The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 10:46:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 207420 times)
Larry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #1500 on: July 17, 2022, 13:48:22 pm »

Good for you

You are welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 17, 2022, 14:03:06 pm »

In an attempt to show I am more that a bickering poster shown above it seems as if the Carney Chukwuemeka transfer to Barcelona is likely to happen with a fee of £20 million. He left our academy at just 12 years old to join Villa but do we get any sort of percentage of a deal? Just 1% would go along way towards filling the gaps in our squad.

On another note, his brother Caleb who is seems was signed by Villa to placate Carney is still stuck at Livingston which I'm sure is a lovely town but perhaps not the dream location for a 20 year old footballer. Perhaps he could be enticed back to us on loan, he would be a great addition to our squad.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1502 on: July 17, 2022, 14:31:53 pm »

I can't see anything that would suggest we would get a cut of the future transfer value of a player who moved in this way.

From what I can make out we would have got (had he moved under the EPPP system) £3000 per year that he spent in our academy.

We should have also received £150,000 as he has played 10 games in the Premier League for Villa..... it would be £300k if he made 20, £450k for 30 etc etc..... unfortunately he has made just 12 PL appearances.

Lets not forget that he left us when he was 12, and that was over six years ago. Villa have developed him into the player he is now, so if they make money from his sale to Barcelona or PSG then fair play to them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 17, 2022, 14:44:47 pm »

On another note, his brother Caleb who is seems was signed by Villa to placate Carney is still stuck at Livingston which I'm sure is a lovely town but perhaps not the dream location for a 20 year old footballer. Perhaps he could be enticed back to us on loan, he would be a great addition to our squad.

Judging by the comments emanating from his school friends, family (?) and other acquaintances who were watching him in the preseason friendly against R&D either at the beginning of last season or a previous one he'd never live it down. Every time he made a mistake or ran into trouble and lost the ball they delighted in laughing out loud and shouting "sign the contract man" as a sort of reference to his true level. I was sat behind them.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1504 on: July 17, 2022, 14:49:03 pm »

How do you possibly quantify this Rog?

So who did we sign with the Goode money then Glen ??
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 17, 2022, 14:51:19 pm »

I can't see anything that would suggest we would get a cut of the future transfer value of a player who moved in this way.

From what I can make out we would have got (had he moved under the EPPP system) £3000 per year that he spent in our academy.

We should have also received £150,000 as he has played 10 games in the Premier League for Villa..... it would be £300k if he made 20, £450k for 30 etc etc..... unfortunately he has made just 12 PL appearances.

Lets not forget that he left us when he was 12, and that was over six years ago. Villa have developed him into the player he is now, so if they make money from his sale to Barcelona or PSG then fair play to them.

£150,000 is a tidy sum and realistically as much as we should expect. "Only" 12 prem appearances is pretty decent considering how many fall by the wayside.
It would be a nice touch if all the preceding clubs got a percentage up to a certain age. I would imagine whatever local youth team club he left for the Cobblers would love just a tiny bit of the deal, after all they nurtured his raw talent, presumably from about 7 or 8 years old sufficiently to attract the Cobblers interest. It would at least acknowledge their part in his development.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 17, 2022, 14:52:59 pm »

Judging by the comments emanating from his school friends, family (?) and other acquaintances who were watching him in the preseason friendly against R&D either at the beginning of last season or a previous one he'd never live it down. Every time he made a mistake or ran into trouble and lost the ball they delighted in laughing out loud and shouting "sign the contract man" as a sort of reference to his true level. I was sat behind them.

Friends and family? Who needs enemies if that's true.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 17, 2022, 15:00:00 pm »

Friends and family? Who needs enemies if that's true.

I was surprised too but put it down to the "youth of today".

They didn't stand for the minute's silence in memory of Max Griggs either.

Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 17, 2022, 15:12:49 pm »

I was surprised too but put it down to the "youth of today".

They didn't stand for the minute's silence in memory of Max Griggs either.

Ah, do you mean then a section of the crowd?
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #1509 on: July 17, 2022, 15:19:04 pm »

But don't you want the club to be run sustainably? You can't have it both ways.

The Goode fee covered what would otherwise have been losses for the year .Any money spent would have added to the debt to the owners.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 15:26:17 pm by West Stand » Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 17, 2022, 15:19:50 pm »

The section of the crowd sat in the main stand (more of a big hut). Everyone else was stood silently anyway.

Do you have a problem with this ? I detect scepticism.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1511 on: July 17, 2022, 15:20:38 pm »

Caleb is back at Villa  and scored for them against Hednesford a couple of days ago. About 1 minute 25 secs in.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 17, 2022, 16:32:55 pm »

The section of the crowd sat in the main stand (more of a big hut). Everyone else was stood silently anyway.

Do you have a problem with this ? I detect scepticism.

Well you’ve got to admit it would be a bit strange for members of your own family to taunt you when playing a game.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1513 on: July 17, 2022, 18:40:18 pm »

PSG and Newcastle both now reported to be interested in Carney.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1514 on: July 17, 2022, 19:06:31 pm »

In an attempt to show I am more that a bickering poster shown above it seems as if the Carney Chukwuemeka transfer to Barcelona is likely to happen with a fee of £20 million. He left our academy at just 12 years old to join Villa but do we get any sort of percentage of a deal? Just 1% would go along way towards filling the gaps in our squad.

Would like to feel that you continue your messaging in the way which you are comfortable with. It seems odd that you seem to feel it necessary to show more than a bickering poster which I personally feel you are not. After all 75% of the noise on here is one form or another of bickering. As you might guess its part and parcel of communication on here! There are some good debaters on here, take Bungle for example as somehow he manages to make an art of team selection, even tactics. There are others too.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 17, 2022, 19:41:29 pm »

But don't you want the club to be run sustainably? You can't have it both ways.

The Goode fee covered what would otherwise have been losses for the year .Any money spent would have added to the debt to the owners.
We not only got £1M for Goode in this season, we got £750,000 from the FA Cup run and didn't we get payment from the Prem to compensate for Covid ?. The staff were furloughed so we were in a much better position than most of our rivals.
   Of course I want the club run sustainably that's why I question why do we lose around £1M per season when Newport County usually make a profit on half our gates, I doubt if our playing budget is that much bigger than theirs's. I have mentioned this lots of times but no on seems worried about it !!!!
    Just a thought, if you were running a company that was losing quite a bit of money, would you be more or less worried if you knew that your losses would be recoverable when a deal went through ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #1516 on: July 17, 2022, 20:35:25 pm »

It's really that black and white is it?
Come on Rog, you know it's not that in and out.
If you earned an extra fifty at work did you go straight out and spend that fifty on something immediately to justify having earned it?
No.
You might have put a bit away, spent a bit, paid back the tenner you owed your mate and treated yourself to a take away.
Without access to the P&L it's just another dig at the owners isn't it?

Anyway, looking fwd to seeing the £250k pa plan very soon because the transparency you seek will  clearly be evident to every penny.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1517 on: July 17, 2022, 21:13:29 pm »

We not only got £1M for Goode in this season, we got £750,000 from the FA Cup run and didn't we get payment from the Prem to compensate for Covid ?. The staff were furloughed so we were in a much better position than most of our rivals.
   Of course I want the club run sustainably that's why I question why do we lose around £1M per season when Newport County usually make a profit on half our gates, I doubt if our playing budget is that much bigger than theirs's. I have mentioned this lots of times but no on seems worried about it !!!!
    Just a thought, if you were running a company that was losing quite a bit of money, would you be more or less worried if you knew that your losses would be recoverable when a deal went through ?
I keep saying this mate, but a 1 million loss is average for league 2 and 2 million for league 1. Newport will either end up the same eventually or drop out. It’s not the company I question Rog, it’s the industry.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 21:19:33 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 17, 2022, 21:48:49 pm »

It's really that black and white is it?
Come on Rog, you know it's not that in and out.
If you earned an extra fifty at work did you go straight out and spend that fifty on something immediately to justify having earned it?
No.
You might have put a bit away, spent a bit, paid back the tenner you owed your mate and treated yourself to a take away.
Without access to the P&L it's just another dig at the owners isn't it?

If you read my original post you would see that I said I didn't expect us to spend all the £1M, but surely most people would agree that if we had spent some of it, we would have had a much better chance of staying in League One. We sold Goode and replaced him with Bolger and moved up a division, not surprising how it worked out was it ?
      That is my opinion, your the one who's taking it as a dig at the owners

PS  It's not the Trust's fault that it's going to be really hot tomorrow, but I'm sure you will find a way to do it  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1519 on: July 17, 2022, 22:38:33 pm »

Half of this Carton, is 'calculated conjecture'. For example you use Newport C as an example but don't appear to investigate how Newport are able to sustain their club with such poor attendances. To suit your argument you claim both Clubs playing budgets are probably similar; that's pure guess work. People aren't listening because you can't verify the facts. I actually believe in the Trust as its the only vehicle if the club goes belly up but am not sure if your reply helps anyone!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: