The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:25:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?

Poll
Question: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?
Yes - 17 (21%)
No - 64 (79%)
Total Voters: 73

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?  (Read 21142 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:16 pm »

Serious question Random, or anyone, why or how did KT invoke the ACV? I don't follow...

Hi CJ

By arranging with the council to buy the freehold for the running track ACV land

As the Trust asked for it to be an asset of community value, which the council granted, it meant that if it was to be sold, you have up to 6 months to make an offer.

If they had kept it out of any land deal, we would not have had to invoke anything.

However, since they did, I am hoping it ends up being a good think and something very positive comes from the land rather than it just being overgrown and unused

Hope that answers your question
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2022, 12:32:02 pm »

Random, like I said it's a rumour I heard on the way to the game on Saturday, I know people connected with the Trust like to push the Libel thing, but it's only a rumour.
As for your question regards the ACV land ,would it be better in the hands of the supporters ? Yes.
Would it be better in the hands of the Trust ? No, not in a million years.

Not sure you posting I heard a rumour, allows you to make a clear defamation statement as you did.

So which supporters would you like to see it in the hands off and why exactly?

Or put it another, what would the Trust need to say and DO with the ACV land for you to be happy? (genuine question)
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2022, 12:33:20 pm »

That's a great listen and pretty much sums up my thoughts and frustrations with the Trust. I think the Trust board and their advisers would do very well to listen to the segment you've highlighted.
Completely agree.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2022, 12:41:03 pm »

Ahhhh I see in your parallel universe our owners are doing us a massive favour, what a joke, they are here for one reason and you know it, to take the money from the enabling land and disappear.

Fair play to you after calling someone else brave for their comments 😀😀

I have no idea how you can substantiate that comment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2022, 12:45:22 pm »

Completely agree.

another genuine question

The Trust need more man or women power

Why not get involved and help shape a supporters Trust that works better for it's membership and all supporters?

Or how about a bit of balance for once.

I assume those who support and defend KT so vigorously, on the back of very little infrastructure improvements, will be absolutely delighted to get behind the Trust when we do come forward with a profitable action plan that will raise considerable funds for the stadium every season.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2022, 12:46:37 pm »

Nigel as things progress are you will to use your substantial experience to move the Trust plans forward on the ACV?

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2022, 12:55:04 pm »

Heard a rumour that KT wants to sell 3/4 of the ACV land to pay off his debt,  sounds like a plan

No fans village, tiny car park and limited access to the East stand, all in front of a massive Buckingham build warehouse

Versus

Clear access for the East stand (i would transfer it back to the remaining ACV land - Sorry Cllr Bignall not a ransom strip at all )

Facilities that will increase the match day offering and experience

Decent profits into Sixfields Foundation to improve the stadium - ideally for both small projects and also part funding larger projects like NHE, South stand etc

(all run by professionals and accountable to supporters - with Supporters , club and possibly council, funding committee to decide where to allocate funds)

Not sure how any supporter of NTFC cannot get behind the Trust and that plan

KT has had almost 7 years and £40m to improve the stadium, what has he done?  more importantly what and when does he plan to do anything further?

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2022, 12:56:37 pm »

still waiting to hear what was the result of the 3 Buckingham meetings?

Any more plans or CGI's to show us fans?

thought not - oh i forgot the Trust invoked the ACV so suddenly those meeting are wiped from the memory !!!

You could not make it up
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2022, 13:00:25 pm »

another genuine question

The Trust need more man or women power

Why not get involved and help shape a supporters Trust that works better for it's membership and all supporters?

Or how about a bit of balance for once.

I assume those who support and defend KT so vigorously, on the back of very little infrastructure improvements, will be absolutely delighted to get behind the Trust when we do come forward with a profitable action plan that will raise considerable funds for the stadium every season.

I shouldn't have to join to shape them. You are supposed to represent the fans. Do you think you are doing that?
If I thought you did then I would accept where we differ. I actually want you to. I want a strong representative Trust, but in my opinion we don't have that. For what its worth I still wouldn't join as its not my sort of thing.

I have tried to offer some balance but I dont support the actions you have taken or the tone in which you have done it (you being the Trust, not you personally) so its always going to be biased one way. You may have missed it as there is a lot of messages but I suggested contacting Sport England, Lottery etc to see if they would fund a project or at least get an understanding of what they would fund to help short list the ideas you are generating. I also asked, with no agenda, what time timescale was as I wanted to know what the expectations were. Eventually I got  a reply of 6-8 weeks (i think) which is fine. I accept that. I also understand it may be delayed if the people you are talking to what time to do their own analysis etc, thats fine, but encourage you to update your members through the process. Dont rely on 'KT doesn't so why should we'. You have a great opportunity to shame them, be transparent, be open to ideas, be the more accessible group.

One thing I strongly suggest you re think is just because I criticise the Trust, doesnt mean I "support and defend KT so vigorously". In everything I have seen on here I don't actually think anyone does. Its not binary. Its not one good one evil. I have stated multiple times I have contacted KT and JW on several occasions. There is a lot he could have and should have done.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2022, 13:02:18 pm »

still waiting to hear what was the result of the 3 Buckingham meetings?

Any more plans or CGI's to show us fans?

thought not - oh i forgot the Trust invoked the ACV so suddenly those meeting are wiped from the memory !!!

You could not make it up
Random, we're less sh1t than them is a really poor position to take. With all respect I suggest you stop with this approach and put your efforts into being better than them and showing us fans what a positive, football centric group looks like.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2022, 13:07:53 pm »

Heard a rumour that KT wants to sell 3/4 of the ACV land to pay off his debt,  sounds like a plan

No fans village, tiny car park and limited access to the East stand, all in front of a massive Buckingham build warehouse

Versus

Clear access for the East stand (i would transfer it back to the remaining ACV land - Sorry Cllr Bignall not a ransom strip at all )

Facilities that will increase the match day offering and experience

Decent profits into Sixfields Foundation to improve the stadium - ideally for both small projects and also part funding larger projects like NHE, South stand etc

(all run by professionals and accountable to supporters - with Supporters , club and possibly council, funding committee to decide where to allocate funds)

Not sure how any supporter of NTFC cannot get behind the Trust and that plan

KT has had almost 7 years and £40m to improve the stadium, what has he done?  more importantly what and when does he plan to do anything further?

Every fan I'm sure will agree with this principle. But its rumour vs hypothetical
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2022, 13:09:20 pm »

Random I will answer another of your questions.
What would I like the Trust to do with the ACV land ?  I want it to be signed over to a fully independent supporter's representative body. One that listens to the fans and not just ignores and berates them for having an opinion.

Now I know you avoid and hate answering questions put to you, but.
Random, do you or the Trust think that the Trusts special advisor was correct to communicate with the rival bidders for the land ? Or was it a conflict of interest ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3338

« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2022, 13:38:11 pm »

You are supposed to represent the fans.
How can he represent you when you don't support him through membership?
It's quite clear the only mandate the Trust board have is representation of their members, and some argue they don't do that properly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2022, 13:40:10 pm »

Random, we're less sh1t than them is a really poor position to take. With all respect I suggest you stop with this approach and put your efforts into being better than them and showing us fans what a positive, football centric group looks like.
Being less s*** than a few others has kept us out the non league for over 100 hundred years. Don't knock it.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2022, 13:40:19 pm »

Sorry for being pedantic Derek, any chance of an answer?

It’s just that if your statement about access across the ACV land being necessary to complete the East Stand is accurate, then it won’t get finished on basic principle of contract law.

Thanks in advance.
Derek, to reiterate you stated it would not be possible to complete the East Stand without having access via the ACV land. You stated it was “Looney Tunes” to suggest the Trust would deny access. I put it to you that no contract lawyer would condone the signing of any contract based on faith and asked you to get this confirmed by John Morgan. If this is confirmed it would mean that the club are justified in suspending completion of the East Stand until such time as the ACV issue is resolved. Please can you advise if you have had this justification confirmed as accurate or otherwise by the Trusts legal advisor? Thank you in advance.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2022, 13:52:26 pm »

You could not make it up

But you are. And certainly have before. Trouble maker.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2022, 13:54:37 pm »

Derek, to reiterate you stated it would not be possible to complete the East Stand without having access via the ACV land. You stated it was “Looney Tunes” to suggest the Trust would deny access. I put it to you that no contract lawyer would condone the signing of any contract based on faith and asked you to get this confirmed by John Morgan. If this is confirmed it would mean that the club are justified in suspending completion of the East Stand until such time as the ACV issue is resolved. Please can you advise if you have had this justification confirmed as accurate or otherwise by the Trusts legal advisor? Thank you in advance.

It might be quicker to ask Cilldara...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3481

« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2022, 14:02:06 pm »

How can he represent you when you don't support him through membership?
It's quite clear the only mandate the Trust board have is representation of their members, and some argue they don't do that properly.
Fair point. But my thought remains the same that they don't represent their members.
If they did maybe they would have more of them. Who knows
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2022, 14:03:30 pm »

........I am hoping it ends up being a good think (I think you mean thing) and something very positive comes from the land rather than it just being overgrown and unused

Derek - I think the above summarises very well why so many fans (neither KT lovers or Trust haters) are concerned about the decision - hope is absolutely not a strategy and again we are all waiting with varying degrees of patience as to what the plans for the land are now - you really have to move on (for at least the next 4 months) on what KT/DB have or haven't done with the land, stand or infrastructure to what the Trust's plan actually is - they have made a decision on behalf of all the supporters so when can we expect an update?
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2022, 14:05:02 pm »

Does anyone know if the Trust are still having PR issues?   Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: