The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 16:45:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Harrogate Town (h) Easter Monday

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrogate Town (h) Easter Monday  (Read 4546 times)
Charlatan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2022, 18:26:54 pm »

Not sure about that, Orient won away at Swindon today despite playing pretty much the who game with 10 men and Barrow picked up a draw at Salford, two good results away at play off rivals, both of whom we’ve got to play away with the other game being Exeter.

You just need to look at some of the other results today to know it’s almost irrelevant who the opposition is as any game is capable of easily being a potential banana skin.
Good post Lee. I can't believe people are saying we've got an easy run-in, we barely laid a glove on Barrow when they beat us at Sixfields
 Also our record V Orient is awful. It's all about who has the most bottle now, forget the performance it really results that count. Well done to lads today a good  performance. UTC
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2022, 18:33:43 pm »

Even Kabamba scored twice today (albeit against the worst side in the National League). Perhaps Woking will keep him. A win win.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2022, 18:36:45 pm »

You can’t just abandon your post in times of crises. 

Exactly. Y
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2022, 18:58:34 pm »

How can you possibly tell that was a comfortable victory from the other side of the Atlantic. Your opinion is not valid and I insist you refrain from commenting on issues that you can't possibly know about.

He is entitled to his opinion all the same Undecided Please be fair and in the name of sportmanship and Freddy Trueman always give a man a chance! Mind you and in the name of consistency how about Madrid Cobbler, the great Feely,Frosty and a few others too. You must learn to be even handed as we will not ever be promoted. Carry on GPC you are a great man.

Sallust book iv
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 19:37:52 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2022, 19:02:03 pm »

Good post Lee. I can't believe people are saying we've got an easy run-in, we barely laid a glove on Barrow when they beat us at Sixfields
 Also our record V Orient is awful. It's all about who has the most bottle now, forget the performance it really results that count. Well done to lads today a good  performance. UTC

It could actually turn out that we’ve already done enough to make the play offs, although you don’t want to go into the semis off the back of three defeats!
The way this season has panned out I wouldn’t be surprised if we make the autos. It’s definitely been a very strange one.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2022, 19:33:17 pm »

The way this season has panned out I wouldn’t be surprised if we make the autos. It’s definitely been a very strange one.

My suspicion is that League Two is a particularly poor division this season with no really good sides. It wouldn't surprise me if the sides at the top of the National League are better than any in League Two - Stockport and Wrexham in particular and a number of former league sides as well. Perhaps it's because they have greater financial clout.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2022, 19:42:44 pm »

My suspicion is that League Two is a particularly poor division this season with no really good sides. It wouldn't surprise me if the sides at the top of the National League are better than any in League Two - Stockport and Wrexham in particular and a number of former league sides as well. Perhaps it's because they have greater financial clout.

There are some very wealthy people in the Shire. A pity none of them seem to be Cobblers fanatics.
I think Stockport will do OK next season. No guarantee that Wrexham will make it this year.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2022, 19:46:11 pm »

In his game summary JB made a special plea for support at Orient who will be gunning for us. A decent turn out in full swing will make a difference to the team he added.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2022, 21:12:39 pm »

Sam Hoskins said there are no easy games in division 2 .
I beg to differ . This was one .
Totally outplayed Harrogate who had tiny support .
We looked a decent side against them today and didn’t get into 2nd gear .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: