The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:50:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Can I just say...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I just say...  (Read 12893 times)
Jonesy9

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2022, 20:24:59 pm »

Why not take it a step further, clubs with nothing to play for could start auctioning off places in their starting 11 to fans, could be a nice little earner!.

The fans would probably have put more effort in that half of those Scumthorpe players, too!
I don’t want to speak badly of a 17 y/o but that kid looked like he’d never played in goal in his life

The free kick goal, he looked like he actually ducked to let it go over his head!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2022, 07:11:35 am »

Why not take it a step further, clubs with nothing to play for could start auctioning off places in their starting 11 to fans, could be a nice little earner!.
Not the same but several (a lot) of years ago in my playing days, we had won the league and the team we were playing had nothing to play for.
We played line up lucky dip. All the shirts 1-16 were put in the kit bag and all took turns to chose a shirt and therefor our position. That could be an option in the future

(we won 3-2 but only after putting our proper in keeper in goal at 2-0 down).
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2022, 07:21:34 am »

Not the same but several (a lot) of years ago in my playing days, we had won the league and the team we were playing had nothing to play for.
We played line up lucky dip. All the shirts 1-16 were put in the kit bag and all took turns to chose a shirt and therefor our position. That could be an option in the future

(we won 3-2 but only after putting our proper in keeper in goal at 2-0 down).
Seems like Cûnthorpe did the same with Joey pulling the shirts out of the bag, they didn’t bother to put their proper goalkeeper back though.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3481

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2022, 07:23:41 am »

Seems like Cûnthorpe did the same with Joey pulling the shirts out of the bag, they didn’t bother to put their proper goalkeeper back though.
I think they used the 1-16 shirts for the players ages, not the positions!
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2022, 19:07:35 pm »

The first goal (own goal) - struggling to think of a better finish for an own goal for many a year! Apparently the kid who scored it got subbed after 27minutes. Probably so he could go and 'claim his winnings'!!!  Grin

Hill was so concerned with developing his young charges, he put his arm around him after 27 minutes of his first league appearance to console him - and then promptly released him yesterday as one of those not to be offered a contract for next season!

Speaks volumes me thinks!  Shocked Angry Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2022, 19:50:09 pm »

I can only think the team Sc***horpe have been selecting was a cost saving exercise. Selecting the players cheapest to play.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2022, 09:03:49 am »

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/19646/laugh-read-northampton-forum
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3481

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2022, 09:13:27 am »

Its the same on social media really. Some fans who actually know football and appreciate the 'unusualness' of the situation and how regardless of the teams involved there should be more to prevent it happening again, and some idiots who just like to troll.

It seems some are more interested in 'laughing' at us than actually enjoying their win and looking forward to next season, what players they can sign (already signed one loan on permanent) and getting excited about the big teams in League 1. I wish them well.

I've never understood why people would go out of their way to comment on another clubs social media but I'm sure a few of our resident idiots would have commented on Peterborough's social media when their relegation was confirmed. Such is the modern world I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2022, 09:30:42 am »

I'm not going to dignify the opinions of a few dìckheads from another club by reading them.

What I will say though is I don't get it. If the roles were reversed, of course I'd be delighted but after the initial euphoria had died down I'd be slightly embarrassed by it all. Not to the extent I'd give anything up, but to the point where I'd have enough empathy to recognise why the other team are upset by it. I certainly wouldn't be showing my immaturity by going out of my way to goad strangers over it on the Internet.

To be honest, if this had happened between, I dunno, Rochdale and Oldham, two teams I have no connection to and no strong feelings about, I'd still be outraged by the unfairness of it. It wouldn't have the same emotional heft, but I really wouldn't like to see it. It's just morally wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Seventh heaven

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2022, 10:05:38 am »

I'm not going to dignify the opinions of a few dìckheads from another club by reading them.

What I will say though is I don't get it. If the roles were reversed, of course I'd be delighted but after the initial euphoria had died down I'd be slightly embarrassed by it all. Not to the extent I'd give anything up, but to the point where I'd have enough empathy to recognise why the other team are upset by it. I certainly wouldn't be showing my immaturity by going out of my way to goad strangers over it on the Internet.

To be honest, if this had happened between, I dunno, Rochdale and Oldham, two teams I have no connection to and no strong feelings about, I'd still be outraged by the unfairness of it. It wouldn't have the same emotional heft, but I really wouldn't like to see it. It's just morally wrong.

Pump it up the gas are going up
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2022, 10:35:26 am »

Good to get your biggest win in 60 years on the day you needed it  Roll Eyes At least Joey and Keith sound like their good mates, maybe Joey can give him a job when Hill gets sacked from Scunny.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2022, 10:37:39 am »

At least we can rely on a wave of additional support from Bristol at the weekend  Tongue

The saddest thing is that it has spoilt the '3 v 1 and you f*cked it up' chant...it's a touchy score line these days.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2022, 10:39:30 am »

Congratulations. Hopefully see you in L1 next season.

ps get a hobby!
Report Spam   Logged
Seventh heaven

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2022, 11:20:22 am »

Good to get your biggest win in 60 years on the day you needed it  Roll Eyes At least Joey and Keith sound like their good mates, maybe Joey can give him a job when Hill gets sacked from Scunny.

Yes with a 7 year contract
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2022, 11:50:22 am »

Yes with a 7 year contract
Surely Joey won't be going down for that long will he ? It's only beating up his wife this time, at least he is now keeping it in the family.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2022, 11:52:39 am »

Surely Joey won't be going down for that long will he ? It's only beating up his wife this time, at least he is now keeping it in the family.

Footballers and wives !

Keeps the courts and legal profession busy.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2022, 12:37:59 pm »

I just took a quick look at their forum and the post about 3-1 and you fcuked it up, did amuse me!

I don't think we will be singing that fcuker again...I can hear the bar-stewards now...3-1...but the Gas went up  Grin

Im still absolutely seething, but never had an issue with Bristol Rovers over what happened. Even if their fantastic geezer of a manager bunged them a few quid. Its all been about Scunny for me...but we've got to forget it now and push on towards Satdee. Or when I say forget it, use it for positive energy and that extra determination to win the play offs. Then we can at least sing back - 3-1....but we still went up!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Seventh heaven

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2022, 13:27:06 pm »

Yeah we got a big hotel just down the road from the mem he can stay in 😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2022, 14:10:08 pm »

Yeah we got a big hotel just down the road from the mem he can stay in 😂

Saddo.

Enjoy the moment, you've just got promoted. This time next season you'll be back in league 2, Barton will be inside and you'll still be playing in your crap rugby stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
Escape Committee

View Profile
50 Posts Second year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2022, 17:07:52 pm »

Joey Barton has claimed that match-fixing is rife in English football but that the Football Association is ill-equipped to deal with the growing problem.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: