The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:27:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 207465 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #2000 on: August 06, 2022, 20:15:39 pm »

So what happens when Bowers had enough of waiting?

They walk and take as much with them as possible I imagine.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2001 on: August 07, 2022, 21:53:22 pm »

Apparently there is a tug of war between us and Mansfield over a player with a first name Connor.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 08, 2022, 05:27:00 am »

Don't come on here pointing out the obvious, some still won't see it though.
   As I've stated before, there is no great incentive to run a tight ship when you know that when the land is sold, you will get all that money back.
Again stating the obvious Rog, the incentive to run a tight ship is the fact they will have more money left as profit when they finally say bonjour.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2003 on: August 08, 2022, 07:00:07 am »

......... or even Au Revoir!
Report Spam   Logged
therealpattcobb

View Profile
Level 4 100 Posts One year Anniversary
« Reply #2004 on: August 08, 2022, 07:19:45 am »

Logged in on a Monday to view any incomings... and have to read a diatribe of the usual suspects point scoring...

So ARE THERE ANY TRANSFER RUMOURS OR AREN'T THERE?
Report Spam   Logged

Only Gay in the Village??
guest3494

« Reply #2005 on: August 08, 2022, 07:30:45 am »

But the point I am making is the debt is being created by the owners, some of our more special fans think KT and DB are somehow bankrolling us out of the goodness of their hearts, when in fact they are using NTFC is an enabler to the land profit with every penny they have put into NTFC recouped and then some at the time of sale.

Following on from your oh so offended post I put up supporting Asperger’s….
You then refer to people with a different view to you as special implying a mental or physical disability.
I suggest you practise what you preach….
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2006 on: August 08, 2022, 13:49:24 pm »

it’s hardly surprising no one posts about transfer speculation on here because as soon as you do , the usual numpties come on asking for verification , sources and proof like it was some kind of legal statement .
All you get is abuse , especially if it doesn’t come off .
I will keep it to myself on this occasion bearing in mind 90% of the players approached don’t end up coming .
Report Spam   Logged
therealpattcobb

View Profile
Level 4 100 Posts One year Anniversary
« Reply #2007 on: August 08, 2022, 14:46:48 pm »

it’s hardly surprising no one posts about transfer speculation on here because as soon as you do , the usual numpties come on asking for verification , sources and proof like it was some kind of legal statement .
I will keep it to myself on this occasion bearing in mind 90% of the players approached don’t end up coming .

Yeah that' true. I used to love those that were seemingly permanently in the Club shop and so so walked in with an agent. Or saw this or that player having their car washed in the car park there.
Report Spam   Logged

Only Gay in the Village??
guest3063

« Reply #2008 on: August 08, 2022, 15:07:54 pm »

So, something MIGHT be imminent then. Thanks B&S  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #2009 on: August 08, 2022, 16:41:59 pm »

There's a report in the Chronic today from JB to say he is working extremely hard round the clock to strengthen the squad up front and that every time we get close we get knocked back - or something like that. However he did say if we get what we want he is really confident it will help our front line.

I don't doubt that he is doing his best but for me every game that goes by without a couple up front is a game wasted, although I do appreciate we have to sign the right players. It would be nice not to have to make a panic signing 10 minutes before the deadline ends. Mind you that's what happens in the Premier League every August and January.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2010 on: August 08, 2022, 18:09:10 pm »

Following on from your oh so offended post I put up supporting Asperger’s….
You then refer to people with a different view to you as special implying a mental or physical disability.
I suggest you practise what you preach….
Once again your unconscious bias links the word special to mental health you need to take a long hard look in the mirror once again you should be ashamed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2011 on: August 08, 2022, 18:25:24 pm »

Our former player David Moyo has signed for Barrow so we will soon be seeing him here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #2012 on: August 08, 2022, 19:12:05 pm »

Once again your unconscious bias links the word special to mental health you need to take a long hard look in the mirror once again you should be ashamed.

Grin Grin Grin Weak attempt at a swerve .
You knew what you were saying just as I knew what you were insinuating
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2013 on: August 08, 2022, 20:32:51 pm »

There's a report in the Chronic today from JB to say he is working extremely hard round the clock to strengthen the squad up front and that every time we get close we get knocked back - or something like that. However he did say if we get what we want he is really confident it will help our front line.

I don't doubt that he is doing his best but for me every game that goes by without a couple up front is a game wasted, although I do appreciate we have to sign the right players. It would be nice not to have to make a panic signing 10 minutes before the deadline ends. Mind you that's what happens in the Premier League every August and January.

if you were told the club has “ lost out “ on close to 100 identified players , would it change your mind !?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2014 on: August 08, 2022, 21:42:37 pm »

What you decide to post is up to you. You have come good on a couple of occasions. People have right to ask for a link etc whether it is granted is another matter. If you have info share it; don't be so hard done by. Relax and go with the mood on here!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 08, 2022, 23:45:27 pm »

if you were told the club has “ lost out “ on close to 100 identified players , would it change your mind !?
Depends what the average is for a league 2 side to lose out on. If it was 10 yes, 200 no. Too many polarised judgements taken in isolation on here as it is.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2016 on: August 09, 2022, 08:20:06 am »

Most definitely..... I don't know how many transfers there have been involving League 2 clubs this summer, i'd guess not many more than 100 in total.... we can't have missed out on that many players!

Did we inquire about Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Salah? There's four we "lost out" on already!!

I did hear that we were offered first option on Etete but didn't take it up.....doubt he'd come to us over Cardiff anyway but hey ho.....!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2017 on: August 09, 2022, 08:25:22 am »

Apparently there is a tug of war between us and Mansfield over a player with a first name Connor.

Cody, McAleny, Wickham, Washington 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:10:31 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #2018 on: August 09, 2022, 08:50:07 am »

Depends what the average is for a league 2 side to lose out on. If it was 10 yes, 200 no. Too many polarised judgements taken in isolation on here as it is.
the point being made is that the previous poster seemed to think we would be better off just filling numbers in up front as soon as possible . It isn’t as simple as that which is why i pointed out we have looked into at least 100 players since close season and enquired about them .
You also have to wait for clubs to release on loan or get players in to release your targets .
If you panic , you end up with another BAS who is as useful as a cat flap on a submarine
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2019 on: August 09, 2022, 09:15:26 am »

Good morning Evers, regarding the 3 Conors you have mentioned Conor Wickham has recently signed for FGR, I cannot see Conor Coady leaving Wolves to come here and he is another centre back. Conor McAleney still has a year to run on his contract at Salford so maybe we have enquired about him, he scored 2 goals in 26 games for them last season and I suspect Salford were expecting better so may be prepared to let him go. See you tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: