The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 17:34:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Budget Thread 2010

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Budget Thread 2010  (Read 908 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:01:57 am »

Beer and fags up is a given, anything else relevant to us?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 13:03:19 pm »

You were wrong Deepcut!  Grin

Im looking forward to the lefties all getting rah rah rahed after that little lot! Tory's mugging the poor, the sick, the elderly rah rah rah...

Fact is, and yes it is a FACT...that your boys and girls left this country in such a bloody mess we are now seeing the consequences. As with every Labour government in their entire history, the Blair and Brown legacy has left the building through the back door whilst the cleaners enter it through the front. And anybody who feels that they are now going to be worse off than before should look no further than the ex government for whom to blame.

Come on now lefties, lets hear your little rants!!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 13:43:37 pm »

Very happy to be wrong, especially on the beer front. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest49

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 14:23:10 pm »

That should sort this mess out, whilst creating some new mess. 
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 13:41:41 pm »

I've just found out that thanks to the Tories I'm now expected to work until I'm 66. This despite the fact that I've been paying into the pension for the past 38 years with 11 (now 12) more to come.

Still I suppose none of you lot will mind riding at 100+ mph behind a tired old man.

Meanwhile I see the planned national insurance for individuals is still going to rise, it's only the increase for the businesses that has been scrapped.

Same old Tories, they never change.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:16 am »

Don't worry about it, it was first proposed in 2006 by whoever was in charge then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5015928.stm
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Marvo

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:34 am »

I know it was Karl but it was proposed to come into force AFTER I retired.

I know your slow at picking up the point being made so I've tried to help.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 16:04:08 pm »

So when Labour proposed it and it would have happened after it affected you, it was ok. Now the Tories bring the idea forward a few years its diabolical? You're such a tit!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest48

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 16:19:13 pm »

Up to about 1969/70 people left school at the age of 15 , it then went upto 16 years of age. The people who left school at 15 should not have to work until they are 66 , they have done their extra year already. Also why do men have to work longer than women when women have a longer life expectancy ?
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 16:21:34 pm »

You just haven't got a clue have you Karl?  Roll Eyes

Labour proposed it in 2006 and planned to bring it in in 2024, giving those aged under 47 a minimum of 18 years to prepare for the change.

Now the Tories have reduced that to 6 years. Do you think it's easy to change your finiancial planning when the goal posts have changed when you may have only 6 years left to work?

They advise you to start planning a pension as soon as you leave school, some 50 years before you retire. You think it can be all done in 6.

You ought to look for a job as a finacial advisor.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 16:52:30 pm »

We need the sarcastic smilie fixed I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 22:28:34 pm »

Surely by giving you an extra year at work to save for your retirement they are doing you a favour!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 13:33:10 pm »

Not if you've made plans to retire abroad!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 22:15:28 pm »

Not if you've made plans to retire abroad!!!!

Are you joining Ted in his caravan in the Costa del Southwold?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Marvo

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 03:33:56 am »

I think me and Ted have a slightly different viewpoint as to what constitutes a holiday.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: