The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:55:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 206168 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2100 on: August 14, 2022, 17:14:33 pm »

Isnt he too old to play in the development team now?
Which reserves do you mean?
Leicester U21s they play in the Premier League 2 Division 1.
They played today and lost 3-1 to Man City, Eppiah wasn’t in the squad.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 17:17:55 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #2101 on: August 14, 2022, 17:57:58 pm »

Leicester have got a game this week - Eppiah will be involved unless he is injured again .
it may not be a reserve game
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #2102 on: August 14, 2022, 18:15:20 pm »

Hopefully, our scouting team, are also busy targeting alternative Eppiah type players who ain't constantly injured...

Gotta have plans B & C surely!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 18:17:04 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2103 on: August 15, 2022, 08:17:53 am »

The gamble is whether to take Eppiah or another untried player from a premiership club i would suggest .
There may be room for both .
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2104 on: August 15, 2022, 09:35:06 am »

The **** is whether to take Eppiah or another untried player from a premiership club i would suggest .
There may be room for both .

I think someone with some FL experience is required. Whilst bot Bowie and Leonard have showed their class in their recent cameos. I think their inexperience showed when we were under pressure towards the end of the game on Saturday. A few decisions resulted in the ball coming straight back at us.
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2105 on: August 15, 2022, 09:51:52 am »

Leicester have got a game this week - Eppiah will be involved unless he is injured again .
it may not be a reserve game

So, we’ve agreed a deal for Eppiah to sign for us a number of weeks ago, but he hasn't joined, he is fit and ready to go but hasn’t featured in any preseason games but is going to please for Leicester in some capacity this week.

A lot of mixed messages from you here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2106 on: August 15, 2022, 10:09:35 am »

So, we’ve agreed a deal for Eppiah to sign for us a number of weeks ago, but he hasn't joined, he is fit and ready to go but hasn’t featured in any preseason games but is going to please for Leicester in some capacity this week.

The message is very clear with no mixing whatsoever .
Eppiah was not fit throughout pre season due to treatment .
He was then fit and suffered further injury / niggle .
i have never said he will definitely come here and have always said it depends on the injury situation and the terms .
There is a will to make it happen but it may depend on any games / tests he gets through this week / next week . It would only ever be a loan although Leicester would like to sell him . The restrictive situation is clearly his premiership wages and very poor injury record .
Hopefully that’s clear enough for you .
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2107 on: August 15, 2022, 10:49:17 am »

The message is very clear with no mixing whatsoever .
Eppiah was not fit throughout pre season due to treatment .
He was then fit and suffered further injury / niggle .
i have never said he will definitely come here and have always said it depends on the injury situation and the terms .
There is a will to make it happen but it may depend on any games / tests he gets through this week / next week . It would only ever be a loan although Leicester would like to sell him . The restrictive situation is clearly his premiership wages and very poor injury record .
Hopefully that’s clear enough for you .

Don’t know about anyone else but I think we should be looking elsewhere!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2108 on: August 15, 2022, 11:13:29 am »

All depends on the budget I guess, Eppiah is proven at our level, he knows the manager and a lot of the players we still have, I get the point about injury’s but beggars can’t be choosers.
I for one would love to see him in claret again, he’s direct got pace and started to finish.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
LovelyMilkyMilky

View Profile
Topic Starter Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #2109 on: August 16, 2022, 13:28:04 pm »

Nope! If we can get him in we should definitely do it. He’s affected the game almost whenever he has played.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2110 on: August 16, 2022, 14:10:30 pm »

Yep, Im with the last two comments...

Eippiah is worth a g@mble if we can make the numbers work for us. He oozes quality and has huge potential. Coming off of the bench, and with the right service (which he never got last season) he would be a constant game changer.

I hope a deals done!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2111 on: August 16, 2022, 14:39:25 pm »

I'd take your hand off of there was a chance of getting Eppiah, preferably on a permanent move but if  what is being said about his salary is true then on a long term loan.

I'm not convinced (yet) about his finishing but he causes chaos with his runs and will create a lot of problems for other teams.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2112 on: August 16, 2022, 16:03:58 pm »

I'd take your hand off of there was a chance of getting Eppiah, preferably on a permanent move but if  what is being said about his salary is true then on a long term loan.

I'm not convinced (yet) about his finishing but he causes chaos with his runs and will create a lot of problems for other teams.

This wages thing doesn't make sense. Why would Leicester loan him out for a season when its his last season there anyway?!!

If he is on 5k a week (so 250k for his remaining contract) - pay him orf 100k, then we sign him on a 3 year deal on 2.5k a week! With a big percentage clause in it if we sell him on for big wedge. Everyones a winner. Leicester save themselves 150k in wages for a player they don't want to keep, Cobblers get a promising player on their books within their wage structure and Eppiah takes a small hit £ wise for his first year but ensures he's got a decent wage coming in for 3 years.

Or something like the above!  Grin

Unless there are serious concerns with his long term fitness....

...which if that's the case, then a loan deal doesn't really benefit either Leicester or Cobblers. He turns out bloody brilliant and goes somewhere else for free at the end of it. Or he turns out sh1t and crocked and no one wants him!!

A 3 year contract with some clauses in it I reckon is the best way forward. But what do I know!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2113 on: August 16, 2022, 17:05:35 pm »

I'm inclined to agree, Drilling. Maybe Leicester are taking a stand on paying him off?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2114 on: August 16, 2022, 17:31:19 pm »

Agreed
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: August 16, 2022, 17:36:57 pm »

Easy to agree
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2116 on: August 16, 2022, 17:38:06 pm »

I'm inclined to agree, Drilling. Maybe Leicester are taking a stand on paying him off?

Remember when Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi held Boro to ransom and MacAnthony had a melt down after he signed for us?  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 16, 2022, 17:52:28 pm »

Remember when Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi held Boro to ransom and MacAnthony had a melt down after he signed for us?  Grin Grin

The fact that P’boro have shown no interest is perhaps a clue! Rather we took a gamble on Jack Diamond than a risky one with Eppiah.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2118 on: August 16, 2022, 17:53:00 pm »

This wages thing doesn't make sense. Why would Leicester loan him out for a season when its his last season there anyway?!!

If he is on 5k a week (so 250k for his remaining contract) - pay him orf 100k, then we sign him on a 3 year deal on 2.5k a week! With a big percentage clause in it if we sell him on for big wedge. Everyones a winner. Leicester save themselves 150k in wages for a player they don't want to keep, Cobblers get a promising player on their books within their wage structure and Eppiah takes a small hit £ wise for his first year but ensures he's got a decent wage coming in for 3 years.

Or something like the above!  Grin

Unless there are serious concerns with his long term fitness....

...which if that's the case, then a loan deal doesn't really benefit either Leicester or Cobblers. He turns out bloody brilliant and goes somewhere else for free at the end of it. Or he turns out sh1t and crocked and no one wants him!!

A 3 year contract with some clauses in it I reckon is the best way forward. But what do I know!!!  Grin

They are either confident in his ability or they are not, give him to us, to shop window him, with a decent sell on or buy back clause and they cover themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2119 on: August 16, 2022, 17:56:29 pm »

I'm not sure Eppiah would take a 50% cut in wages from 5k to 2.5k and I thought he was previously reported to be on 6k.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: