The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:03:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?

Poll
Question: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?
Yes - 17 (21%)
No - 64 (79%)
Total Voters: 73

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should The Trust Have Invoked The ACV?  (Read 21573 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #500 on: May 01, 2022, 11:53:40 am »

I can only assume that the Trust have had the opportunity to run the club, or at least be pivotal in its running. Why did they agreed to KT taking over, yet neither they nor the council managed to get a single thing in writing in terms of appropriate reassurances. How come KT was the obvious choice, when apparently we was awash with local business men, lining up to run the club. Why weren’t alternatives, more appealing to the Trust brought in?  The argument raised when anyone suggests that KT saved the club at that time, is rubbished by certain Trust board members and ex members. This is because they say that a local consortium was waiting in the wings. Well… Why wasn’t the local consortium engaged and given the job?

As for the ACV. I really don’t care about comparisons in time between the club and the Trust. The club as been winding its way through all manner of negotiations in order to obtain the land. The land that they believe will assist them in running the club and completing the East stand. Of course you can argue about years old promises, but it was always going to be the case that they wanted the land. That’s been known for years. So nobody can pretend it’s a shock. Likewise with the Trust. They have have a huge amount of time to prepare themselves for the scenario where they would invoke the ACV. They have had a the luxury of a more leisurely pace than the club. Because they haven’t until now, as far as I’m aware, had the issues of running a league two football club in a completely flawed and broken financial system, where supporters expectations are expected to be bankrolled by the clubs owners.

So now it is a bit more of a level playing field. Mine, and everyone else’s eyes are deflected from the club and now rest on the Trust. Our expectations are buoyed up by the likes of Random reassuring us, that something constructive is imminent. They have had a long time to prepare for this eventuality. Like most, I expect something special. As I have always and still do from the club.

Just out of interest. Have the Trust tried badgering Shoemaker. To see if his “ready to buy a football club” mate is interested in forming a formidable partnership  Grin Tongue

Just as a footnote. I still believe the ACV should have been invoked. Still contingent on what I said at the time. Only in the event that it bare fruit for the supporters of NTFC. I believe any credibility the Trust have, would be eroded immediately if it appears as nothing more than a punitive gesture.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #501 on: May 01, 2022, 12:30:42 pm »

Sorry Carton and this is not meant in anyway as a personal insult however for me this perhaps illustrates a degree of financial naivety on the part of the trust - I hope it’s not the case because we are at a serious crossroads on the future of our club

In those 6 years compare the two entities - the trust have run coaches, raised money by various means  and been a vehicle for the voice of the fans (not getting into the argument about democracy and recent decisions). Individuals have given up their time for the benefit of the club - all good stuff and to be applauded.

The club owners on the other hand have bankrolled the club to the tune of £1 million per season (please forget the so called Chinese money because even if they overall gained a significant sum here it’s their money to do as they wish or indeed bring in the old argument of director loans rather than simply giving cash) much more pertinent is that £1million pa loss is pretty average for a club at our level - that’s simply what it typically costs to run a L2 club. Without someone providing that sort of support we wouldn’t be where we are today. Additionally the club staff, paid by the owners have done some fantastic work in the community which should also be applauded

Now I personally think the owners should have completed the stand earlier based on what most people saw as a commitment at that time but unfortunately without timescale or contractual obligation - but let’s be honest the East Stand, an inherited problem, has, is and will be a bit of a red herring in all of this - completing it will tidy the ground up and possible generate a bit more income but certainly won’t cover the clubs running costs.

So back to the trust’s objective - my understanding is they would like to move towards an infrastructure based organisation that generates operating income to finance the club so it is less dependent on individual owners who may not have the well being of the club as their top priority - fantastic and I support such a concept 100% but it’s not easy and is likely to require significant financial backers and a good working relationship with both the council and the current lease holders - in my opinion certain individuals are completely unsuited to that sort of relationship building and simply blaming the other side (even if justified) simply doesn’t cut it.

…..but the acid test in the real world is having invoked the ACV the trust have to come up with a deliverable rather than constant dialog on what KT has or hasn’t done - the ball is firmly in their court now and it’s a significant responsibility.

Derek has stated the trust will be releasing it’s plans in the next few weeks and as agreed I’m not pre-judging that so await with interest and no small degree of concern.

The only reason they may or may not be bank rolling the club is that its losing money hand over fist with its poor infrastructure, poor league positions and severe match day losses.
If you took the amount of losses made due to the above = what it is cdnl/thomas have put in, I'd say cdnl would owe ntfc money.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #502 on: May 01, 2022, 12:57:35 pm »

I can only assume that the Trust have had the opportunity to run the club, or at least be pivotal in its running. Why did they agreed to KT taking over, yet neither they nor the council managed to get a single thing in writing in terms of appropriate reassurances. How come KT was the obvious choice, when apparently we was awash with local business men, lining up to run the club. Why weren’t alternatives, more appealing to the Trust brought in?  The argument raised when anyone suggests that KT saved the club at that time, is rubbished by certain Trust board members and ex members. This is because they say that a local consortium was waiting in the wings. Well… Why wasn’t the local consortium engaged and given the job?

As for the ACV. I really don’t care about comparisons in time between the club and the Trust. The club as been winding its way through all manner of negotiations in order to obtain the land. The land that they believe will assist them in running the club and completing the East stand. Of course you can argue about years old promises, but it was always going to be the case that they wanted the land. That’s been known for years. So nobody can pretend it’s a shock. Likewise with the Trust. They have have a huge amount of time to prepare themselves for the scenario where they would invoke the ACV. They have had a the luxury of a more leisurely pace than the club. Because they haven’t until now, as far as I’m aware, had the issues of running a league two football club in a completely flawed and broken financial system, where supporters expectations are expected to be bankrolled by the clubs owners.

So now it is a bit more of a level playing field. Mine, and everyone else’s eyes are deflected from the club and now rest on the Trust. Our expectations are buoyed up by the likes of Random reassuring us, that something constructive is imminent. They have had a long time to prepare for this eventuality. Like most, I expect something special. As I have always and still do from the club.

Just out of interest. Have the Trust tried badgering Shoemaker. To see if his “ready to buy a football club” mate is interested in forming a formidable partnership  Grin Tongue

Just as a footnote. I still believe the ACV should have been invoked. Still contingent on what I said at the time. Only in the event that it bare fruit for the supporters of NTFC. I believe any credibility the Trust have, would be eroded immediately if it appears as nothing more than a punitive gesture.

Good post.
This really is time for the Trust to step up. If they do have ambitions for the club and the backing to make them happen, then great, nobody is going to be sniping at them then.
First of all though I think they need to start a publicity drive to get the majority of fans behind them. What is the Trust all about? It appears to many as though it's a small group of friends with buckets, who raise a few quid to buy things like (dare I say it?) TV's for Carrs Bar.
The people I go to games with don't look at this forum, know little about the Trust, know even less about Cilldara and have never heard of the ACV. They are people who enjoy going to watch their local team play and occasionally win football matches. And yes, they think KT is a good old boy who saved us from going down the pan.

So good luck to the Trust and the revolution which will turn us into a vibrant competitive football club, but first of all turn on the charm instead of the snarls and get the majority of the ordinary fans on your side.
Remember, divided we stand, united we rise. UTC
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #503 on: May 01, 2022, 13:17:41 pm »

I'm surprised Exeter weren't singing '4 Million on the hip, ringfenced, and you fcuk4d it up' from the East yesterday.
If only they knew and cared.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #504 on: May 01, 2022, 13:24:32 pm »

I'm surprised Exeter weren't singing '4 Million on the hip, ringfenced, and you fcuk4d it up' from the East yesterday.

elginCityVery well known Exeweb poster

JoinedMessagesLocation

Considering the size of the town, was surprised at how modest Sixfields is. Perhaps there are plans to increase capacity.

That said, very impressive on the field and off of it, found them a very friendly bunch of Cobblers, generally

Interesting post from Exeters forum.

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #505 on: May 01, 2022, 14:43:06 pm »

The only reason they may or may not be bank rolling the club is that its losing money hand over fist with its poor infrastructure, poor league positions and severe match day losses.
If you took the amount of losses made due to the above = what it is cdnl/thomas have put in, I'd say cdnl would owe ntfc money.

Go back to bed idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2022, 14:54:19 pm »

I’m not sure how well that scans 😁. I think if anyone was going to point the finger, they could do a lot worse than suggest how much we should rue the damage done by the council and their negligence surrounding an appropriate lease structure. As well as the dissemination of the original loan into the hands of thieves. Albeit, I still see Cardoza as more of a victim, than some criminal mastermind.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2022, 15:38:43 pm »

Albeit, I still see Cardoza as more of a victim, than some criminal mastermind.

A willing victim, happy to trouser a few million with the help of his new mates. None of them criminal masterminds, all way out of their depth.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2022, 15:38:47 pm »

I’m not sure how well that scans 😁. I think if anyone was going to point the finger, they could do a lot worse than suggest how much we should rue the damage done by the council and their negligence surrounding an appropriate lease structure. As well as the dissemination of the original loan into the hands of thieves. Albeit, I still see Cardoza as more of a victim, than some criminal mastermind.

I have to agree Nige, he hardly comes across as a My Big, I reckon he's the fall guy set up by the Bushey Boys.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2022, 16:11:57 pm »

None of them criminal masterminds, all way out of their depth.
They lost 10 million down the back of the sofa and 6 years later they still haven't been brought to book for it.
How impressed do you need to be?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #510 on: May 01, 2022, 16:23:52 pm »

Well I thought it was funny, and kind of appropriate in a basic way given their own developments.
You can leave a door open but the guilty bast@rd is still the one who walks in and steals the wonga in my book. All too easy blaming the council by way of deflection. How much credit do you give them for writing off the debt and allowing our club to survive, or is that nothing to do with them and all KT's magnificent doing?
We do agree that Cardoza was the likely understudy to his mates though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #511 on: May 01, 2022, 16:25:02 pm »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #512 on: May 01, 2022, 16:34:34 pm »

They lost 10 million down the back of the sofa and 6 years later they still haven't been brought to book for it.
How impressed do you need to be?

still haven't...
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 01, 2022, 16:55:39 pm »

Well I thought it was funny, and kind of appropriate in a basic way given their own developments.
You can leave a door open but the guilty bast@rd is still the one who walks in and steals the wonga in my book. All too easy blaming the council by way of deflection. How much credit do you give them for writing off the debt and allowing our club to survive, or is that nothing to do with them and all KT's magnificent doing?
We do agree that Cardoza was the likely understudy to his mates though.

Oh yeeeaaaah…They paid off that debt through the kindness of their hearts. Nothing to do with the fact that nobody would go near the club and THEIR stadium without that sweetener  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #514 on: May 01, 2022, 17:22:46 pm »

Smiley

That's cool. Here's a time-lapse video of the East Stand work at Sixfields:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 17:25:56 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #515 on: May 01, 2022, 17:38:06 pm »

You’ve been told on numerous occasions that the reason KT got the club was because of the £4m ring fenced money and the MoU containing a promise to complete that terrible stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #516 on: May 01, 2022, 17:39:28 pm »

Smiley

£3.5m and looks very basic. A lot of that must have been taking the old one down. Nice video though. There’d be a lot of sunrises/sunsets on ours!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 01, 2022, 17:44:39 pm »

You’ve been told on numerous occasions that the reason KT got the club was because of the £4m ring fenced money and the MoU containing a promise to complete that terrible stand.

You been told an equal amount of times that he was never going to do it unless the appropriate safeguards were put into place, or when they got the land… They we’re not incorporated into the negotiations. He didn't use the much fabled 4 million, except to bankroll us since. So that makes those that made that observation at the start of his tenure right. Activating smug mode  Grin Grin

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 18:45:19 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #518 on: May 01, 2022, 18:19:40 pm »

£3.5m and looks very basic. A lot of that must have been taking the old one down. Nice video though. There’d be a lot of sunrises/sunsets on ours!
Well the brain of bedfordshire reckons the south stand would cost £1.5m and considering that they both look to be about the same length you really have to wonder where he gets his figures from
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3338

« Reply #519 on: May 01, 2022, 18:22:46 pm »

Bills to pay and minds to break (hence 3.5 million?)
It seems like access came from pitchside, we'd have to postpone at least one whole season or play on the racecourse to achieve similar.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: