The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:03:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May  (Read 20084 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2022, 12:40:31 pm »

I didn't realise you were interested Shocked

By the way Liverpool are complaining they can't get enough tickets for the Champions League Final. Sounds like it's being held in an unprofessional stadium that needs an extra bank of terracing behind the goal, or on the roof? Wink

Yes, they banged on about similar back in 85!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2022, 12:54:30 pm »

I don’t suppose anyone knows if McGowan is likely to be fit for Saturday?
out out
And it gets worst
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2022, 13:03:28 pm »

out out
And it gets worst

Not good.  Are we saying that it’s a worse injury than first feared or we’ve got more injuries? I thought Mills did fine on Saturday but I’ve got reservations at playing a left footer on the right and I would be very reluctant to change the formation completely due to one injury and have Hoskins out of position.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2022, 14:03:34 pm »

out out
And it gets worst

He's not dropping Bayo and sticking Clive Platt up front again is he?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2022, 14:33:08 pm »

out out
And it gets worst

We all know Maxted will be in goal or is there more bad news? Not that I'm suggesting Jonny can't do a job, it's just that he's not Roberts.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2022, 14:35:03 pm »

Cheers. I've asked the club for confirmation that this is still the case. I will let everyone know when I get an answer.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2022, 14:36:27 pm »

Not good.  Are we saying that it’s a worse injury than first feared or we’ve got more injuries? I thought Mills did fine on Saturday but I’ve got reservations at playing a left footer on the right and I would be very reluctant to change the formation completely due to one injury and have Hoskins out of position.

More injuries I assume? Possibly a defender, a midfielder and a forward out of the equation for Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2022, 14:42:59 pm »

More injuries I assume? Possibly a defender, a midfielder and a forward out of the equation for Saturday?

I know it’s hard to tell for certain but it didn’t look like any of the players had picked up any knocks? It’ll be a real shame if we’re not at full strength - with the big exception of Roberts - as we haven’t got much depth in the squad.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2022, 15:02:46 pm »

We all know Maxted will be in goal

Will he? I've got Rose down on account of his clean sheet percentage (100) being better and more importantly, he won't be put up front instead of somebody who looks more likely to score, e.g. Maxted.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2022, 15:26:03 pm »

Just reading through the Mansfield fan's forum;

1. They are concerned about our aerial threat from set pieces.
2. They (mostly) seem to think we are whining about the BR/Sc***horpe game though some clearly sympathise.
3. They are complaining about the difficulties of buying tickets for the playoffs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2022, 16:05:16 pm »

Yeah, from what I've read they seem to have the semi won already and assuming we are there for the taking. We'll soon find out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2022, 17:21:54 pm »

If you measure the disappointment of most successful Clubs you'll find their seasonal level of disappointment can easily match and beat ours..
How many times have these clubs lost big semi finals and finals?
Losing the league by a point?
Failing to get into the premiership top 4?

Yes this hurts them just as much as us dropping into the play offs but on average the big disappointment they all suffer happens at least twice a season for them, where with us it's every blue moon.

My worst 3 were
1. Losing to Posh in 1972/3 falling reach top 4 pre playoffs.

2. Spending 50 years rotting mainly in L2

3. Not being able to escape the clutches of
CDNL land grabbing for near on 20 years,  therefore not allowing our club to escape our 1990s back drop to
 progress to become a more professional organisation.

I'm happy were in the play offs, an exciting conclusion to what has been a decent season by Jon and his team.
Just need to go on and win it.

Let's all go fu##ing Cobblers....

😂 you crack me up.
How do measure disappointment ?
Is it a sigh per second or a whinge per web page?
I really have no idea.
Report Spam   Logged
sin city

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2022, 17:28:01 pm »

Old 'Tool JJ First goal 14/1, cant find a price for a red card..Maybe no bets being taken.

Bookies have us as 4/7 Fav's to qualify with the Stags at 1/1

Guthrie 17/2 and Horsfall 11/1 any time to score at 365, ties in with reported comments about set pieces..

Half Time Full Time..Stags... Cobbs @ 33/1 seems worth an interest. With a long shot of a Cobbs win of 4-1 @66/1

But the banker for Saturday Night is Ukraine at 4/7 in Euro 2022.. Grin

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2022, 17:43:03 pm »

Cheers. I've asked the club for confirmation that this is still the case. I will let everyone know when I get an answer.

If you managed to print your ticket yesterday with a QR code it will fine to use on the day. They had to withdraw that option when they realised there was an issue with it. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2022, 17:52:03 pm »

If we do not sell this out completely I’d be really surprised and disappointed.
Bring a mate, the casual few times a year folk, new people yet to discover the pleasure of watching the Cobblers.
Every extra bit of noise, the incremental difference to get us to the final.
 Staff the f ucking bars, set up extra extra pumps, pre pour the f ucking drinks.

I f ucking hate Mansfield. Rant over.

Does that mean you are also going to Mansfield with Terry and Coolie?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2022, 17:52:10 pm »

All of the above
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2022, 17:55:12 pm »

If you managed to print your ticket yesterday with a QR code it will fine to use on the day. They had to withdraw that option when they realised there was an issue with it. 

I saw they'd posted that on Facebook but they are still allowing you to print them out. They clearly show the seat details and from checking the QR code it's just holding a sequence number. If they are accepting the ones printed yesterday I can't see how they will tell the difference between the ones printed yesterday and the ones printed today, so I'm just going to use the one I printed regardless.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2022, 18:10:28 pm »

I saw they'd posted that on Facebook but they are still allowing you to print them out. They clearly show the seat details and from checking the QR code it's just holding a sequence number. If they are accepting the ones printed yesterday I can't see how they will tell the difference between the ones printed yesterday and the ones printed today, so I'm just going to use the one I printed regardless.

I asked them to let supporters know via Twitter or Facebook, so good to hear they have.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2022, 18:49:56 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61396822

Northampton Town contact EFL over Sc***horpe line up.

'Meanwhile, Sc***horpe have announced that[debutant teenage defender] Lobley [who played against Bristol Rovers and scored an own goal] is one of four second-year scholars being released this summer.'

Hill can't even claim that he was blooding youngsters to develop them for the future. What possible reason did he have for playing Lobley over Grant, for instance? The whole thing stinks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 18:57:00 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2022, 18:51:40 pm »

Northampton Town
@ntfc
·
3h
For those supporters who printed their home leg QR code tickets at home while that was an option yesterday, those tickets will work fine. The PAH option had to be withdrawn late yesterday but any tickets printed at home prior to that will work fine. Thank you for your support.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: