The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 02:14:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Opinions on our loan players.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on our loan players.  (Read 1609 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« on: April 24, 2022, 18:39:29 pm »

Which of our loan players do you think have been a success?
The first time I saw Eppiah I thought he had good close control and would cause defences problems. Unfortunately he has had injury issues but I think we are now seeing him at his best and I consider him a definite plus.
Lubala has had plenty of opportunities but has not shown the form he was apparently capable of at Crawley and earned him his transfer to Blackpool. Was expected to be a goal threat but has failed to score and now is not even on the bench - a disappointment.
Zimba and Kanu we have seen so little of as both have had injuries so it is impossible to form an opinion.
The other player I would rate as a success would be Magliore who had to bide his time to make his debut as we were playing only 2 centre backs but he was good when he came in and looked to bring the ball out of defence and had a turn of pace. Unfortunately like all of the other loans he too suffered an injury.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 18:59:16 pm »

Lubala, Zimba and Kanu haven't really done enough for me and I'd have little interest in signing any of them permanently.

Magliore I liked and would like to see back, especially if we lose Horsfall.

Eppiah I like. He makes things happen and is finally starting to show an end product, which is what he's been lacking. He does appear to be made of glass though - how many times has he been injured in his brief time with us? It's one of those though... I guess it's questions over his fitness that mean we might have any chance of signing him, but the same factor makes him quite a risk to sign.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 21:15:32 pm »

Lubala, Zimba and Kanu haven't really done enough for me and I'd have little interest in signing any of them permanently.

Magliore I liked and would like to see back, especially if we lose Horsfall.

Eppiah I like. He makes things happen and is finally starting to show an end product, which is what he's been lacking. He does appear to be made of glass though - how many times has he been injured in his brief time with us? It's one of those though... I guess it's questions over his fitness that mean we might have any chance of signing him, but the same factor makes him quite a risk to sign.
could have done better c

Eppiah - without him yesterday I doubt we would have won! Its his apparent positioning is the difference from would be strikers. the fourth goal IMO was the best of the lot. Viewed from the Family North Stand it looked very good. The trouble is is that Orient were not very good and the referee let a lot go in their huff and puff in the second half. Not sure if Roberts could have done better with their second.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 21:41:53 pm »

According to reports Orients second goal took a deflection, otherwise I would have expected Roberts to save it. I have to say though that I didn't see a deflection on the highlights, but then I am not the best judge these days.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 08:41:29 am »

According to reports Orients second goal took a deflection, otherwise I would have expected Roberts to save it. I have to say though that I didn't see a deflection on the highlights, but then I am not the best judge these days.

I thought he should have save it too. He has lots of credit in the bank.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 11:06:25 am »

The loans this season have shown exactly the postives and negatives of the system and why you should never build your team around them like we have done at times in the past.

They should add the quality you are missing/can't afford to get through permanent signings.

Etete was exactly this and in my opinion Eppiah and Magloire are this when fit.

The rest I'm afraid sum up the negatives and the risk involved in loan signings.  You either get young inexperienced players getting their first taste of mens football who clearly aren't ready or injury prone players.  I like Lubala and there is definitely something about him but he was way off the pace fitness wise and you just can't regain that during the season.

You do wonder whether it would just have been better instead of a couple of the loans to simply give some of our own youngsters/fringe players a chance.  Surely would have been more beneficial in the long term.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 11:34:15 am »

The loans this season have shown exactly the postives and negatives of the system and why you should never build your team around them like we have done at times in the past.

They should add the quality you are missing/can't afford to get through permanent signings.

Etete was exactly this and in my opinion Eppiah and Magloire are this when fit.

The rest I'm afraid sum up the negatives and the risk involved in loan signings.  You either get young inexperienced players getting their first taste of mens football who clearly aren't ready or injury prone players.  I like Lubala and there is definitely something about him but he was way off the pace fitness wise and you just can't regain that during the season.

You do wonder whether it would just have been better instead of a couple of the loans to simply give some of our own youngsters/fringe players a chance.  Surely would have been more beneficial in the long term.
Agree completely, Eppiah is a free agent in the summer and definitely worth a punt, I really like Lubala as well and with a pre season in him I think he is also worth a punt.
Unfortunately the rest haven’t worked out, Magloire would depend on Horsfall staying TBH, I think there are a few Center half’s about.
If we are in L1 next season we need 4 or 5 quality additional players.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 12:42:48 pm »

Eppiah is definitely giving us a timely boost now hes fit. His finishing is still pretty erratic but he clearly has ability. That being said one of the best abilities is availability and that is something he struggles with. If we can keep him fit for a decent chunk of the season then I think it will be worth keeping him. He was asked about staying next year as his deal at Leicester is up and he sounded like there is at least a possibility which is good.

I really like Lubala but i dont think he fits into our style of play. He clearly wants the ball to feet more than we offer, meaning when he does get it he tries to do too much. That being said if we can continue to develop as a side i would want to keep him.

Maglore I think benefits massively from the solidity of the others around him. He has crazy recovery pace which is great but hes pretty horrendous with the ball at his feet. I would slightly worry about him if he played in a back 4.

The others have not really featured that much so cant really say either way. Zimba has had lots of chances but failed to convert them, seems to have something about him at least but still pretty raw. Would want better if we were in L1. Kanu barely featured.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 12:52:41 pm »

For the first time this season  - I said to myself 'Roberts should have done better there' for Orients second. I didn't see a deflection. As others have said though, Roberts is well in credit for the season so I will give him the benefit of doubt.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 13:24:44 pm »

For the first time this season  - I said to myself 'Roberts should have done better there' for Orients second. I didn't see a deflection. As others have said though, Roberts is well in credit for the season so I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Watching back on the highlights it took a quite a decent deflection of Horsfall (I think it was him anyway) so definitely not one Roberts can be blamed for  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 13:40:13 pm »

Watching back on the highlights it took a quite a decent deflection of Horsfall (I think it was him anyway) so definitely not one Roberts can be blamed for  Smiley

Fair enough. He really has had an excellent season!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 21:41:00 pm »

We should break the bank to sign Roberts 3 year deal, cash him in in the last year and get at least our investment back.
One of the best keepers I’ve seen in the lower leagues.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 10:16:22 am »

Is Ryan Nolan playing for Kiddiminister Harriers or is he working in the ticket office! From what I gather he hasn’t played whatsoever…please correct me if I’m wrong
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 10:49:50 am »

We should break the bank to sign Roberts 3 year deal, cash him in in the last year and get at least our investment back.
Don't think anyone would disagree with that, just hope he and his agent also agree
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 11:27:27 am »

Don't think anyone would disagree with that, just hope he and his agent also agree
Spot on agents have far to much say IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 19:03:27 pm »

The Roberts situation is an interesting one, it was only a year ago he was released by mediocre league 2 Walsall deemed not good enough. He’s come here established himself as a guaranteed number one and had a great season. I just see any move for him as a big risk, he would be fighting for starting role without  the credit in the bank he has here and could easily find himself on the bench and not playing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 19:09:54 pm »

The Roberts situation is an interesting one, it was only a year ago he was released by mediocre league 2 Walsall deemed not good enough. He’s come here established himself as a guaranteed number one and had a great season. I just see any move for him as a big risk, he would be fighting for starting role without  the credit in the bank he has here and could easily find himself on the bench and not playing.
Depends what he wants from his career. Sitting on the bench for most of his career doesn't seem to have done Mark Bunn any harm.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 19:22:47 pm »

It depends what ‘break the bank’ looks like. If we are promoted anyone looking for a new contract will want a raise if we are looking at keeping them. £450k across three years. I’ll get the paperwork ready  Tongue
The trouble with any player (including keepers) they can lose form or get injured. I can remember thinking Adam Smith was destined for the big time.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 19:59:58 pm »

The trouble with any player (including keepers) they can lose form or get injured. I can remember thinking Adam Smith was destined for the big time.
We only got Smith, because of his holiday "filming activities", and then he totally screwed up against the Mancs on live tv. Benchwarmer.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: