The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:15:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield (h) PO 2nd leg 18th May  (Read 23801 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:00 am »

I'm not around these parts much these days since I moved to the south coast back in 2013. I still 'follow' NTFC but from a distance and have to admit I've only been a few times since the Bradford loss at Wembley.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. I think most of you have taken the defeat by Mansfield pretty well, considering the circumstances of the whole picture. I had hoped that a wrong from the semi-final playoff years ago was going to be corrected at last, in the way the Gas finally got revenge for that famous night in Sixfields. As many have said, I too was outraged by the circumstances of what happened on the last day - it wouldn't have happened in the Prem. But it seems anything goes in irrelevant League 2.

2. Have to say, I wasn't that thrilled when Brady was appointed, but in his defence, so far he has exceeded expectations and deserves a chance now to bring in some players over the summer and push on. He's only had a year and was no doubt hamstrung by some players he didn't want who were still under contract. Here's hoping he can unearth a few gems for the coming season.

Very decent summary Bog Paper and no inferiority complications from you in declining to travel to places like Barrow and Carlisle let alone Northampton. Common sense prevails😎. Could do with more reasoned debate such as above.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:25:31 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2022, 15:49:49 pm »

Port Vale 2 Mansfield 0 - Hawkins sent off  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2022, 16:50:43 pm »

Port Vale 2 Mansfield 0 - Hawkins sent off  Grin Grin

That's 3-0. We'll see you all next year!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2022, 17:10:01 pm »

Gate = 37,303.

No evidence of potential (sustainability) above League 1 there.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2022, 17:24:22 pm »

Oh dear, what a shame for Mansfield, not. I actually thought Port Vale were the least likely side of the four to go up, shows what I know.

I watched the Wrexham v Grimsby game on BT and what a game that was. It was 1 - 0 to Wrexham with a soft penalty, then 1 - 1, then 2 - 1 Grimsby, then 2 - 2, then 3 - 2 Wrexham, then 3 - 3, then 4 - 3 Grimsby, then 4 - 4, and finally 5 - 4 Grimsby right near the end of extra time. I fancy them to beat either Solihull or Chesterfield to go up next weekend. Ryan Reynolds and the other fella who I have never heard off were in attendance too. It just goes to show that pumping in lot's of money doesn't always help - does it Salford !!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2022, 17:44:10 pm »

Vale get their reward. They should have had our place in the Covid year play-offs so something or other.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2022, 17:49:15 pm »

Not enamoured by either side, but Vale deserved their success today.

And at least Grimsby's win saves us all from the hype that would have surrounded Wrexham v Salford, Sky will be very disappointed.

Wrexham fans don't need to worry about this now

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/statement--vanarama-national-league-play-off-final/

Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2022, 17:52:28 pm »

Not enamoured by either side, but Vale deserved their success today.

And at least Grimsby's win saves us all from the hype that would have surrounded Wrexham v Salford, Sky will be very disappointed.

Wrexham fans don't need to worry about this now

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/statement--vanarama-national-league-play-off-final/

Grin  The age old question, club or country? Club everytime for me.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2022, 17:53:01 pm »

That's 3-0. We'll see you all next year!

I got the impression that tMansfield seemed more concerned with attendance figures than with actually winning! Only 15000 from them today and 20000 odd from PV. Against Grimsby we took over 40000 which is more than both PV and Mansfield put together. Both sides did not look like League One material to me. Still as Mansfield quoted a bit 'embarrassing!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2022, 17:57:17 pm »

Vale get their reward. They should have had our place in the Covid year play-offs so something or other.

Should they have done  Huh?

It was on points per game and we got through, end of.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2022, 19:24:29 pm »

Well that’s one away game I definitely won’t be doing next season!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2022, 19:30:13 pm »

Grin  The age old question, club or country? Club everytime for me.  Wink

Me too, no question.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2022, 19:56:14 pm »

Country for me..
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2022, 20:08:42 pm »

Country for me..

Which one? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2022, 21:35:05 pm »

Which one? Grin

Well…. I could choose two.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2022, 21:50:51 pm »

Well…. I could choose two.

At least. There's about 190 odd to choose from, but some are more successful than others in cups and that, so why would you choose the one you born in? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2022, 22:01:00 pm »

At least. There's about 190 odd to choose from, but some are more successful than others in cups and that, so why would you choose the one you born in? Huh?

You’ve lost me there.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2022, 22:32:33 pm »

You’ve lost me there.

Some people are born in or brought up in a town but choose to prefer the success of a different town/city over their own.
Some people are born in or brought up in a country and generally prefer the success of that country over a different one, unless that country is represented by a town/city which is different from the one they chose when they were at infant/junior school, especially when they're from a town/city that is perennially in the bottom 2 divisions.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2022, 22:52:10 pm »

Gate = 37,303.

No evidence of potential (sustainability) above League 1 there.
Poor decision to have the L2 playoff at Wembley and move the Rugby League final, which would have sold out Wembley, to Tottenham. It does beg the question that maybe this game would have been better off at the likes of Villa Park. Would the fans care? I wouldn’t if we’d got there and have to go to a Premier League ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
guest3086

« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2022, 07:41:49 am »

Poor decision to have the L2 playoff at Wembley and move the Rugby League final, which would have sold out Wembley, to Tottenham. It does beg the question that maybe this game would have been better off at the likes of Villa Park. Would the fans care? I wouldn’t if we’d got there and have to go to a Premier League ground.

There were 51000 there so that wouldn't fill Wembley and anyhow who cares if Wembley is sold out?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: