The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:20:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May  (Read 20095 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 08, 2022, 09:01:18 am »

Yesterday’s done.

How many tickets? Who’s coming?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 10:28:52 am »

We've given Mansfield 1,468 tickets for our home game...I don't understand that. I'm sure we would have sold out the east stand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 10:41:47 am »

We've given Mansfield 1,468 tickets for our home game...I don't understand that. I'm sure we would have sold out the east stand.

Exeter all over again...you'd think we'd give ourselves the best chance unless there is a stipulation on minimum allocations based on capacity.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 11:49:48 am »

There is EFL guidance on this as follows.

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). The following conditions shall apply:

Or if SBeds interprets it we have missed out on selling a gazillion tickets that would have paid off the awesome mega extension footballing pleasure palace due to 20 years of out of towners only interested in a land grab.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 11:55:36 am »

If we do not sell this out completely I’d be really surprised and disappointed.
Bring a mate, the casual few times a year folk, new people yet to discover the pleasure of watching the Cobblers.
Every extra bit of noise, the incremental difference to get us to the final.
 Staff the f ucking bars, set up extra extra pumps, pre pour the f ucking drinks.

I f ucking hate Mansfield. Rant over.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 12:08:55 pm »

As others have already touched on, if we have given them more tickets than they are entitled to then it is very short-sighted - we’re going to need every advantage that we can get.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 12:41:07 pm »

Personally I doubt that giving Mansfield around an extra 500 tickets will impact the result and as their away end holds 1800 it would seem unfair to only give them about half of that. If we only let them have the 944 in the south we would be up in arms if they decided to limit us to the same at their place and put segregation in place to allow them to get extra home fans in the away end.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2022, 12:45:30 pm »

We’ve got our work cut out with this one. Mansfield are a decent outfit.

Will be difficult with heads down, keeper suspended, one centre forward that’s stopped shooting again and the other one that’s now missed 4 1 on 1s in the last 3 games.

Evil
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2022, 12:54:39 pm »

Perhaps based on us getting 1800 in their away end?

Or being cautious we wouldn't sell our ourselves?
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
guest3063

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 13:00:11 pm »

As others have already touched on, if we have given them more tickets than they are entitled to then it is very short-sighted - we’re going to need every advantage that we can get.

Welcome back mate. Where have you been?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 13:07:35 pm »

Welcome back mate. Where have you been?

Alright mate, just had a few struggles over the last few months and the last thing I needed was some of the negativity on the message board on top of that - I’ll probably regret it but there you go.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 13:10:45 pm »

Alright mate, just had a few struggles over the last few months and the last thing I needed was some of the negativity on the message board on top of that - I’ll probably regret it but there you go.

Sorry to hear about the struggles but good to have you back.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2022, 13:16:23 pm »

Sorry to hear about the struggles but good to have you back.

Cheers mate.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2022, 13:26:42 pm »

Personally I doubt that giving Mansfield around an extra 500 tickets will impact the result and as their away end holds 1800 it would seem unfair to only give them about half of that. If we only let them have the 944 in the south we would be up in arms if they decided to limit us to the same at their place and put segregation in place to allow them to get extra home fans in the away end.

I think the point is that we are putting segregation in place..we are giving the away stand + extra. That is not the same as cutting the away stand if they did it. Their away stand is just bigger.

There will be 50 odd seats that don't get used because of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2022, 14:31:17 pm »

We've always sold out play off semis.
I'm not sure that the number of away fans really makes a difference. They can chant all they like, it's the quality of football that will sweep us to victory.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 14:44:04 pm »

We've always sold out play off semis.
I'm not sure that the number of away fans really makes a difference. They can chant all they like, it's the quality of football that will sweep us to victory.

2013, semi final against Cheltenham, attendance 6,563
2005, semi final against Southend, attendance 6,601
2004, semi final against Mansfield, attendance 6,960
1998, semi final against Bristol Rovers, attendance 7,501
1997, semi final against Cardiff City, attendance 7,302

Only one of the five semi-finals sold out......I don't expect this one too either.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 14:49:07 pm »

2013, semi final against Cheltenham, attendance 6,563
2005, semi final against Southend, attendance 6,601
2004, semi final against Mansfield, attendance 6,960
1998, semi final against Bristol Rovers, attendance 7,501
1997, semi final against Cardiff City, attendance 7,302

Only one of the five semi-finals sold out......I don't expect this one too either.

OK statto, did the aways take-up their allocation?
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 14:59:05 pm »

This thread appears to require a different heading - something like Mansfield Play off Ticket Allocations (Home and Away Ends) Field Mill & Sixfields. I was expecting debate and analysis associated with the actual match next Saturday evening at Mansfield's ground. I was disappointed.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 15:03:35 pm »

I was expecting debate and analysis associated with the actual match

What?
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 15:10:46 pm »

What?

GPC and west stand oap usually provide an excellent introduction to the game - a preview. I'm sure you knew this anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: