Horsfall McGowan

Roberts

i might get my boots out the shed and play right wing for Bradford against that left hand side !
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 10:20:11 am »

i might get my boots out the shed and play right wing for Bradford against that left hand side !

come up with a suggestion thats not pretty much the only option to Brady?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 11:24:34 am »

The current formation has not been successful in 2022 so I would take more risks and try a more attacking formation.

Roberts

McGowan Horsfall Guthrie Mills

Hoskins Sowerby Kioki

Appere Eppiah
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 11:27:44 am »

The current formation has not been successful in 2022 so I would take more risks and try a more attacking formation.

Roberts

Hoskins Sowerby Kioki

Appere Eppiah

Bit too risky only having ten players Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 11:39:09 am »

Bit too risky only having ten players Grin

B*GGER!

I missed Pinnock playing behind the front TWO!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 11:45:11 am »

Roberts

Hoskins Sowerby Kioki

Appere Eppiah

You missed out Pinnock el Selecto?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 13:59:28 pm »

1. Andy Holt
2. Andy Holt
3. Andy Holt
4. Andy Holt
5. Andy Holt
6. Andy Holt
7. Andy Holt
8. Andy Holt
9. Andy Holt
10. Andy Holt
11. Andy Holt

Don't care about the formation. No need for any subs, there would be pride and passion for the full 90 minutes, plus the injury time required for the crunching tackles received. It might not be pretty football, but we'd be looking at 3 points.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest2995

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 14:07:11 pm »

Roberts
Magowan    Guthrie.  Horsfall.  Koiki

Sowerby     Abimbula

Hoskins.                                  Pinnock
              Appere.      Eppiah
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 14:46:55 pm »

That is a very good point you make. It's why none of the strikers under Brady have been scoring, it's his system. It's all about not losing and nick a win from a set-piece. Under him we don't create enough and if we don't nick a goal we're in big trouble. If it's true we've never come back from a losing position that says it all!
Give the stikers something to feed off then judge how good they are.

Since Brady has pitched up, none of our strikers have scored. And we've had loads. Like you say, it simply has to be the system...

Not even Ete did well in the scoring department, he scored 3 times in 16 league games. But compared with others, that's prolific!

Its hard to make the assumption that they are all crap or all been crap. Its difficult to comprehend that our defenders score more times than our forwards, I don't recall that ever happening before over such a prolonged period of time and I doubt it has happened anywhere else?! Statistically its almost impossible to achieve!

I don't know what the answer is within our current personnel, but for me he has to try something that involves us having a pair of strikers from the start. One has to be Appere, take your pick who the other one is! With two forwards working in tandem, they *might* just start creating chances for each other. I thought (early doors) that Appere would take on the role that Ete played so well, but his attributes clearly do not suit that role. We've tried it with Rose, and it most definitely didn't work with him either. Zimba was totally isolated in the system on Saturday. So...two up front. FFS!

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2022, 15:19:35 pm »

The formation worked against Hartlepool, it tightened things up when we changed to it mid way through the first half it gets a vote from me
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: