The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:45:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May  (Read 20182 times)
yorkstag

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2022, 20:13:21 pm »

Yeah, from what I've read they seem to have the semi won already and assuming we are there for the taking. We'll soon find out.

I can assure you that is absolutely not the case and I don't know how you have formed that view.

Our support has been fantastic this year and the fact we sold out for a Weds night away game is evidence. I'm travelling down from Leeds and my son is travelling up from London for the away leg. As fans all we can do is just turn up in numbers and be loud and we will be.

Good luck and incidentally I think Sc***horpe did you no favours. 
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2022, 21:27:43 pm »

I can assure you that is absolutely not the case and I don't know how you have formed that view.

Our support has been fantastic this year and the fact we sold out for a Weds night away game is evidence. I'm travelling down from Leeds and my son is travelling up from London for the away leg. As fans all we can do is just turn up in numbers and be loud and we will be.

Good luck and incidentally I think Sc***horpe did you no favours. 

I'm glad you think that way, hopefully Nigel Clough does too and in the interest of fair play and the spirit of sportsmanship, he instructs his players to roll over in the 2nd leg allowing us to win by the exact score we need to win the tie!
Or maybe he's made of the same stuff as Keith Hill. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Wakey Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2022, 07:06:10 am »

Does anyone know how many tickets are currently left for the away tie?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2022, 07:35:39 am »

"Over 700 sold" according to the club on Facebook. So around 900 left but know a lot of ST holders struggled to get through so expect there will be a surge today.

Found some of the comments funny on social media from Mansfield fans calling us tinpot for not selling out yet. 2 points... 1, we are still recovering from a bit of shock. 2, As attractive as the playoffs might be, it takes a lot of will power to commit yourself to spend time in Mansfield. Many fans will need therapy before purchasing.
Report Spam   Logged
Wakey Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2022, 07:44:02 am »

Cheers London, hopefully some tickets left tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2022, 11:45:52 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/clough-wary-of-heartbroken-cobblers-and-says-play-off-tie-will-be-decided-at-field-mill-3689126

Don't agree with this but we need to make sure we play positive and dont sit back and try to 'win it at home'.
Although guess he'll go slightly defensive with Roberts out to protect Maxted and hit them on the counter maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2022, 12:12:12 pm »

I've just been up and bought my ticket for the home tie and there were Mansfield tickets on the desk so they haven't sold out yet. I'm not sure how many remain though.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2022, 12:17:15 pm »

I can only assume that there may be injuries to Appere and/or Eppiah - neither looked themselves on Saturday. It would be a massive blow if either are going to be out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2022, 12:28:22 pm »

What a silly thing to say that it will be decided at Field Mill, unless he thinks either team is going to win by 4 goals or more. I am guessing that he is alluding that we are there for the taking.
The way this season has gone I wouldn't be over confident going into injury time in the second leg with a two goal lead! It's going to be f*cking horrible.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2022, 12:34:43 pm »

I can only assume that there may be injuries to Appere and/or Eppiah - neither looked themselves on Saturday. It would be a massive blow if either are going to be out.

................especially if Danny Rose is anywhere near the 1st 11. FWIW I think Zimba could prove a hero in those circumstances. We haven't seen the best of him and he definitely has potential.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2022, 12:45:29 pm »

................especially if Danny Rose is anywhere near the 1st 11. FWIW I think Zimba could prove a hero in those circumstances. We haven't seen the best of him and he definitely has potential.

Having said that, Mansfield still seem to really rate Rose, surely it’s the law of averages that he must score at some point - why not against his old club. My biggest concern would be Rose versus O’Toole - one or both is bound to get sent off!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2022, 14:16:01 pm »

Having said that, Mansfield still seem to really rate Rose, surely it’s the law of averages that he must score at some point - why not against his old club. My biggest concern would be Rose versus O’Toole - one or both is bound to get sent off!
Play Rose...Rose scores OG.
No thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2022, 18:40:39 pm »

Play Rose...Rose scores OG.
No thanks.

Good point, perhaps he shouldn't go in goal after all. He's pretty good at diving though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2022, 19:25:29 pm »

Sat 14th May 2022
Mansfield Town F.C. (First Team) v Northampton Town FC (First Team)
Football League 2   
Referee: Backhouse, Anthony
Assistant Referee: Farrell, Conor
Assistant Referee: Stevens, Mark
Fourth Official: Mather, Simon
Reserve Assistant Referee: Williams, Ollie
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2022, 20:08:46 pm »

Sat 14th May 2022
Mansfield Town F.C. (First Team) v Northampton Town FC (First Team)
Football League 2   
Referee: Backhouse, Anthony
Assistant Referee: Farrell, Conor
Assistant Referee: Stevens, Mark
Fourth Official: Mather, Simon
Reserve Assistant Referee: Williams, Ollie

So we've got the same referee for the same fixture on 2nd April. The game he sent off Paul Lewis. Strange appointment.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2022, 20:28:40 pm »

So we've got the same referee for the same fixture on 2nd April. The game he sent off Paul Lewis. Strange appointment.

Some people think that he did us a favour? Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2022, 20:48:30 pm »

How many tickets have been sold prior to going on unlimited sale tomorrow?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2022, 22:01:48 pm »

How many tickets have been sold prior to going on unlimited sale tomorrow?

1105 as at COB today. Mind you some diehards aren't going despite of Terrys 'Call to Arms'
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2022, 05:10:08 am »

Sounds like someone is building sand castles early on the pleasure beach .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2022, 09:59:10 am »

Anyone know where we collect tickets from? Assume we will be able to at Mansfield  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: