The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:56:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May  (Read 24120 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2022, 05:53:01 am »

Nigel Clough had two players for every position and is able to attract the likes of Longstaff on loan with money .
We turn down Anderson from the same club for being pennies over budget . That is the difference .
maybe should be time to increase season ticket prices then
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2022, 06:41:50 am »

I agree with this.
I think we could do with a decent experienced manager to help us build a decent team.
Brady isn’t that man imo.
Too inexperienced/too negative.
I’d get in a proven manager and have Brady as coach.

Which proven manager would you get in, and you have to be realistic, who you think would have done better than Brady has in his first full season?

With a squad of 13 and a lot of deadwood (left behind by our previous "experienced" manager) we've finished 4th in the league, were 5 minutes from automatic promotion in a season that the majority of us I would think would have predicted a mid table finish.

The players have really put the effort in and more for the coaching team, some of them have become much better players since Brady got the gig. Horsefall, McWilliams, Hoskins are three that immediately come to mind.

We've had a great season, Sixfields, in spite of its faults, has been an enjoyable place to come and watch football, the atmosphere has been better and a lot more positive.  I'm happy for Brady to continue rather than get some tired old "experienced" manager off the merry go round. For a manager in his first full season, I don't think we could have asked for or expected anything more than he delivered.

UTC
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:43:50 am by St Edmundsbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2022, 07:01:57 am »

maybe should be time to increase season ticket prices then
ST prices obviously need increasing by 50% in order for the club to compete next season as the current investment (or lack of it) from the board is not enough to build a decent squad.
Let’s see if we finally get a couple of PROVEN strikers rather than the BAS and kabamba options….

I doubt it
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2022, 07:41:45 am »

ST prices obviously need increasing by 50% in order for the club to compete next season as the current investment (or lack of it) from the board is not enough to build a decent squad.

I would say missing out on automatic promotion on goals scored counts as ‘competing’ and that’s on the current budget with a squad that contained a forest of dead wood. I also think the word ‘investment’ is massively overused in terms of lower league football teams as a wonder how many chairmen actually get their money back let alone a profit when they put money in to cover loses chasing promotion.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2022, 07:52:52 am »

Let’s see if we finally get a couple of PROVEN strikers rather than the BAS and kabamba options….

I doubt it

Might work IF enough people buy a season ticket, Will You?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2022, 07:55:13 am »

I think anyone even suggesting that Brady is sacked is a bit strange but TBF I have read very, very few who have even hinted at the suggestion.
The dizziness of the managerial merry-go-round has never worked for us and he's been here 5 minutes. When you take a step back from the ultimate disappointment to the end of the season it was extremely fine margins. We were probably a half decent striker away missing from winning the league. Maybe Etete staying...all ifs, buts and maybes that face every team.  

At least give him until Xmas  Tongue
If it doesn't work out next season we can continue our common argument regarding sh*t recruitment vs sh*t budget vs sh*t manager.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2022, 08:07:36 am »

JB isn't the reason we didn't get promoted, he's one of reasons we nearly did.
As he has now said this squad massively over achieved because of it's lack of depth.

Anyway, confession time!
We didn't lose to Mansfield because of their offside goals.
We didn't lose because the Ref failed to award us four blatant penalties.
We didn't lose because the Ref failed to send off two Mansfield players.
We didn't lose because Mansfield broke our liveliest forward player.

No, we lost because I wasn't wearing my lucky watch! Sorry Chaps Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2022, 10:02:16 am »

So what happened to the game being sold out?.  Total attendance 145 less than the Exeter game with 159 fewer home support, I know we lose a few seats to accommodate the cameras but not that many.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:51 am »

So what happened to the game being sold out?.  Total attendance 145 less than the Exeter game with 159 fewer home support, I know we lose a few seats to accommodate the cameras but not that many.

There were a few seats around me unoccupied, including the one on my left. Also some of the people who come to every game were absent as well, maybe the lure of the TV?. I must admit I was tempted myself, especially with the weather forecast, but I had bought a ticket and thought I had better use it.

It is quite likely though that some tickets were sold and for whatever reason some people didn't attend.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
guest3481

« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2022, 10:34:29 am »

People who didn't turn up, community tickets that weren't given out, commercial tickets, friends and family I guess.

I don't know how they determine it but I'm sure our game against Sheffield United when they got promoted was also sold out and had less than Wednesday (7,425)
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2022, 10:56:06 am »

Ask the Fans Representative person. It's an easy one for him to respond to and worth him understanding if he hasn't already picked up on it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2022, 11:33:16 am »

I had an unused ticket as my daughter was unwell after school. I'm sure the weather put a few off.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2022, 11:40:20 am »

Which proven manager would you get in, and you have to be realistic, who you think would have done better than Brady has in his first full season?

With a squad of 13 and a lot of deadwood (left behind by our previous "experienced" manager) we've finished 4th in the league, were 5 minutes from automatic promotion in a season that the majority of us I would think would have predicted a mid table finish.

The players have really put the effort in and more for the coaching team, some of them have become much better players since Brady got the gig. Horsefall, McWilliams, Hoskins are three that immediately come to mind.

We've had a great season, Sixfields, in spite of its faults, has been an enjoyable place to come and watch football, the atmosphere has been better and a lot more positive.  I'm happy for Brady to continue rather than get some tired old "experienced" manager off the merry go round. For a manager in his first full season, I don't think we could have asked for or expected anything more than he delivered.

UTC

Good riposte to Shoemaker!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2022, 12:56:46 pm »

Regarding the offside law, I have never liked waiting for the player to actually play the ball before the lino raises his flag. By waiting an offside forward can be chasing the ball and a defender can come over with a heavy challenge completely wiping him out only for it to be totally irrelevant as the lino then flags for offside but one or both of the players could sustain serious injuries in the tackle which could keep them out for several games.
Obviously you do not immediately flag when the ball is played through with a player in an offside position as he may have no intention of going for the ball and another player can run through from an onside position but the flag should be raised when a player in an offside position makes a positive movement towards the ball as the Mansfield player did.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2022, 13:19:32 pm »

I doubt it

Good luck getting the same numbers off a 50% increase… get the point but in reality that is suicide for KT
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2022, 13:53:03 pm »

There were a few seats around me unoccupied, including the one on my left. Also some of the people who come to every game were absent as well, maybe the lure of the TV?. I must admit I was tempted myself, especially with the weather forecast, but I had bought a ticket and thought I had better use it.

It is quite likely though that some tickets were sold and for whatever reason some people didn't attend.

There were quite few near me who left at half time... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2022, 15:01:03 pm »

People who didn't turn up, community tickets that weren't given out, commercial tickets, friends and family I guess.

I don't know how they determine it but I'm sure our game against Sheffield United when they got promoted was also sold out and had less than Wednesday (7,425)

Wednesday always attract more than United.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2022, 16:27:56 pm »

Albeit rare times it is in L2, there should be a better way of not letting home tickets go to waste!
Club buy-back / resale scheme.
Wouldn't be an issue if the ground held 10k  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2022, 10:16:37 am »

I'm not around these parts much these days since I moved to the south coast back in 2013. I still 'follow' NTFC but from a distance and have to admit I've only been a few times since the Bradford loss at Wembley.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. I think most of you have taken the defeat by Mansfield pretty well, considering the circumstances of the whole picture. I had hoped that a wrong from the semi-final playoff years ago was going to be corrected at last, in the way the Gas finally got revenge for that famous night in Sixfields. As many have said, I too was outraged by the circumstances of what happened on the last day - it wouldn't have happened in the Prem. But it seems anything goes in irrelevant League 2.

2. Have to say, I wasn't that thrilled when Brady was appointed, but in his defence, so far he has exceeded expectations and deserves a chance now to bring in some players over the summer and push on. He's only had a year and was no doubt hamstrung by some players he didn't want who were still under contract. Here's hoping he can unearth a few gems for the coming season.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2022, 11:11:30 am »

Ask the Fans Representative person. It's an easy one for him to respond to and worth him understanding if he hasn't already picked up on it.
Fans representative, what a joke, what has he done or even communicated?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: