The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:26:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Teyn Away Days

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teyn Away Days  (Read 9334 times)
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« on: June 03, 2022, 15:49:12 pm »

Some with social media may see some posts/links for Teyn Away Days or indeed our website

Teyn Away Days has been formed as many passengers of Trust travel were not comfortable for the travel club to be associated with the Trust due to the relationship that the trust has with the football club or because of the current actions of the Trust and still wanted to travel as the football family we have become.

Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 16:19:59 pm »

Some with social media may see some posts/links for Teyn Away Days or indeed our website

Teyn Away Days has been formed as many passengers of Trust travel were not comfortable for the travel club to be associated with the Trust due to the relationship that the trust has with the football club or because of the current actions of the Trust and still wanted to travel as the football family we have become.

Teen away days? You have prince Andrew signing up?
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 16:24:28 pm »

For a minute I thought I had a spelling error and had put teen but I can see that my spellings were indeed correct . Phew !
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 18:22:51 pm »

Yet another Travel Club ?? Doesn't make much sense to me, soon everyone who drives will become there own travel club  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 18:49:13 pm »

What a nonsense. Founded on a negative. Should be ashamed. And what's with the Teyn bollocks?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 20:16:38 pm »

Good idea, always room for a Travel Club for Supporters
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 20:17:35 pm »

Yet another Travel Club ?? Doesn't make much sense to me, soon everyone who drives will become there own travel club  Huh?
Including ones that travel under the Barton flag?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 21:53:08 pm »

Including ones that travel under the Barton flag?

Some of you big shots have never been on Jimbo's Coach and yet here you are giving your expert opinions. Its just like some Punters shouting the odds after a poor away performance. On Jimbo's coach you can even listen to the European Song Contest which for me went down well after the Barrow game!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 22:00:06 pm »

Some of you big shots have never been on Jimbo's Coach and yet here you are giving your expert opinions. Its just like some Punters shouting the odds after a poor away performance. On Jimbo's coach you can even listen to the European Song Contest which for me went down well after the Barrow game!

Wish I'd been on it. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 22:35:49 pm »

Does it matter how many there is? The fact that it doesn't makes sense to you may be half the problem though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 22:45:04 pm »

What a nonsense. Founded on a negative. Should be ashamed. And what's with the Teyn bollocks?

What a nonsense - Why is it doing any harm?
Should be ashamed - what for doing what supporters want?
Teyn Bollocks  - If you are a Northamptonian you should know

Founded on a negative - No founded because the group don't want to be be connected to the Trust.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 22:47:40 pm »

Good news though Evers Jimbo will be running Teyn Away Days so we can continue shouting the odds.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 23:13:10 pm »

Does it matter how many there is? The fact that it doesn't makes sense to you may be half the problem though.
Pity you didn't have the balls to say anything on the coach back from Barrow, when I asked if anyone had any problems, still it's easy to say things from behind a keyboard isn't it ?
    Maybe the problem might have been that I put in a lot of time and effort in helping to run a travel club, at my own expense, only to have two faced people post snide remarks on here that are totally uncalled for.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 23:35:07 pm »

Pity you didn't have the balls to say anything on the coach back from Barrow, when I asked if anyone had any problems, still it's easy to say things from behind a keyboard isn't it ?
    Maybe the problem might have been that I put in a lot of time and effort in helping to run a travel club, at my own expense, only to have two faced people post snide remarks on here that are totally uncalled for.  Sad

I have not made any snide remarks against you Roger  I just put a post out to say that we were running a separate travel club. No bad feelings on my part - on the coach you asked me about a the quiz and not if there were any problems - I don’t hide behind a keyboard my picture of who I am is clear to see.
Jim and Barry did speak to you about this at Barrow.
I don’t feel this needs to be anything other than a group going there own way.
The work and effort you have put in is not in dispute.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3494

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 05:33:27 am »

Surely even you can see it’s spelt differently?

“When it comes to spelling, it's not all black and white. Gray and grey are both common spellings of the color between black and white. Gray is more frequent in American English, whereas grey is more common in British English.”
Hope this helps why, when our group of friends started to bring the word back into use in 2003, we put it on social media as Teyn.
The Chron adopted it for the front page headline for Wembley and it took off.

Get your dictionary out and see if you can find pedantic…
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 05:35:37 am »

Founded on a negative - No founded because the group don't want to be be connected to the Trust.

Great to see a new travel club and love the name!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 05:57:39 am »

Surely even you can see it’s spelt differently?

“When it comes to spelling, it's not all black and white. Gray and grey are both common spellings of the color between black and white. Gray is more frequent in American English, whereas grey is more common in British English.”
Hope this helps why, when our group of friends started to bring the word back into use in 2003, we put it on social media as Teyn.
The Chron adopted it for the front page headline for Wembley and it took off.

Get your dictionary out and see if you can find pedantic…

I have to say, I've never got the "teyn" spelling. Despite having lived my whole life in Northampton, having a bit of a local accent myself and having parents that come from generations of Northamptonians (whose accents my wife regularly remarks on the broadness of) I've never picked up on an "ey" sound in the middle of the word town. A slightly cropped "ow" maybe or even an "ew" at a push, but not an "ey".
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 05:59:19 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3086

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2022, 08:54:06 am »

So if you don't want to travel with the Trust out of 'principle' why not travel on another bus? If you want to set up your own bus why poke the Trust at all in your introduction? So tell me about 'teyn' then in Northampton's history.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 09:36:52 am »

4 travel clubs is not enough, 3 before, frankly for me was an embarrassment. Separate coaches for fans supporting the same club. unreal

Why don't you want to be connected to the Trust exactly?  Because they are taking steps to protect the medium and long term of the football - again unreal - Steps that Barry even voted for !!! Then is unable to explain to some on the bus why this action was necessary !!!

After all that Roger and the Trust have done for you and the club over the many years, you can't have a meeting to air your concerns and get more information before jumping ship, or is it amount control and money?Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 10:09:59 am »

People will travel to away games by whatever method, and with who, they want. The suggestion that everyone should travel with the same travel club is laughable. That suggestion didn't go down well many years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: