The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:33:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 206001 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #800 on: June 22, 2022, 10:43:08 am »

I hope Stockport have a good partner for Horsfall, remember when he first came in and played alongside Bolger, he was dreadful. It's only when he played alongside Lloyd Jones and JG that he started to look a good player
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #801 on: June 22, 2022, 10:55:06 am »

I hope Stockport have a good partner for Horsfall, remember when he first came in and played alongside Bolger, he was dreadful. It's only when he played alongside Lloyd Jones and JG that he started to look a good player

He also has quite a big mistake in him most games. Guthrie is more solid...

Horsefall's main attribute imo is in both boxes. Less so, his positioning in open play. Id also consider more as the 2nd defender rather than the lead defender.

I do think he's very decent and hope that he stays (cant see it). BUT. He aint worth a budget busting offer. Or even one that would put him in the top 2 or 3 earners at the club. He's not good enough to bend over backwards.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #802 on: June 22, 2022, 11:11:51 am »

He also has quite a big mistake in him most games. Guthrie is more solid...

Horsefall's main attribute imo is in both boxes. Less so, his positioning in open play. Id also consider more as the 2nd defender rather than the lead defender.

I do think he's very decent and hope that he stays (cant see it). BUT. He aint worth a budget busting offer. Or even one that would put him in the top 2 or 3 earners at the club. He's not good enough to bend over backwards.

I disagree there. I think in Guthrie and Horsfall we had a partnership that was greater than the sum of its parts. Those pairings are hard to find so I'd do all I could to keep him. I'm resigned to him leaving, but I think he'll be a big loss.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #803 on: June 22, 2022, 11:12:04 am »

Expecting one in one out today, been covered pretty extensively on here so no prizes for guessing…
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #804 on: June 22, 2022, 11:22:07 am »

Although now hearing Fraser to Stockport isn’t quite done and dusted
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #805 on: June 22, 2022, 11:23:20 am »

Expecting one in one out today, been covered pretty extensively on here so no prizes for guessing…

So, Horsfall out and Burge in? It sounds like Burge is a solid keeper - it’s slightly concerning that he hasn’t played much recently. Whoever we bring in at Centre Back to replace Horsfall will be interesting - it needs to be of a similar standard to the other recruits we have brought in so far.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 22, 2022, 11:31:09 am »

It wasn't just Bolger that was the problem he also had the lad from Brentford and a dodgy goalkeeper to form a defence with. Horsfall has been excellent and already Captaincy material (a status he should have kept when Mills came back from injury).
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2022, 12:08:08 pm »

Lee Burge, was in the 2020–21 EFL league one team of the season whilst at Sunderland...
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2022, 12:08:50 pm »

Lee Burge confirmed on the official site;

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/lee_burge/
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2022, 12:14:23 pm »

On paper, could not ask for more in terms of replacement.

Brady is (again on paper) making all the right moves.

Very impressed
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2022, 12:24:24 pm »

Time to put to bed any thoughts that the budget has been slashed with these signings it can't have been
Report Spam   Logged
Jonesy9

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2022, 12:24:47 pm »

The new keeper shirt is looking nice! Not quite as nice at the green and gold from the 125 game, but still decent enough. Keeper looks like a decent addition too Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 22, 2022, 12:28:00 pm »

It’s getting to a point where you have to start wondering how we can afford these signings - we must have offered some serious money for Hylton and Burge particularly who are both going to be playing at least a division lower than they should be and have both come from big clubs. I wonder if KT and DB have obtained some outside investment?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 22, 2022, 12:33:34 pm »

My Sunderland supporting mate describes him as "solid if unspectacular". That'll do me when it comes to keepers.
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #814 on: June 22, 2022, 12:46:56 pm »

Yeah, in theory I like all of it so far. I know it's easy to get overexcited during a transfer window, but particular Fox, Hylton and Burge feel like strong signings. (Not singling out Haines, sometimes the underdog signings ending up the best, just basing this on reputation)

My wish list would be for one cracking centre-back to replace Horsfall, a centre-midfielder who can play a pass to get the best out of Hytlon and Aperre, and then sorting out the front 3, probably 1 or 2 signings across there, maybe another loan if neccesary.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2022, 12:51:44 pm »

It’s getting to a point where you have to start wondering how we can afford these signings - we must have offered some serious money for Hylton and Burge particularly who are both going to be playing at least a division lower than they should be and have both come from big clubs. I wonder if KT and DB have obtained some outside investment?

players who came to us on a league one salary have now left us
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 22, 2022, 12:53:37 pm »

In a fantasy world, Horsfall’s move has broken down and he re-signs with us - in reality Stockport have more than enough money to iron out any snags. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we end up with Eppiah again which would be a good move if he’s fully fit. Wasn’t Magloire meant to be out of contract this Summer - he could provide cover at Centre Back, Right Back and Defensive Midfield at a stretch, but I don’t know if I would be comfortable with him as a Horsfall replacement. Do we think that Jodi Jones might still be an option?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #817 on: June 22, 2022, 13:20:46 pm »

And to think this time last week people were asking "when are going to make a signing".
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #818 on: June 22, 2022, 13:43:09 pm »

Time to put to bed any thoughts that the budget has been slashed with these signings it can't have been

Increased, according to James at the Chron.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 22, 2022, 13:44:50 pm »

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/burge-signs-for-northampton.1582382/

Mostly good comments from the Sunderland forum. Some seem to think he wasn't good enough for them  (they tend to think that about most players though) but the concensus is he's a very good signing for a league 2 side and there's a surprise he hasn't got another league 1 club.

They seem unanimous in him being a good honest pro though, so I think he's another good fit for the squad.

I'm really happy with the business we've done so far - credit to Brady and CC for finding them and to the club for funding it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: