The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:25:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (a) PO 1st leg 14th May  (Read 20082 times)
Bingers

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2022, 18:55:12 pm »

From someone who answers to the sobriquet "rim", this is full of innuendos!  Grin Grin

Good point. Perhaps I shouldn't meet up with strange men off the Internet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest49

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2022, 08:54:34 am »

From what I have read on the forums we have been vilified and pretty universally disliked with an 'anyone but Northampton' theme. No-one likes to hear so much bitching and moaning, the old sour grapes syndrome.

I hope the boys can do their stuff and allow a little gloating after another glorious Wembley win. A lot to do before we get to that point!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2022, 11:37:28 am »

From what I have read on the forums we have been vilified and pretty universally disliked with an 'anyone but Northampton' theme. No-one likes to hear so much bitching and moaning, the old sour grapes syndrome.

I hope the boys can do their stuff and allow a little gloating after another glorious Wembley win. A lot to do before we get to that point!

Yes, it's all become a little unsavoury. FWIW having calmed down I'm sure there's not been any actual collusive skullduggery but still believe Keith Hill undermined his own and his clubs integrity. Whatever his problems with his senior pros, its on him to sort them and put out a side that is, on paper at least, a side best equipped with what was going to be a cauldron atmosphere. To play a one game keeper and put leadership in the hands of a little more experienced 18 year old and give a debut to a lad who was due for release, who then scores a screamer of an OG and gets subbed halfway through a first half..... I'm not sure what he was thinking. Had he played his most experienced side, our biggest moan would have been, "Christ they're sheit". However, he has drawn attention to himself and his club with what appears a disingenuous team selection. Brizzle must have been rubbing their hands looking at it and that was a head start in itself. We all know Rovers would win and likely win well but seven should have been to big an ask.

Some quarters also show a staggering lack of grace and knowledge in terms of assessing our performance. We were just as unstoppable in our first 30 mins as Rovers were in their last. The difference being that Phil Brown could see a hiding coming and did something about it. Did we take our foot off? Subconciously probably but to those that say "you should have scored another" or "You shouldn't have conceded" well of course, yes but that easy to say and not so easy to do against a full strength team that is actually putting up some resistance. The difference is, as Rovers started to ramp it up, Skunthorpe either couldn't or wouldn't resist.

I don't blame our players or our management team. And yes, you can say if we hadn't lost there, or if we'd got a goal here.... but so can Rovers too. Thats a nothing argument. The fact remains that after 45 games come 3pm you know what needs to be done and the previous 45 games become largely irrelevant - they're in the past.

We got a great result which should have put us out of reach and would have, as I still believe, has Skunthorpe been set up properly.

As for any "anti-Cobblers" sentiments doing the rounds, thats just silly. Any moaning or whining isn't a "Cobblers thing" - its a "generic fan thing". Fans of any other club would say and react just the same and judging by some of the lack of class shown by Rovers fans, it'd probably have been worse.

Onwards to Saturday. Prior to Barrow I'd have said play-offs? No thanks. Now I can't wait and I hope we shut the fukkas up!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:40:47 am by WasRambo » Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2022, 13:01:48 pm »

Northants 506 for 4 at Edgbaston as I write. Could this be as good a weekend for Northants sport generally as last weekend was so distressing.

CYC
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2022, 16:35:25 pm »

Only way I can think to word this… I don’t give a sh1t what anyone thinks.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2022, 16:49:31 pm »

Only way I can think to word this… I don’t give a sh1t what anyone thinks.

Nor I, we know the truth. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2022, 17:21:44 pm »

“We will try and look at Aaron but he will be touch and go," said manager Jon Brady.

"We will give him as long as possible.

“Everyone else looks to have come through the Barrow game with a clean bill of health which is good and we are fit, ready and focused for Saturday night."

Sounds good to me. I hope we take the game to them.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2022, 18:05:39 pm »

So much for these other injuries that were being hinted at on here as JB says there are none.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2022, 18:28:50 pm »

I hadn’t seen any mention of injuries. We knew McGowan was crook.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2022, 18:42:08 pm »

So much for these other injuries that were being hinted at on here as JB says there are none.

Sowerby and Eppiah were the names i'd heard mentioned, alongside McGowan and the suspended Roberts.  I guess we'll find out at around 6.45pm tomorrow!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2022, 19:50:25 pm »

I find these rumours on injuries somewhat confusing when Brady says they are none and the squad is fit with no apparent injuries surfacing after the Barrow game! If only people ITK could actually substantiate their claims before going into print. No chance of that I guess!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3481

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2022, 20:07:42 pm »

106 tickets still available for tomorrow.
Suprised we haven’t sold out but I guess most will prioritise the 2nd game hence why Mansfield sold out so quick
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2022, 20:46:14 pm »

I’m not sure there’s much reasoned debate on most football forums and I include this one in that. Yet I bet if you surveyed the fans of every league club and asked them if the’d be happy for teams with nothing to play for to play their youth team in fixtures with promotion/relegation implications then universally the’d be against it.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2022, 20:50:04 pm »

Brackley.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2022, 21:28:03 pm »

Can anyone help me with a bit of a quandary for tomorrow. Are my lucky pants from last week lucky enough? Obviously they helped immensely with the 3 - 1 away victory, but were they lucky enough?

I could wear them again, but what if they get Maxted sent off?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2022, 22:41:49 pm »

Can anyone help me with a bit of a quandary for tomorrow. Are my lucky pants from last week lucky enough? Obviously they helped immensely with the 3 - 1 away victory, but were they lucky enough?

I could wear them again, but what if they get Maxted sent off?
Just turn them inside out. Job done.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2022, 22:52:42 pm »

i think the fact it’s on TV and the disappointment from last week has affected the take up .
Plus lots of people have things already organised on a saturday night .
I would be happy with a scrappy draw . Mansfield invested well in January and have benefited like Bristol Rovers did .
Money talks .
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2022, 02:16:42 am »

106 tickets still available for tomorrow.
Suprised we haven’t sold out but I guess most will prioritise the 2nd game hence why Mansfield sold out so quick

I think the apathy has more to say with our repeated visits to such a sh*t hole of Mansfield !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2022, 07:21:41 am »

Just turn them inside out. Job done.
That's a no brainer, things got a bit stressful last week and they haven't been washed yet. But was week a good result or not? Normally yes, but in extreme circumstances, no. Will the abnormal happen again? Does Colin have Mansfield on his acca and will offer some unusual substitution advice late on, e.g. stick Rose up front on his own.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2022, 07:36:24 am »

Last week’s agony, apathy, Saturday night plans, finances, the FA cup final, plus it’s Mansfield.
I reckon we’ve done well to sell 1,500!

Let’s keep the tie live and get into them at Sixfields. TBH absolutely dreading the next 2 (or 3) games and hoping the squad are feeling more confident and determined.
Everything has pointed towards it not being our year so need to buck that trend. Lottery.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: