The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:54:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?

Poll
Question: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?
Yes - 17 (21%)
No - 64 (79%)
Total Voters: 73

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?  (Read 21160 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 09:05:24 am »

As far as I am concerned, if that land ends up back in Council hands with no East Stand being completed, then they would have blown it.

That is the guarantee the Council have sought, I think the Trust should at least attempt to match it.

I think you need to fight this on your own merits, the Club and Council have already come to an agreement, you can argue all you want about that, but that deal is done in principle now.

It is now up to you to match or improve on that proposed agreement if you are serious about your bid. A huge part of that agreement is that if the East Stand is not built, then the Council gets the land back.

The main aim to all of this is to see the East Stand built, as that is the main area of value. That is one of the primary reasons the land is even up for sale in the first place.

You may disagree with the deal between the Council and the Club, and you are 100% within your rights to do so, you may not believe that the aims of the Council to see other East Stand completed as part of this deal will happen, again, you are 100% within your rights to say that... but as the Council own the land, and have stated they want to see the East Stand complete as part of this deal, and if it is not, they will take back that land... and have refused other bids on the failure to commit to that buy-back.... then surely you must see... for ANY other deal to be REMOTELY viable, is to match those terms as a starting point?

if you are that concerned for the football club and it's fans then surely the right thing to do is to attached that agreement to the 15 acres and not the ACV land

and how is the council getting the land back if they don't build the stand - ensuring the stand gets built Huh?   how ?

why are you not concerned with NO STAND NO LAND when you were literally banging your fists on the table saying how great it was

You had that cast iron guarantee that the stand will be completed

Now its some typical fudge you could drive a bus through based around not building the East stand - you could not make it up -

As you say the council have the power, and this is the best you can come up with in a multi million pound deal  Angry

And to top it of, you are on here constantly goading the Supporters Trust, rubbished the ACV and what it means - to get a deal that means the council get back something they already had but in 5 years time !!!!!!!!  

And you have been shouting get on with it, get on with it.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3491

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 09:17:14 am »

I have not rubbished the supporters Trust, the trust is 700 members, and there will be 700 different nuanced opinions I am sure on most topics, your email poll along showed a clear split in the membership on this issue. This is called debate.

However, on this issue, I do think the Trust board will hold back the progress that has been made and I am concerned that they will not match the deal currently on the table. I hope I am proved wrong.

However, should the Trust improve on the offer on the table, I'd find it hard to argue against it.

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2022, 09:28:11 am »

I think you need to fight this on your own merits, the Club and Council have already come to an agreement, you can argue all you want about that, but that deal is done in principle now.
This is the big problem Cllr Brown, the present owners came to an agreement with your predecessors, NBC, but completing the Stand wasn't in the final agreement, so they didn't do it and still haven't done it
    Get it in a legally binding document and you, and the owners, get my support, I really don't want history to repeat itself.

# Once bitten, twice shy 
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2022, 11:47:50 am »

I didn't vote, I did get the email. I spoke to a Trust board member and told him that I didn't think it would be a good idea as it would give KT another excuse to delay building the stand. He's had 6 years to do it, first it was NBC, then it was the leases and for the last 4 years he hasn't really had an excuse, but he's now got another 6 months where he can say "it's not my fault"
     That said, there really is no reason the building should be delayed at all, for a start the only plans anyone has seen are the 7 year old ones which, if I recall, do not have measurements on, so could not be used to build to. Also James Whiting said, when asked "Are these plans what we are going to get" said no, the plans will have alterations. So NTFC need to get some plans drawn up of what they are going to build and I assume these have to be submitted to WNC for approval ? Once the approval has been granted, the materials need to be ordered and Buckinghams asked when they can start. I very much doubt that this would all be done in under 6 months.
     Councillor Brown has been on here saying that the only deal acceptable to WNC is the CDNL deal, so there is nothing really stopping getting some proper drawings done, get them in for approval and order materials and labour is there ?
      Haven't NTFC said that the running track area would be used for "The benefit of NTFC" which would be exactly the same if the Trust raised the money and were able to buy it, so that doesn't really change much, KT & DB would still get the other 17 acres.
      As I stated on another thread, if the owners put it in a legally binding document that they will build the stand and the running track really does benefit NTFC, not pay off they debt they have run up, they would get my support. But I do remember what happened in 2016 so that's my reason for asking for a legally binding document.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 11:55:36 am »

This is the big problem Cllr Brown, the present owners came to an agreement with your predecessors, NBC, but completing the Stand wasn't in the final agreement, so they didn't do it and still haven't done it
    Get it in a legally binding document and you, and the owners, get my support, I really don't want history to repeat itself.

# Once bitten, twice shy 
100% agree with this.
Cllr Brown, at the first (I think) meeting with all the councillors it was mentioned that one of them had been added to the contract approval signature list to ensure the contract was water tight etc. Can you recall their name and if so what their background is (i.e give some confidence that the contract will be robust from the councils side).
Report Spam   Logged
guest3491

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 13:50:22 pm »

if you are that concerned for the football club and it's fans then surely the right thing to do is to attached that agreement to the 15 acres and not the ACV land

We had a deal that did this very thing.

I spoke FOR it at a Council meeting, some of you came and spoke against it.

I'm not sure what else can be said on this topic. The best deal on the table remains the current agreed deal.

Please come back ASAP with your deal and one that involves the Council getting the land back if you don't build the East Stand.

Have a nice day sir.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2022, 14:11:40 pm »

I didn't vote, I did get the email. I spoke to a Trust board member and told him that I didn't think it would be a good idea as it would give KT another excuse to delay building the stand. He's had 6 years to do it, first it was NBC, then it was the leases and for the last 4 years he hasn't really had an excuse, but he's now got another 6 months where he can say "it's not my fault"
     That said, there really is no reason the building should be delayed at all, for a start the only plans anyone has seen are the 7 year old ones which, if I recall, do not have measurements on, so could not be used to build to. Also James Whiting said, when asked "Are these plans what we are going to get" said no, the plans will have alterations. So NTFC need to get some plans drawn up of what they are going to build and I assume these have to be submitted to WNC for approval ? Once the approval has been granted, the materials need to be ordered and Buckinghams asked when they can start. I very much doubt that this would all be done in under 6 months.
     Councillor Brown has been on here saying that the only deal acceptable to WNC is the CDNL deal, so there is nothing really stopping getting some proper drawings done, get them in for approval and order materials and labour is there ?
      Haven't NTFC said that the running track area would be used for "The benefit of NTFC" which would be exactly the same if the Trust raised the money and were able to buy it, so that doesn't really change much, KT & DB would still get the other 17 acres.
      As I stated on another thread, if the owners put it in a legally binding document that they will build the stand and the running track really does benefit NTFC, not pay off they debt they have run up, they would get my support. But I do remember what happened in 2016 so that's my reason for asking for a legally binding document.

Spot on and agree.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2022, 14:17:12 pm »

I'm interested in why you didn't vote then as it's now played out exactly like you thought it would.

Agree with what you say about the contracts and I'm worried that simple message is getting lost amongst all the public back and forths, ACV bid and long winded letters to the council.  It's an important message and I don't understand why the sole focus isn't on that alone.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2022, 14:44:41 pm »

A poll on FB has so far attracted 318 votes....

304 NO

14 YES
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
guest49

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2022, 14:58:24 pm »

A poll on FB has so far attracted 318 votes....

304 NO

14 YES

It irrelevant really as 7 people who matter all voted for it. That’s if the website is working correctly.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2022, 15:13:15 pm »

Why can’t we find owners who aren’t linking our clubs to land deals???

That’s what we actually need.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2022, 15:20:25 pm »

Why can’t we find owners who aren’t linking our clubs to land deals???

That’s what we actually need.
Exeter sold land to fund their stadium, Luton are selling land to fund their stadium, Peterborough are selling land to fund their stadium. Why cant we?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2022, 15:22:08 pm »

We all know that irrespective of the outcome of any vote the trust board were going to invoke the ACV. They still haven't gotten over being told to leave the sandpit on the day that DB/KT arrived. It's all a personal vendetta from a group of very sad individuals.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2022, 15:29:35 pm »

Exeter sold land to fund their stadium, Luton are selling land to fund their stadium, Peterborough are selling land to fund their stadium. Why cant we?
I don’t care about those clubs
The question I’ve asked is why can’t we?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2022, 15:31:50 pm »

We all know that irrespective of the outcome of any vote the trust board were going to invoke the ACV. They still haven't gotten over being told to leave the sandpit on the day that DB/KT arrived. It's all a personal vendetta from a group of very sad individuals.
It does work both ways
Why did KT alienate the trust as a condition of taking over?
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2022, 15:34:08 pm »

It does work both ways
Why did KT alienate the trust as a condition of taking over?

Because the trust were represented on the board under the previous owner...that worked out well!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2022, 15:42:00 pm »

Because the trust were represented on the board under the previous owner...that worked out well!  Roll Eyes

The trust would like you all to conveniently forget that episode and their refusal to attend meetings etc. etc.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2022, 15:43:05 pm »

I'd be interested to know if all of the proceeds of the sale of land in those 3 examples you cited are being used to fund stadium redevelopment, because if it is, and you are using them as examples of a template, we shouldn't just be tarting up the stand we should be redeveloping Sixfields into something wholly unrecognisable from what it is now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2022, 15:45:28 pm »

Curiously neither did I for those same reasons. Had abstaining not been an option though I would have voted to invoke.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2022, 15:54:22 pm »

Just a quick question to those moaning
Will you be boycotting home games because the future of the club was voted on without your consultation or will you be carrying on regardless?

You can’t have your cake and eat it
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: