The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:20:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Can I just say...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I just say...  (Read 12882 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2022, 18:38:10 pm »

Sc***horpe United 0-0 Northampton Town
22nd February 2022.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Jonesy9

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2022, 18:50:53 pm »

Sc***horpe United 0-0 Northampton Town
22nd February 2022.

No doubt the season was in our hands in hindsight. We could have even ended up winning the league, save for a few hard to take pieces of bad luck. The false goal at home against Forest Green, and Exeter’s goal last weekend.
If only we had a little bit more rub of the green that’d have been another 4 points in the bag, and top spot.

That’s not including some of the games you’d have like to have think we could have won, like away at Scunny, Rochdale, Crawley at home.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2022, 19:50:26 pm »

Come on mate, fix an invasion?
Don't you think our Trust could organise something like that?
Seriously, I'd like to see how it unfolded after the first few dozen got on the pitch, how hard they tried to clear it, the stewards responsiveness, the urgency of the club, the response over the tannoy etc.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2022, 19:56:42 pm »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-explains-bristol-rovers-6438121
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2022, 20:06:18 pm »

Don't you think our Trust could organise something like that?
Seriously, I'd like to see how it unfolded after the first few dozen got on the pitch, how hard they tried to clear it, the stewards responsiveness, the urgency of the club, the response over the tannoy etc.
I hope that your first comment was tongue in cheek, as I dont think that the Trust could organize a p1ss up in a WMC.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2022, 20:25:03 pm »

Keith Hill is an absolute fûcking disgrace, that keeper was worse the Mitch.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 21:09:49 pm »

If you could take going up by automatic promotion or via the playoffs everyone would would take the latter without exception. This is in our hands and now Bristol have gone we are the best team in the playoffs. Already moved on from yesterday, this could be our finest hour.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 22:43:32 pm »

Sc***hrope have been playing their kids for a few games though, most of the team who started the game also played Hartlepool the game before. I don't think it's any good for us to mentally take a victim mentality and blame other teams and other people, we were found an inch short over a 42 game season. You could sit here an obsess with any single goal chance we missed and goal we conceded if you want as well, but I don't think it'll do you any good.

We all know what we're good at, and what we're not good at. Would this team be able to do much in League 1? IMO, no, though it would have been nice to play better teams next year. Has Brady done enough to get another go next year - yes, but it's going to be tough with a few key players out of contract, and with a year under the helm I'll be interested to see what he can pull out of the hat.

Yes, but those previous Scunny games had fa riding on the results...

Today, for footballing integrity, he should have fielded his most senior players..

Not play a 17 year old rookie keeper & a bunch of other  kids in a match of such importance...

Never been so gutted after a win...

Still fuming, but extremely proud of what we've already achieved this season.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 22:59:13 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 22:45:01 pm »

I hope that your first comment was tongue in cheek, as I dont think that the Trust could organize a p1ss up in a WMC.  Grin Grin
Yeah, lol. I was.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2022, 23:10:59 pm »

If you could take going up by automatic promotion or via the playoffs everyone would would take the latter without exception.
I wouldnt. Automatic everytime.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2022, 23:32:24 pm »

I wouldnt. Automatic everytime.
You’ve let me down Pete, it was all going so well. If we knock Mansfield out and win at Wembley I’ll  ask you again. If we lose I’m making myself scarce.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2022, 23:45:44 pm »

Keith Hill is an absolute fûcking disgrace, that keeper was worse the Mitch.

He still thinks he's the right man for the job. When I heard last week he played a bunch of kids against Hartlepool  I thought if they do that against Bristol Rovers it could be a cricket score and I was right. They were only saved from a hammering last week because Pool were just as bad.

If he ever brings another team to Sixfields I hope he gets the reception he deserves.
Report Spam   Logged
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2022, 00:04:54 am »

Lol I’m just watching the BR goals… a lot of them you’d expect to be saved by a normal keeper.

Yeah looked like they had a 10 year old in goal that is just so tough to watch
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2022, 00:27:18 am »

You’ve let me down Pete, it was all going so well. If we knock Mansfield out and win at Wembley I’ll  ask you again. If we lose I’m making myself scarce.
No mate. I dont like play offs. Southend, sh1t day out. Mansfield sh1t referee and sh1t day out. Grimsby, camping at Santa Pod for the weekend, never got to see the top fuel drag racing, because we had to leave early Sunday, me and Rosy off to wembley, Justin had to get back, as he was landlord at the King Billy. And then there was Bradford. How many people said to me "Boothroyds a Bradford fan" Another sh1t day out. But Im not bitter.  Grin
As an aside, we have had some pleasant spring weather over the last few days, hows the autumnal Aussie weather?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2022, 00:32:10 am »

No mate. I dont like play offs. Southend, sh1t day out. Mansfield sh1t referee and sh1t day out. Grimsby, camping at Santa Pod for the weekend, never got to see the top fuel drag racing, because we had to leave early Sunday, me and Rosy off to wembley, Justin had to get back, as he was landlord at the King Billy. And then there was Bradford. How many people said to me "Boothroyds a Bradford fan" Another sh1t day out. But Im not bitter.  Grin
As an aside, we have had some pleasant spring weather over the last few days, hows the autumnal Aussie weather?
Shít mate, píssing down.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2022, 00:36:25 am »

Shít mate, píssing down.
Thats fantastic news, cheered me up on an otherwise dark day.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2022, 00:41:01 am »

Some weird comments from Keith Hill post match:

"I'm putting my head on the chopping block, in the same way Joey did last season when they finished bottom of League 1. But I need to be able to change the culture, make it a positive winning environment."

"The first P of professionalism is punctuality. Proper practice. Pride. Let's show some. Joey spoke to us about it. You don't take shortcuts in football, you don't take shortcuts in life. You take shortcuts, you fail. And Joey's right. Joey witnessed it last season with Bristol, and it was a difficult journey for him. Outspoken at times, people were questioning his footballing ability. He gets the recruitment right, he gets the pre-season right, and the rest is history."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5hn65

Could he be any further up Barton's arse?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:48 am »

Thats fantastic news, cheered me up on an otherwise dark day.  Grin
You know me mate, here to help 👍
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2022, 04:14:39 am »

Yes, but those previous Scunny games had fa riding on the results...

Today, for footballing integrity, he should have fielded his most senior players..

Not play a 17 year old rookie keeper & a bunch of other  kids in a match of such importance...

Never been so gutted after a win...

Still fuming, but extremely proud of what we've already achieved this season.

Agreed, from my perspective, a title deciding boxing match between a rookie and an experienced professional would never be allowed, not in the sports integrity nor for possible betting irregularities  Wink

If on the last day of the Prem, Leeds needing a stonking win away at Brentford and being safe Brentford fielded kids, trialists and rolled over and as a result Everton were relegated, I'm sure they would certainly have something to say on sporting integrity.

Whilst this is all sour grapes on my part, Keith Hill should be disgusted with himself for abusing the football league, Rovers may have scored 7 and fair play to them but my local team would have scored 9 or more against that Scunthorpe side. Anyone looked at their full player stats, league appearances etc?

I can only hope the incentive of playing at Wembley or a few extra quid can re-motivate the team but wont be easy. What I can say is that whatever division next season the team under JB and Co will be even better than this one!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2022, 08:58:26 am »

Having now calmed down (a bit) can I just say I no longer hope Sc***horpe go out of business. Instead I hope they sack Hill and he never finds another job in football.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: