The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:33:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Grounds Visited

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounds Visited  (Read 6173 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« on: April 21, 2022, 11:52:01 am »

Random's question about the attractions of away grounds has just made me think. I've skimmed down the league tables from Premier league down to National League North/South and, throwing in a few oddities that sprang to mind (Bury, Rushden etc) and counting clubs that have moved twice (once for each ground I've visited) I've hit a grand total of 104 grounds I've visited, the vast majority of which were for Cobblers matches.

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing, but I'm generally quite pleased with that!

How about everyone else?

Edit: realised I'd missed Wembley, the Millennium Stadium and Parkhead - 107.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 12:56:57 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 12:00:36 pm »

I recommended this if you can remember all the grounds you've been too... https://www.footballgroundmap.com/

currently on 63, majority with Northampton, along with a few Leicester. Don't really go out my way to go to different grounds, so as a 29 year old I was actually supprised I have done so many...although saying that, I went to Goodison Park for the first time yesterday, because it might have been my last chance to go. Mainly cause I was annoyed at missing out on White Hart Lane, Upton Park etc.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 12:31:35 pm »

Out of the current 92 ive done 64
With NTFC  58
Plus grounds such as Ninnan Park, The Vetch, Roker Park, Clubs now non league Etc also add the games to watch England play thats gives another 67

Giving a total across 22 Countries of 131
 Plus a visit on a non match day to The Nou Camp.

As a footnote , not once was a visit to the any of the above based on Toilets, seats, car parking etc  Grin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 12:37:59 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 13:36:28 pm »

Probably only been to 30-40 grounds in the UK. I left to travel The World at quite an early age. I have however been to all the grounds in the M-League, S-League and quite a few in the Thai League and Indonesian League.
If it's toilets and food you're concerned with grounds in the S-League are excellent with great food inside and just outside the grounds and plenty of Tiger to drink inside as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 15:18:21 pm »

Using BONs criteria, four divisions, three national league divisions, teams old/new grounds: Leicester, Swansea, Poxford, NTFC, Barnet, Darlo, Wembley, Rotherham (dont forget the Sheffield Don Valley stadium) Bury, and Rushden, a total of 103. All of these following the Cobblers. I have not included non league teams, pre season or not, England away games (eight when I had a ticket) Villa Park (Bruce Springsteen), Coventry Richo (Bon Jovi) girlfriends fault, not mine.  Grin
Make that 104, I forgot Bath, in the pouring rain, when "Whoosh" bought down the guttering above the home end.
I think that this may change, when people reference some obscure games. Evers, will go a long way back in time.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 16:17:09 pm »

Coventry Richo (Bon Jovi) girlfriends fault, not mine.  Grin

I was at that one too. Talk about phoning a performance in - I lost interest and was reading something on my phone when I realised they were doing Living on a Prayer!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 16:24:52 pm »

Of the current 92 i'm on 87...... Barrow, Cardiff, Tottenham, Man City and Brentford are the ones missing. Including four abroad (Barcelona, Espanyol, Sporting Lisbon and Orlando City) my grand total is now 149.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 16:39:42 pm »

I was at that one too. Talk about phoning a performance in - I lost interest and was reading something on my phone when I realised they were doing Living on a Prayer!
A mate drove, forget to note the name of the street that we were parked in, and afterwards we spent ages wandering around looking for his car!
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 16:48:44 pm »

I’m never quite sure how this works, not wanting to be part of any club for visiting grounds. I know I have hit the 92 a couple of times. But with a few moving to new grounds. And some new teams coming into the league, I must be at about 87…

My favourite grounds in (only looking at English league clubs) have to be Mk Dons, Reading, Portsmouth, St James's Park (Newcastle), Elland Road and of course, the mighty Stamford bridge.

I do like the look of Fulham as well.. I was lucky enough to have a bit of a tour with a mate from Buckingham’s recently. It is already the best located ground in the country, before thy built the new stand. I’m sure they’ll do a similar job on the East stand.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 16:56:12 pm »

I’m never quite sure how this works, not wanting to be part of any club for visiting grounds. I know I have hit the 92 a couple of times. But with a few moving to new grounds. And some new teams coming into the league, I must be at about 87…

My favourite grounds in (only looking at English league clubs) have to be Mk Dons, Reading, Portsmouth, St James's Park (Newcastle), Elland Road and of course, the mighty Stamford bridge.

I do like the look of Fulham as well.. I was lucky enough to have a bit of a tour with a mate from Buckingham’s recently. It is already the best located ground in the country, before thy built the new stand. I’m sure they’ll do a similar job on the East stand.

Grin Grin

They will if they get paid enough I guess!! I liked the New Plough Lane, again a Buckingham project.....showed me what a lower league club should be capable of and hope to aspire to. I'm not sure that no extra seats for the normal punter and 10 boxes really cuts it for me!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 17:02:37 pm »

Grin Grin

They will if they get paid enough I guess!! I liked the New Plough Lane, again a Buckingham project.....showed me what a lower league club should be capable of and hope to aspire to. I'm not sure that no extra seats for the normal punter and 10 boxes really cuts it for me!  Wink

You can join me in my executive box  Grin I hear they are doing 3 in a row with adjoining doors. For the Chairman, Sixfields travel and the Trust 😜
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 17:05:32 pm »

You can join me in my executive box  Grin I hear they are doing 3 in a row with adjoining doors. For the Chairman, Sixfields travel and the Trust 😜
Bulletproof glass, soundproofing and the full works?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 17:08:23 pm »

Think I'm on about 80 (almost all watching NTFC)

Not been to many Prem grounds and lately lots of "non-league" clubs

There was certain times when I said, i'm not bothering going there - usually a combination of crap ground and crap team at the time

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 17:48:26 pm »

Absolutely one of my favourite days out, back in the nineties. A day of on the lash, in that Laandon, running circles around the stewards and police, taking the piss out of Keegan, someone jumping on my back when Jason white white white scored, convincing Steve Massive Massey it was a good idea to try and feed xtra strong mints to a police horse, (sorry mate, couldnt resist)  Grin the speaker wires being cut, in the Firkin pub after they pumped up the volume to drown out the singing, someone hurling a portion of fish across the high street, and hitting a Fulham gobs***e straight in the face, being herded back to the tube station by horses and helicopters. And for the benefit of Beds and Random, an open terrace, pouring rain, portaloos, garbage catering, no parking, and do you know what? I LOVED IT.
No trouble, and a grand day out.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2022, 17:56:03 pm »

78/92 with the Cobblers. Original 92 completed with the Cobblers at Blackburn a few seasons back, though haven't been to the reincarnations at Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton, Wimbledon, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Swansea.

Two thirds of National League, around half of both National League North and South.

Eight in Italy. Seven with Torino, one with England.
Around another fifteen or so throughout Europe, mostly in Latvia or with England.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 17:59:26 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 18:34:10 pm »

99 in total, 64 of the current 92. So, next new ground will be the ton. I hope they've got nice toilets.

Edit - Just remembered that I've been to Olympiastadion Berlin so my 100th ground would have been Pride Park. The toilets were beautiful so it wasn't a wasted trip.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 18:36:13 pm by The 12th Marquis of Sixfields » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 18:56:37 pm »

I've done the 92 a few times, but of the current ones I've got New Spurs, London Stadium (WHU), new Brentford and Wimbledon and Barrow until a couple of weeks time. In total, I think I'm up to 157 English grounds of which 144 have been watching NTFC. Of this total you have the likes of Rotherham, 3 different grounds and loads of the old grounds Bradford PA watching the Cobblers.
    Also been to a lot a Scottish grounds and quite a few in Europe.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 19:03:20 pm »

I've done the 92 a few times, but of the current ones I've got New Spurs, London Stadium (WHU), new Brentford and Wimbledon and Barrow until a couple of weeks time. In total, I think I'm up to 157 English grounds of which 144 have been watching NTFC. Of this total you have the likes of Rotherham, 3 different grounds and loads of the old grounds Bradford PA watching the Cobblers.
    Also been to a lot a Scottish grounds and quite a few in Europe.

That's bloody good going Carton. Bet there's not many who can tick Bradford PA off the list.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 19:13:20 pm »

The last time I went to Exeter I had to go for a pěss at half time. Imagine my surprise when I found I was pěssing up a brick wall with a drain at the bottom, a la County Ground. The smell was overpowering.

Bloody marvellous! That's exactly what football ground bogs should be like!
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 19:33:39 pm »

The last time I went to Exeter I had to go for a pìss at half time. Imagine my surprise when I found I was pìssing up a brick wall with a drain at the bottom, a la County Ground. The smell was overpowering.

Bloody marvellous! That's exactly what football ground bogs should be like!

I think that Sutton has been the most 'aromatic' this season?  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: