The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 18:56:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May  (Read 24119 times)
Baldy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2022, 20:37:08 pm »

We've got that League 2 in the bag next season.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2022, 20:37:40 pm »

Now bellends running on and throwing flares
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2022, 20:39:00 pm »

We’ve not had a shot on target since the 48th second.

We’ve got what we deserve here.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2022, 20:41:42 pm »

We've looked tired tonight towards the end - the two goal deficit perhaps.
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2022, 20:43:32 pm »

Two reds for me….and one for us….the ref has been very very conservative in his judgement this evening!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2022, 20:44:56 pm »

Totally dominated over both legs but if you only score one then....

That said, the officiating in both legs was dreadful and we got the worst of it.

Stand by for a right bashing on social media
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2022, 20:46:18 pm »

I'm glad I wasn't sat in the East Stand getting absolutely soaked.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2022, 20:51:44 pm »

We created absolutely zero and did nothing to change the way we set up.

Chasing the game at home for 90 minutes and we muster 1 shot on target.

Far to many below par performances tonight. Front three anonymous, mills and AK woeful.

Otoole the best player on the pitch by a long stretch.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2022, 20:59:03 pm »

Far to many below par performances tonight. Front three anonymous, mills and AK woeful.

And a master stroke by Clough to shift John-Joe from his now usual central defensive position into a midfield general role…..
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2022, 20:59:07 pm »

This was always on the cards after the last day fiasco.

That said I genuinely believed we'd turn it around. But for their keepers fingertips I believe we'd have gone on to win and win well. But their goal knocked the stuffing out of us, they'd barely been in our half. Again, I still don't see how their player running after the ball can't be called offside. I know players shouldn't stop but come on, the whole decisive line visibly stalled when he went after the ball. If that's not interfering with play I don't know what is.

We needed Super Sammy tonight but got Sammy who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Only Eppiah and Pinnock created any type of threat but Mansfield threw everything in the way so fair play to them.

Hard to take as they really weren't that good and unless they up their game the winner comes from the other tie.

Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2022, 21:09:02 pm »

you say that but Mansfield blocked at least half a dozen so hard to predict what would have happened if they hadn't smashed into legs, bodies and faces...

It's hard to be down on Brady or the players. We achieved way above what I realistically expected and to get 80pts and not go up, especially in those circumstances is really unlucky. If we can by chance hold on to the defence and even midfield, we just need to add some firepower....
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2022, 21:10:55 pm »

Agree with your last two posts WasRambo. Some hard Judges on here!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2022, 21:13:30 pm »

Keith Curle being incredibly complimentary about the Cpbblers. Before the game he described Hoskins "as a dream for a manager".
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2022, 21:16:07 pm »

Only one Bristol rovers

Only one Keith Hill.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2022, 21:19:18 pm »

Keith Curle being incredibly complimentary about the Cpbblers. Before the game he described Hoskins "as a dream for a manager".
Did think it was interesting that he described us as organised and well run, but Mansfield were 'well-resouced'. Would really love to see what budgets are like in this league.
Report Spam   Logged
Seventh heaven

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2022, 21:20:52 pm »

Only one Keith Hill.

And benny 😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2022, 21:23:52 pm »

McLaughlin, Perch and Longstaff must be on a whack for this level?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2022, 21:24:52 pm »

No complaints from me.
We huffed and puffed with plenty of possession but Mansfield did a job on us and nullified any threat. They must have won 70%+ in the air and the same on second balls. When we had it on the floor we looked more effective but lacked real creativity and they defended well. We could have played until midnight and not scored.
McWilliams was our best player by far.

Special mention for the officials…they’ve been dreadful all season. Welcome to League Two.

Congrats to Mansfield and well done to JB and the boys for a good season.

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2022, 21:28:59 pm »

McWilliams was our best player by far.

An accomplished performance I thought. He's definitely matured. Less red mist.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2022, 21:31:18 pm »

No real complaints tonight. Maybe we didn't quite get the rub off the green at times and that looked very much like a red card for the challenge that ended Eppiah's night but the truth is Mansfield were resolute in defence and we lacked the guile to break them down. Even our set piece delivery that's been so strong all season let us down tonight, although again I guess a lot of credit goes to Mansfield for the way they set themselves up to deal with them.

Then the evening gets topped off by a couple of utter fůcking bellends running on the pitch and completely showing us up on national TV...

What I will say is I'm way, way less bothered tonight than I was after the Barrow game. We lost fair and square tonight and that's OK. I can take that. Against Barrow we were cheated by the fecklessness of another team, and that I still struggle to accept.

Oh well, at least now we can get back to squabbling about the East Stand until the next season kicks off again!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: