The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:23:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Barrow (a) - 7 May 2022

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barrow (a) - 7 May 2022  (Read 29727 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2022, 20:38:34 pm »

To anybody going into the home end, make a mental note of the local postcode, just in case they ask you.
Its LA Lancaster.
Blackpool is FY, Grimsby is DN, the list is large.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 21:09:58 pm »

Could be a riot then? Is your tkt Seated or Terrace?

I don't do rioting, I am a good lad.

I will be travelling with another local resident who grew up in Barrow. He can sort the ticket and I will stand with him. Hopefully we will do better than I predicted for his trip down to Sixfields.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 20:16:50 pm by Bingers » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 21:14:23 pm »

To anybody going into the home end, make a mental note of the local postcode, just in case they ask you.
Its LA Lancaster.

Unless you look inbred, it might be better that you claim to live in Ulverston. If you are from deepest East Northants, you can probably get away with the inbred look, so don't worry, you can say that you are from Barrow. It's the arse end of nowhere, so describe Rushden or Irthlingborough and you will be fine.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2022, 21:22:43 pm »

Unless you look inbred, it might be better that you claim to live in Ulverston. If you are from deepest East Northants, you can probably get away with the inbred look, so don't worry, you can say that you are from Barrow.
I think that you missed my point. And Barrow and Ulverston both have LA postcodes. Just trying to help.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 06:11:33 am »

I think that you missed my point. And Barrow and Ulverston both have LA postcodes. Just trying to help.

Wow you are ruffling a few feathers on the home end issue Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 07:59:44 am »

Thanks for your help Tabasco, always good to have people helping their fellow supporters. In my case I could give them my real Yorkshire postcode and they will be just as confused. It is very similar to the person I will be going with who grew up in Barrow and who regularly buys home and away tickets from them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 20:18:04 pm by Bingers » Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2022, 18:52:13 pm »

Cobblers tweet. As long as its not on that poxy scoreboard screen.

Northampton Town
@ntfc
·
5h
We are exploring the possibility of a beamback of the Barrow game at Sixfields. We are currently in discussions with the EFL, Barrow and the police to see if this may be possible and will update when we have more details. Thank you for your support. #shoearmy 👞
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 20:14:30 pm »

Its LA Lancaster.
probably be the accent you get caught out on rather than the postcode
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2022, 21:00:00 pm »

probably be the accent you get caught out on rather than the postcode

Or the fact that you can string a sentence together rather than just grunt.
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2022, 11:29:01 am »

Cobblers tweet. As long as its not on that poxy scoreboard screen.

Northampton Town
@ntfc
·
5h
We are exploring the possibility of a beamback of the Barrow game at Sixfields. We are currently in discussions with the EFL, Barrow and the police to see if this may be possible and will update when we have more details. Thank you for your support. #shoearmy 👞
Great idea and should create interest of perhaps up to 1000 fans. As you say, would need a better quality screen, more centrally placed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2022, 12:14:21 pm »

Great idea and should create interest of perhaps up to 1000 fans. As you say, would need a better quality screen, more centrally placed.

Can play it on the TV's in Carr's Bar  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2022, 12:40:15 pm »

Why can't they just let us watch it on ifollow. It's the last game of the season and it's a sell out for Cobblers fans so surely it won't affect the gate. The trouble is that if it's shown on a big screen and the sun is shining directly on it, it will be difficult to see what's going on.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2022, 12:51:18 pm »

you can watch it on ifollow
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 13:36:07 pm »

We've been to a couple of those outdoor cinema things at Delapre Abbey - the screen is mounted on the back of a lorry. I wonder if that's something they'd be able to bring in? I'd have thought you'd more than make the rental costs back in ticket sales, even if the EFL made you share the revenue with Barrow.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2022, 16:17:44 pm »

I remember the carnage at The Spinney Hill for the last World Cup when they advertised the biggest screen in town in the garden then was surprised when so many people turned up. That was on the side of a truck. Local Tescos got cleared out as well as you couldn’t get served in the bar so everyone brought cans.
Cracking afternoon but can’t remember much about the game
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2022, 21:15:44 pm »

If it is screened live would it just be ifollow's coverage with the usual satellite delay meaning you may receive a goal notification on your phone before you see it on the screen?!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2022, 23:01:40 pm »

If it is screened live would it just be ifollow's coverage with the usual satellite delay meaning you may receive a goal notification on your phone before you see it on the screen?!
Not if you turn your phone off at 3pm!
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2022, 23:56:19 pm »

you can watch it on ifollow

Only those abroad can watch it on ifollow as it's a Saturday 3pm kick off, unless they have changed the rules for this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2022, 05:18:25 am »

Only those abroad can watch it on ifollow as it's a Saturday 3pm kick off, unless they have changed the rules for this game.

VPN.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2022, 11:23:35 am »

Not if you turn your phone off at 3pm!

Everyone watching will need to turn their collective phones off!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: