The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 01:31:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Barrow (a) - 7 May 2022

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barrow (a) - 7 May 2022  (Read 30081 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2022, 09:15:02 am »

simple logic--bristol rovers get revenge for us panning them 25 years ago--we get revenge against mansfield for their jammy win years ago--swindon get through to wembley where we are undefeated against teams beginning with the letters sw--division 1 it is then

Rovers fans (well the active posters) hate us, they hate Brady, they want to knight Barton. Unsurprisingly full of (patronising) credit for the effort of the Sc***horpe youngsters. For your own mental health and state of mind avoid any Rovers forum. TBF you can imagine if the boot was on the other foot, that’s football. We all know it’ll ultimately end as a car crash for Barton but he has sealed his place with a bit of BR folklore.

Anyway, it’s done and Brady has a week to get them fired up again. The play offs are so tough. For example even if we won 1 v 3 in the first leg you can imagine how we’d set up at home. It’s going to be emotional again either way.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2022, 09:31:20 am »

Right… Deep breath.

Firstly. Congratulations to Bristol Rovers. They can only play what’s in front of them. Joey Barton did not pick the sCUŃThorpe side.

Secondly. Well done to the lads on an excellent away win.

Lastly. I hope the now NON league club of  sCUŃThorpe stay where their morals, tactics and lack of spine has left them, for many years to come. Nobody will ever convince me, that it is acceptable to shyte on your fellow professionals on any level like they did.

I hate the play offs. It has never been fair that the any team has to compete for a spot that they have won by right over the length of a season. We now have to embark on a ridiculous money spinning exercise, just to prove that we are worthy of a promotion place, that we have already secured over 46 fcuking games. Costing us all, if we are lucky 🙄🙄 a small fortune.

Anyway.. That me nagged out….
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:36:44 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #382 on: May 08, 2022, 09:46:26 am »

Anyone got any feedback on how the beam back went? View? Atmosphere?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2022, 09:57:40 am »

I think most of us would have taken a 3-1 win before kick off (nice to get a forecast right for once) and also pleased to see that we did not start with Sam at right wing as he would not have been in a position to score either of his goals. When he was moved back there we lost some of our attacking force and having scored 3 goals in the first 22 minutes a little disappointing that we could not add another although it probably would still have not been enough.
Having watched the EFL show on Quest so many of the Rovers goals were scored without any type of challenge from a Scunny player. It was said that delaying the game game Rovers an advantage but no mention of Scunny sending a bunch of schoolboys to play them. Playing them at home against an out of form Hartlepool in front of around 3000 fans is no comparison to sending away for a promotion deciding game in front of a packed Rovers crowd. Keith Hill should be ashamed and if this is the best team he could put out he will be looking at another relegation next season. There was a joke from a Scunny fan last week that Joey Barton was referring to them as Mrs Barton because they would be so easy to beat.
A few years ago when Danny Rose played against us for Mansfield I said that I hoped he would never wear a Cobblers shirt and after yesterday I hope he does not again. He has become an embarrassment and yesterday collected his 11th yellow card after the referee tired of him going down in an attempt to win free kicks which he was never going to get. He offers no goal threat and we might as well have brought on Adam the kit man.
Sam also got his 11th yellow card and 22 yellows from 2 attacking players is absolutely stupid particularly when 1 of them only gets on the pitch for a few minutes. You expect yellows from defensive midfielders (and McWilliams gets more than his share) and defenders but these 2 equal the number of yellows our regular back 4 have got all season, Koiki 5, Horsfall 8, Guthrie 4 and McGowan 5.
Apart from the final outcome our group of 5 enjoyed the beam back at Sixfields and judging by the long line to get served the beer sales must have been good.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2022, 10:01:00 am »

It was great, to be fair. The screen was fine and you could see well even if you were out wide from it. The atmosphere was amazing in the first half but died a death in the second, which is obviously due to events at the other end of the country rather than anything to do with the staging of the event itself.

The only real problem is the bar they had set up in the tunnel had something wrong with the pumps so it took forever to pour a pint as it was coming out mostly in froth form and there were massive queues as a result (but at least you could still see the screen from the queue!). I think we all had the same idea of buying multiple drinks while we were there,  which compounded the initial problem but meant it was much better second half.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2995

« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2022, 10:49:09 am »

Can you imagine if it was the other way around and our game was stopped and then resumed with 25 minutes to score the extra goal we needed .
Some of the praise for Barton by Hill after the game stinks to me . Something has gone on .
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2022, 11:20:42 am »

Personally have beer poured over me in the celebrations for the goals spoiled it. Thats why I don't agree with being able to drink in your seat arguement.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2022, 12:20:19 pm »

Anyone know why we parked the bus in the second half?

Seemed strange at the time and even stranger now.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2022, 12:25:05 pm »

Anyone know why we parked the bus in the second half?

Seemed strange at the time and even stranger now.

Probably didn’t expect Bristol to score 7
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #389 on: May 08, 2022, 12:41:04 pm »

Probably didn’t expect Bristol to score 7

They had 6 with about quarter of the game to go with 20 odd shots on target.

In hindsight it was probably worth grabbing a phone to check.

Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2022, 12:45:00 pm »

A few years ago when Danny Rose.......... . He offers no goal threat and we might as well have brought on Adam the kit man.

Is he any good in goal? I know he's pretty lethal in front of an open net, usually, but could he deputise for Roberts in an emergency?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2022, 12:47:17 pm »

It was so one sided that Rovers had 34 shots and 19 corners. Talking post match Martin Smith said that when he was playing if a team put out a bunch of teenagers he would be thinking "we could get 20 today".
If I was a Rovers fan I would be delighted that we had won promotion but feel that we had done so by default.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2022, 12:52:36 pm »

I hate the play offs.

Great, can I have your ticket then. TIA
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest3063

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2022, 13:04:18 pm »

It was so one sided that Rovers had 34 shots and 19 corners. Talking post match Martin Smith said that when he was playing if a team put out a bunch of teenagers he would be thinking "we could get 20 today".
If I was a Rovers fan I would be delighted that we had won promotion but feel that we had done so by default.

He also said they'd be out on their legs by 60 minutes and this proved to be the case. It was 3-0 at the 60 minute mark. 
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2022, 13:12:15 pm »

Is he any good in goal? I know he's pretty lethal in front of an open net, usually, but could he deputise for Roberts in an emergency?
Rumour has it that Rose took over in goal to see if the ref would book him again for diving   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2022, 13:23:30 pm »

I totally get what people are saying about the second half but as Brady pointed out, since Brown took over at Barrow their form has picked up and no-one has scored 3 at their place. I honestly feel that Rovers would have scored however many that they needed if we had got more. Having said that, to have won 3-1 at a difficult place when only 1 of our forward players turned up is no mean feat.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2022, 13:58:02 pm »

I might being be controversial, but I think in second half of the season Rovers have been best team in the league.

As much as I think their managers a deplorable human being, they have beaten us twice and scored more goals than us. They did what they needed to do, and would have scored 9 if they had to.

Regards our performance, we blasted them off the park in first 20 minutes, but there was alot of players who didn't have their best game and the second half,imo was woeful.

Lastly, think anyone who keeps bashing Hoskins, just needs to give it up now.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2022, 14:32:07 pm »

I might being be controversial, but I think in second half of the season Rovers have been best team in the league.

As much as I think their managers a deplorable human being, they have beaten us twice and scored more goals than us. They did what they needed to do, and would have scored 9 if they had to.

Regards our performance, we blasted them off the park in first 20 minutes, but there was alot of players who didn't have their best game and the second half,imo was woeful.

There's no "think" about it, they have been the best team! On New Years Day they sat 18th in the table, they were 14 points and 16 places behind us after 22 games played. In the January window they brought in three players.....one of whom Elliot Anderson, has scored 5 in his last six games.

We were in 2nd place, we were seven points ahead of Exeter at that time too......

So seven ahead of Exeter and 14 ahead of Bristol Rovers......yet it's all Scunny's fault we never went up!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2022, 14:40:13 pm »

The table doesn't lie, we have been better than Bristol by some margin - until yesterday.
They may have scored more but we've let in less. Don't forever the goal difference is identical.
I'm not so sure they would have got any extra, they squeaked in at the death.
The players looked as nervous as we all were. It's weird situation to be 3-1 up and still not comfortable. Fair play to Brady and co. I would't know whether to go for it or preserve the lead and hope Bristol run out of time.
Hoskins has been superb all season. We need him for our next season in League 1
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2022, 15:29:52 pm »

There's no "think" about it, they have been the best team! On New Years Day they sat 18th in the table, they were 14 points and 16 places behind us after 22 games played. In the January window they brought in three players.....one of whom Elliot Anderson, has scored 5 in his last six games.

We were in 2nd place, we were seven points ahead of Exeter at that time too......

So seven ahead of Exeter and 14 ahead of Bristol Rovers......yet it's all Scunny's fault we never went up!

Teams have good and bad spells throughout the season, the fact Bristol Rovers came good at the end of the season is pretty irrelevant, title winners Forrest Green probably aren’t at this moment one of the top ten teams. I don’t think we’ve got anything to beat ourselves up about, with hindsight any team can look at aspects where they could have done better but league 2 teams by nature are inconsistent. The way things fell just left a perfect storm of factors where the only team that could catch us happened to face the worst team at home who decided to play their youth team, with no interest in integrity, it is what is, probably under any other circumstances we would have been up with our win.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: